Sign in to follow this  
Guest badbiggles

Help- Brakes stuck on in FS9

Just started using FS9 and have a brake problem - the Brake(s)won't release. I have CHProducts USB Yoke and pedals. I tried deletingthe "x" and "y" axis of the rudder pedals.....but no luck. Is this a glitch rendering the pedal brakes useless, or could there be a workaround somewhere? Any advice would be much appreciated...Thanks, Bill.

Guest ThrottleUp

This is a shot in the dark but try it :)On your keyboard press CTRL and then . (period key)If that doesnt work try keeping the left mouse button pressed and drag the mouse to the left/right.Hope u find a solution soon!

Guest RonB49

>I tried deleting the "x" and "y" axis of the rudder pedals.....but no luck.This should have eliminated the problem. Have you examined the Joystick section of you FS9.cfg file to insure that they are really gone?If you want to fix the problem, then make sure that your brake axes are reversed. There is a checkbox to tick in the axis assignment area of FS9 "Options" menu. R-

Guest UlfB

Hi Bill,I had this problem with the CH pedals. I installed the CH Control Manager (latest version is 3.6 I think) and calibrated the pedals and I also defined a deadzone for the toe brakes. No problems with sticky brakes after that.Ulf B

Thanks for the input...here's an update: I did check "reverse" on the "x" and "y" axis in flightsim, and when I started up again the BRAKES were off...However, as soon as I (barely) touch a rudder pedal, they are stuck on again!??. I have calibrated in CHManager 3.6, but have not done any changes there, because quite honestly, it is notuser-friendly. And, just to complicate matters, keystroke brakes has no affect...thanks again, Bill

Guest CYYJ1968

Check that none of your other controllers have a brake command entry. FS2004 allows multiple controllers to have assignments for the same command which can lead to conflicts.

Guest badbiggles

SwanflyTry thisFS9/ Controls/Sensitivities - Go to Pro PedalsthenSimple - Sensitivities - all axes - make sure slider is well to the right or hard rightBadbiggles:-)