Sign in to follow this  
jasoncardeira

Problems with time compression 8x

How do I limit it to 4x as max? I usually don't do more than 8x anyway...and I would like to avoid greater than 4x. Is there a setting somewhere where I can limit it to 4x? When I try setting it using the FMC and they I try to cycle it through, I am unable to avoid the 8x and 16X... 

any ideas?

Set your auto-time compression for up to 4x in the FMC. 

Paul

Just tried another flight with clear weather (ASN not running in the background), and with no controllers connected. I used my mouse as a yoke for takeoff then quickly engaged AP to see if this was a controller issue. The issue still persists.

I made a quick video which is awful in quality, my apologies for that didn't have much time but to take a recording with my phone, however it still shows the issues that happen when simulating at 16x.

Paul

Watched your video closely...How is it possible the aircraft to be banking LEFT and the heading turning RIGHT ? See here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ul-y54iotKM#t=51

The FSX physical model cannot do this. Something is banging your FSX memory thru simconnect and messing reported aircraft heading/track. We had a similar report and turned out that the problem went away after an FSUIPC update. This particular one has definitely nothing to do with us. We read heading/track info not write.

Best,

Vangelis

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Watched your video closely...How is it possible the aircraft to be banking LEFT and the heading turning RIGHT ? See here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ul-y54iotKM#t=51

The FSX physical model cannot do this. Something is banging your FSX memory thru simconnect and messing reported aircraft heading/track. We had a similar report and turned out that the problem went away after an FSUIPC update. This particular one has definitely nothing to do with us. We read heading/track info not write.

Best,

Vangelis

Thanks for the reply, yes that was one of the first things I noticed as being very off. I tried disabling FSUIPC already, but I will try updating FSUIPC as per your suggestion. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Paul

Best,

Vangelis

After updating to latest FSUIPC the issue still persists. Behaviour of the plane is the same as in the video. I believe many of us in this thread have eliminated every option that isn't do to with SP1 itself. Controllers, weather, FSUIPC, etc. Prior to SP1, the plane is perfectly stable at 16x, after SP1, it's all over the place. This is without any changes to setup or configuration, the only change is installing SP1.

I feel if it was FSUIPC related or something else external to SP1, then I would experience similar issues simulating at 16x with the NGX or the 777X base pack. This is not the case. The NGX is super stable at 16x on my setup as is the base pack of the 777X. Thanks again for the suggestion, though. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Paul

Hello everyone.

I'd like to add something to this post. I've been experiencing the same issue.

I usually used the auto cruise set to x8 speed on 200LR/F. After the SP1 and 300ER extension (which is the only thing that changed on my configuration), it is not possible anymore. I've installed the planes following Ryan's guidelines for the clean install (sweeped everything PMDG T7 related).

So basically, the issue is the following for me:

On autopilot, auto cruise enabled to x8, the plane starts banking and keeps trying to get back on track. On such situation, the auto cruise should get back to x1, which it doesn't. Also, when disabling the auto cruise (through FMC or short button on the clock), the simulation gets back to forced x4 mode, that needs to be manually set back to x1 through FMC or tabs menu.

I use:

• PMDG NGX
  • PMDG 200/300 SP1
  • Pro ATC X
  • Shade
  • FSUIPC
  • Active Sky next

I hope these details related to the auto-cruise engine will help you guys. Thanks again PMDG for your creation, really bringing some passion into this world :).

Youssef D.

After purchasing the 300ER, I did a clean install of the 777-200LR, then SP1, then the 300ER. No problems whatsoever with the Auto Time Compression here.

For those of u like me who have the 8x compression s-turn problem, I have a thought and tonight test the flight again using hdg sel and again manually increase the time compression, stable at 4x but once hit 8x, S-turn started again so the bug is not in the LNAV code may I boldly suggest. see screenshot attached. I have resubmitted this on my existing ticket. Can any of u having the same problem try hdg-sel and 8x and report back to PMDG?

14721992771_115bda3b79_o.jpg

Francis

First think I did was update FSUIPC, but I do have a simconnect program in add/remove programs - it could be from Prepar3D. 

I will remove this simconnect and report findings. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Best,

Vangelis

Hi Van,

I have also noticed this weird thing when manually increasing the time compression to 8X from 4X, the aircraft will bank to the left whereas the ND would indicate turn to the right, as if magically the autopilot and GPS/IRS has been disconnected. Does that ring a bell in terms of finding bugs? I can post my video if you want. As I said in my ticket, no ASN, no FSUIPC, clear sky FSX weather, all clean and it happens without failure on all flights, even tonight I switch to HDG SEL and the same weido thing happened so LNAV logic is not to blame, and from previous posts, other users can repeat the same issue on their plane on HDG SEL as well.

Cheers,

Francis

Problem is there with HDG SEL as well. 

Paul

Paul,

We read aircraft heading and track info thru simconnect. The latter in your case for some reason reports wrong values. In fact the rate of change reported is exactly the opposite of what it should. This is related to your FS config as is now. As noted above we had another report of this where the user changed his config (updated FSUIPC and some weather programme) and had his issue "magically" resolved. We are investigating and gathering data.

Nothing to do with the T7 but a combination of external factors. Stay tuned please and in the end we tend always to figure it out.

Best,

Vangelis

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Paul,

We read aircraft heading and track info thru simconnect. The latter in your case for some reason reports wrong values. In fact the rate of change reported is exactly the opposite of what it should. This is related to your FS config as is now. As noted above we had another report of this where the user changed his config (updated FSUIPC and some weather programme) and had his issue "magically" resolved. We are investigating and gathering data.

Nothing to do with the T7 but a combination of external factors. Stay tuned please and in the end we tend always to figure it out.

Best,

Vangelis

I appreciate the help! While I'm not eliminating the possibility that it has something to do with my setup or config, it just seems odd how only the 777X after updating to SP1 has this issue (NGX is stable as is 777X base pack). I've already tried disabling FSUIPC, updating FSUIPC, running flights with no weather, with weather, and a clean install of the 777X. The only thing I am yet to try is a clean install of FSX (which I would prefer not to do...). I will stay tuned for sure as the 777X is a tremendous add-on and I would love to use it fully. Thank you again.

Paul

Hello everyone.

I'd like to add something to this post. I've been experiencing the same issue.

I usually used the auto cruise set to x8 speed on 200LR/F. After the SP1 and 300ER extension (which is the only thing that changed on my configuration), it is not possible anymore. I've installed the planes following Ryan's guidelines for the clean install (sweeped everything PMDG T7 related).

So basically, the issue is the following for me:

On autopilot, auto cruise enabled to x8, the plane starts banking and keeps trying to get back on track. On such situation, the auto cruise should get back to x1, which it doesn't. Also, when disabling the auto cruise (through FMC or short button on the clock), the simulation gets back to forced x4 mode, that needs to be manually set back to x1 through FMC or tabs menu.

I use:

• PMDG NGX
  • PMDG 200/300 SP1
  • Pro ATC X
  • Shade
  • FSUIPC
  • Active Sky next
I hope these details related to the auto-cruise engine will help you guys. Thanks again PMDG for your creation, really bringing some passion into this world :).

Youssef D.

Having the same issue that I can't switch off Auto cruise. I try to click the CHR button on the clock but the clock digits go yellow (manual mode) I can only switch off Auto Cruise via the FMC. I have a ticket open with PMDG at the moment and hoping to get some news soon