Sign in to follow this  
Bidous33

[FIX]/[ASN]/[RESOLVED] Weather Radar on PMDG 777

Wheather Radar Don't Work

I've found the solution :)

Check your FSUIPC installation.

Re-instal your version of FSUIPC, then go to your FSX installation folder => Module => delete FSUIPC.ini.

A new one will create when you'll start FSX.

For an active WX Radar, just push AUTO and L/R buttons on Pedestal and WX button above ND.

Enjoy your flight Captains :)

Support on PMDG or my skype : bidous33

I do not work the weather radar yesterday Realize purchase ASN install it and then install sp1 and it worked correctly on the first attempt then went back to get in and I no longer worked, I have FSUIPC installed I can do in that case

Steven Silva

Spoiler

Airplanes Inside of me, pilot in VATSIM and IVAO

Increasing the radar gain may also help.

Not really...

Increasing gain simply makes it more sensitive.  That doesn't mean it's working better.

Kyle Rodgers

Well, it worked on one flight... now it does not work again... did again what you said.... not working...

Not really...

Increasing gain simply makes it more sensitive.  That doesn't mean it's working better.

The impression it does not work may stem from missing returns on the ND - increasing the gain did the trick for me ...

The impression it does not work may stem from missing returns on the ND - increasing the gain did the trick for me ...

Again: not "missing."

Radar has thresholds (for your run-of-the-mill ground-based Doppler stuff, this is called VCP).  Changing the gain simply changes that threshold.  If you increase it too much, you're simply illuminating useless clutter that won't even show up as precip (you see this on the ground-based stuff when there are hazy rings around the radar site).

It's not "doing a trick," really.  It's setting up false expectations.  Unless you know what you're doing, leave it in auto.  If nothing shows up, then there's no weather for you to worry about.

Some very smart people programmed these things.  It's not like they programmed AUTO to be randomly leaving out important info.  I get that the radar is new, and really cool, and all of that, but it needs to be approached for what it is, and not for what it's not:

It's not a pretty ND picture creator.

It's a weather radar, designed to alert you to potentially hazardous weather.

Kyle Rodgers

Again: not "missing."

(...) It's a weather radar, designed to alert you to potentially hazardous weather.

You're right, Kyle, just increasing the gain does not truely solve those issues. When playing with my graphics settings, I discovered that "correct" depictions appeared even with gain at its default setting.

I had experienced the same stuff (depictions missing with low graphics settings; depictions correct with high settings) when testing Bryn's freeware ASN wx radar gauge.

Not yet sure though, which settings make the difference. And yes, I'm also aware that ASN changes FSX settings itself, and that FSX wx settings are mainly about cloud depiction, not rain depiction.

Still, those are my findings and I'll check tonight which settings specifically make a difference.

EDIT:

Could be "detailed clouds" according to this post:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446732-weather-radar-not-working-with-asn/?p=3037092

Edited by olli4740