Sign in to follow this  
jasoncardeira

Problems with time compression 8x

hello,

I do not understand what you mean by tutorial 1? can you explain a little more clearly please?

This is contradictory of what PMDG states in the Tutorial 1: "we suggest either leaving it (time compresion) at the default 4x or increasing it to 8x". PMDG should just have one word.

Edward

Yes PMDG suggests that. For the sake of responding to our issue Rob is stating that he has the 777 flying at 16x simrate without issue. That doesn't mean he is suggesting to do this at all times in contradiction to Tutorial 1. 

If you are referring to the suggestion in Tutorial 1 of increasing up to 8x auto time-compression, Rob's statement is still not contradictory because the issue persists at 8x simrate as well as at 16x.

Regardless, PMDG have recognized this issue as stated on their Facebook page, and will be trying to resolve it through SP1c. I just hope we get SP1c sooner rather than later. My 777 has been parked for a long long time. 

Paul

Hi guys,

1) Do you see the airplane begin to wander in 8x+ time compression if you use PMDG's Auto-Time-Compression feature?

Yes

2) Do you see the airplane begin to wander in 8x+ time compression if you manually set the time compression using the FSX menu or key commands?

Yes

3) Do you have FSUIPC installed?

Yes

3a) Which version is installed?

3b) Have you tried deleting your FSUIPC config file and letting it rebuild?

No

4) Have you tried deleting your FSX.CFG file and letting it rebuild?

No

5) Do you have Lockheed Martin Prepar3d installed on this machine?

No

6) When the airplane begins to wander, watch the HEADING ROSE on the NAV DISPLAY very carefully. Is it rotating in the proper direction and remaining in sync with the airplane heading? If not- we need to know.

When the airplane begins to wander the heading on the PFD and ND are not in sync with the bank angle. It seems to be too late, if you know what I mean.

If the aircraft finished its left turn and is starting to bank to the right, the heading is stille turning too the left and it takes some time before it starts to turn to the right.

Another thing I noticed is, that the standby compass is not in sync with the heading on the ND.

It seems to react quicker to the bank angles of the aircraft than the ND.

It also comes quicker to the correct heading as soon as I pause FSX.

When I pause, the sim stops and the aircraft stops too but the heading is still moving.

Sometimes it takes up to 10s to come to the correct value.

It seems the heading is lagging behind the rest of the sim.

I hope this will help.

Paul

BTW: I also have the issue with the pausing FSX (not the freezing aircraft).

Sometimes the sim freezes for 15min.

But the aircraft keeps to simulate, because when the sim returns to normal operatian, the aircraft has burnt fuel in the meantime without actually moving. ;-)

Makes the ultra long range jet now unable to fly ultra long flight times. Of course we can choose to sit infront of our computers for 16 hours from Toronto to Hong Kong non stop but then there may be other problems introduced in that case like FS X crash. They cant run too long either. Also now with the new SP patch whether it is SP1 or SP1b, the cockpit/ aircraft textures loading times are ridiculously long. Hope that these will be resolved with SP1c. 

Regards,

Ronald

Hi All,

After installing Sp1 I had the problem with the aircraft wandering after x8 compression. Now with Sp1b the 777 stays on track after reloading but reverts to x2 time compression and remains at x2.

Anyone else experience this?

Andy Beard.

mine won't go past x4,but it's still usable

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I tried it with a fresh fsx.cfg and FSUIPC cinfig file, but it didn't help.

THe aircraft is still flying zick zack like crazy. :-(

a small update would be nice! ^_^

I'll agree, it's been awhile seen we've heard anything on this issue. Are we any closer to having it solved?

Paul

Are we any closer to having it solved?

I would be interested to know this as well.  Ever since I installed the SP the time compression has not worked at greater than 4X.

-Dustin

Testing this issue now:KATL - FAOR at FL330 and no way point issue at 8x (both auto time compressions and sim rate). At this time compression ever so often my FSX Scenery refreshes - since I never exceed 4x I have never noticed this, is this normal?

However, at 16x after FSX scenery refreshes, then I get horrible oscillations that are corrected by resetting the simrate to 1x or disabling auto simrate. If I had to guess, I wonder if this is a simrate sync issue at time compressions over 8x. I noticed after a refresh, the sim was no longer displaying wind direction on my main display.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

Testing this issue now:KATL - FAOR at FL330 and no way point issue at 8x (both auto time compressions and sim rate). At this time compression ever so often my FSX Scenery refreshes - since I never exceed 4x I have never noticed this, is this normal?

However, at 16x after FSX scenery refreshes, then I get horrible oscillations that are corrected by resetting the simrate to 1x or disabling auto simrate. If I had to guess, I wonder if this is a simrate sync issue at time compressions over 8x. I noticed after a refresh, the sim was no longer displaying wind direction on my main display.

Have you changed anything so you can reach at least the 8x compression? I can't go beyond 4x at all.

Have you changed anything so you can reach at least the 8x compression? I can't go beyond 4x at all.

Nope!

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

Same issue. Prior to SP1b the 777 200LR was flawless in terms of time compression. I also had made the recommended changes with the previous SP and the OOM issues went away.

Now I cannot use time compression beyond 4X (as well as with the 777 300ER). I am also now experiencing OOM issues again... unbelievably last night in a short test flight from KSEA to KJFK. Had no issues with the previous SP after OOM optimizing, even with 14 hour flights.

So for now the SP1b 777 is unfortunately parked. Looking forward to the fix as soon as is practical. BTW, the weather radar with ASN is fabulous and as close at it can be to the real 777.  

Answers to questions same as Ingrimmsch's above.