Sign in to follow this  
Guest paulri

Patch Installtion

I just read about all the things that can go wrong after installing the FS9 patch. The only add-on I have is the PMDG Beech1900. I think I made a change to thet .cfg file --adding code to make it possible to pan in 2D mode (which didn't work anyway) but can't find it now.Does anyone with experience in downloading the patch have any suggestions...Many thanks,Bill

Bill, in my case the patch installed with no problem. I have a ton of add-on scenery and the PMDG 737, all worked fine. The patch did help some items.Bob

Guest paulri

With all due respect, before you try installing the patch, STUDY the MS provided readme in detail. Readme can be found on the MS web site for FS9. Follow the instructions and you should have no trouble. I have numerous changes to various aircraft.cfg files, and had no problems.Paul

Thanks Paul,I just read what I read in the NEWS section of the actual MSFS application, kind of freaked me out, not being nearly as computer literate as 90% of the folks here.. I can't spell either, can I? :-) Bill

Thanks again Paul,That is what I read, from a link in FS9.All these 'issue' make me nervous (see how naive I am, but I play great steel drums!)1- Issue with Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) -2- Issue with various module .dlls and the Update setup -3- Problems with FSUIPC -1-I do have thew windows service pack 2-- i think.2- haven't a clue4-How do I know if I have Software that relies on FSUIP? The only add-on I have is the PMDG Beech 1900D!Your patience is appreciated...Bob above says don't worry about it just go ahead... -eek Bill:

Guest Boone

Hi - Just installed it myself. 1. Don't have Windows XP Service pack 2 yet.2. During install I got a warning that I was missing the gps_export.dll. I found it on disc 2 of FS2004. I since learned that all I had to do was copy any .dll and simply rename it.3. After install make sure you get the latest FSUIPC, install and overwrite.Also if you use the no-CD .exe, you may want to install the original before you start.To be honest I've noticed zero improvement in frame rates but then again I fly complex add ons into complex scenery with ActiveSky and lots of AI!Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

Hi Boone,Love your quote at the bottom...Well, since I don't even know what the 'gps_export.dll.'' or "no-CD .exe,', are, and don't understand what "copy any .dll and simply rename it." really means, I'll have to think about it..the patch, that is I guess I am concerned about downloading the Patch, and having to spend the next 3 days figuring out how to correct whatever may go wrong.I think part of my problem is lack of patience with trying to figure out things about...how computers, files, the insides, whatever, really work, enough to understand enough to feel more comfortable than I do...Thank you for all your help...I need a coach. :>)So I have a simple question, all you guys who fly complex add-ons with FMC, etc. What do you do once the plane takes off...I mean if the plane is programmed for the entire flight to follow the FMC and fly by autopilot, what else is there to do.. Maybe a dumb question but asked in all good faith..bestBillPangaia Steel Band4 tenors, 2 double tenors, 2 seconds, 2 cellos, 2 basses, drums conga, percussion ( instead of my computer specs) :)