Sign in to follow this  
Empennage

B77W: No gauges, no gear despite successful activation

Hi all,

I am currently experiencing an issue where the gauges on the 777 will not load after the sim has loaded. The activation for both the 77L and the 77W went successfully without any problems.

Symptoms:
- No Initializing Systems countdown on sim start
- Black screens
- No landing gear
- No cockpit ambiance / gauge sounds

I have already tried these:
- Full, clean reinstallation of all PMDG 777 related products

- Clearing out fsx.cfg trusted entries and the Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects folder
- Loading a default aircraft before loading the 777
None of the above worked.

A reply to a support ticket I submitted suggested that I install the latest DX9 and DX SDK; I did so and again I performed a clearing out of the fsx.cfg trusted entries and the Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects folder, but it still refused to work.

Any suggestions and shoutouts will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

- Peter Huang

5qjiBMh.jpg

10535628_509105702568533_287138942459562

10530510_509105925901844_873208156189885

Hi

Do you use ezdok? if so did you fire up the ezdok config after installing the 777. not seen these affects from not running the config, but worth a try.

If you installed it on Windows 7/8, did you run the PMDG 300ER installer as "Run as Administrator".?

Because that will make a lot of difference.

If you installed it on Windows 7/8, did you run the PMDG 300ER installer as "Run as Administrator".?

Because that will make a lot of difference.

Yes. I always perform installations with Run as Administrator.

Is the FlexNET service running?

I can't be sure. But it was definitely active when I activated my 777.

Hi

Do you use ezdok? if so did you fire up the ezdok config after installing the 777. not seen these affects from not running the config, but worth a try.

No. I do not have ezdok, this view was achieved with the XyzRate=8.0 CameraDefinition entry in the aircraft.cfg file and with the default viewpoint panning controls.

Thanks for your replies. I really hope to get my 77W working soon.

This also happened to me, turned out i was using the 200 activation code rather than the 300 activation code which they send you in the email once you purchase.Same exact problem i had,and if it keeps asking you to activate than this might be the solution.

Did I not see a post with a screenie from the OP earlier that PMDG were validating the purchase/activation? Was that issue resolved by PMDG? Maybe that is what is causing this issue?

This also happened to me, turned out i was using the 200 activation code rather than the 300 activation code which they send you in the email once you purchase.Same exact problem i had,and if it keeps asking you to activate than this might be the solution.

I can confirm that this happens, I did the exact same thing and got the ax act same results.

Regards,

Edit: I think that if you are doing a clean reinstall of the 200 base package, you have to actually select that plane first in FSX and enter your activation (if asked) for that plane, then exit and restart FSX, select the 300 and activate (with its own key sent by email on purchase of expansion), after which, for me the 300 worked no problem.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I can confirm that this happens, I did the exact same thing and got the ax act same results.

Regards,

Edit: I think that if you are doing a clean reinstall of the 200 base package, you have to actually select that plane first in FSX and enter your activation (if asked) for that plane, then exit and restart FSX, select the 300 and activate (with its own key sent by email on purchase of expansion), after which, for me the 300 worked no problem.

Well, here's what I did; Initially, I did not reinstall 77L; I just installed SP1 over it and then the 77W. When I selected the 77W, the activation window popped up and I used it to successfully activate the 77W. After I discovered this issue, I performed a full reinstall but not once was I asked to reactivate. I just went back to load up the 77L and it too did not ask me to reactivate; and the 77L, like the 77W, did not work.

Thank you for your help. Getting a little desperate now...

Well, here's what I did; Initially, I did not reinstall 77L; I just installed SP1 over it and then the 77W. When I selected the 77W, the activation window popped up and I used it to successfully activate the 77W. After I discovered this issue, I performed a full reinstall but not once was I asked to reactivate. I just went back to load up the 77L and it too did not ask me to reactivate; and the 77L, like the 77W, did not work.

Thank you for your help. Getting a little desperate now...

Just a thought, but did you read the procedure that Ryan gave us for a complete uninstall and reinstall of the base package i.e. All the manual deletion of folders etc before reinstalling?

If you didn't, try that and then the procedure I used.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

I am also having the same difficulty when installing the SP1 over the 777 200. Its fine when I haven't installed the service pack and the plane has clickable switches etc in the VC and landing gear shows. However when I install SP1 following all instructions and also doing a fresh install then the problem starts. No clickable switches and no landing gear. It appears no service pack for me at the moment. I thought I was the only one until I saw the pictures so must be a problem with something. I also have run installations and updates as administrator. 

Regards

Rich Denman

I am also having the same difficulty when installing the SP1 over the 777 200. Its fine when I haven't installed the service pack and the plane has clickable switches etc in the VC and landing gear shows. However when I install SP1 following all instructions and also doing a fresh install then the problem starts. No clickable switches and no landing gear. It appears no service pack for me at the moment. I thought I was the only one until I saw the pictures so must be a problem with something. I also have run installations and updates as administrator. 

Regards

Rich Denman

Rich, if you are sure you have done everything correctly and you still have problems, you might be better off sending a ticket.

Just in case you got a corrupted download, maybe re download another installer and follow Ryan's uninstall reinstall + SP1 + 300 procedure.

Good luck,

Rick Hobbs

I encountered this problem.

Apparently the saved panel files had been corrupted leading to the black gauges and missing gear etc.

The fix I did was to delete the saved panel files. I saved my flight as "F" so it had the corresponding

F.FLT.0.rte

F.FLT.1.rte

F.FLT.fmc

F.FLT.sav

All these were in the folder where FSX is installed: FSX>PMDG>PMDG 777X>PanelState.

After restarting FSX, the problem was gone.

Regards,

C Oragwu

Regards,

C Orags, DNMM

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgBanner_MJC11.png

I've been messing with my graphics settings the past couple of days and managed to trigger this issue a few times. One thing that definitely triggered it without fail is turning on 'anisotropic filtering' in the FSX graphics settings. Switching to trilinear caused the sim to load normally.

Of course this may not be the same for you and could also depend on what settings you have in your Nvidia/AMD control panel (I'm using AMD).

Another setting that appeared to trigger it more often is leaving the FPS set to 'unlimited'.

Tim Nickerson

I had the very same problem so i got mad so i did a fresh install of Windows 7 and FSX also PMDG 777-200LR  and it works my advice is do not mess with the settings when flying the pmdg 777 dont end the flight then right away load another 777 as this will conflict with the issues as stated above. 

One more try you could do is System restore on Windows that may work.