Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

INVALID FORCAST UPLINK

Hi guys,

May be simply overlooking stuff but i have reread the manual so many times. (162/163).

ASN option set (Auto Load simulator Flight plan)

I create a flightplan in PFPX and export the route and WX file to the default locations.

The datalink system works perfectly and I get everything set up correctly.

However, when I now go into the forecast page and request the winds, i get the topic title error message when trying to load it in.

After this I loaded ASN with the flightplan, I changed the PMDG>>Options> Simulation pg7 > Create and Load FSX plan to FSx.

Still nothing, am i going wrong somewhere, or do you think this is a one off and I need to have the above set before requesting my initial datalink

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I create a flightplan in PFPX and export the route and WX file to the default locations.

Don't put the WX file in the PMDG WX folder anymore. Load your f/p in the FMC and then request your weather. Not sure if that's the actual problem, but that's how I did mine and it worked like a charm.

Don't put the WX file in the PMDG WX folder anymore. Load your f/p in the FMC and then request your weather. Not sure if that's the actual problem, but that's how I did mine and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for your reply, but the manual says the following:

The PMDG 777 looks in the [FSX]\PMDG\WX folder for a file named XXXXYYYY.wx, where XXXX and YYYY are the active route’s origin and destination airport ICAO codes. This file should contain wind and temperature data for the waypoints along the route in a specific format."

Alex

Alex Ridge

I think what he means is not to let pfpx export a wx file since asn will create one once the fp is loaded. Pfpx wx file is static vs the one from asn which dynamic and is always updated

Hi guys,

Fresh flight and I cannot load the winds at all now. I get the above error message at the start of the flight.

I am thinking that I should just do a fresh install, I'll get back to you

Alex Ridge

Hi guys,

Fresh flight and I cannot load the winds at all now. I get the above error message at the start of the flight.

I am thinking that I should just do a fresh install, I'll get back to you

After loading the flight plan into FSX, ASN will detect that and then export the wx data to [FSX]\PMDG\WX

If this didn't happen; then are using the ASN in a network configuration?

I am using the ASN in a network configuration and unfortunately the ASN did not detect the FSX flight plan.

I waiting ASN team to reply about this issue

Jehad Hamdan

After loading the flight plan into FSX, ASN will detect that and then export the wx data to [FSX]\PMDG\WX

If this didn't happen; then are using the ASN in a network configuration?

I am using the ASN in a network configuration and unfortunately the ASN did not detect the FSX flight plan.

I waiting ASN team to reply about this issue

No, I am using it on a single machine, I guess by having the setting set 'fsx plan to wx file' in the fmc, all i need to do is export the wx file from PFPX?

Alex Ridge

I am having the exact same problem.

From the data uplink, Route, Performance and Wind data is loaded without a hitch in the FMC.

It's the descent forecast which won't upload and I get the error message on FMC "Invalid Forecast Uplink"

btw using PFPX for my flight plans and ASN Live Weather mode (on the same machine)

No Complex stuff in ASN. Default settings. 

Same here.

Chris Howard

I have the same problem. FMC shows 'sentREQUEST' . I can't do anything about it.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

Over the course of the flight is ASN updating the weather? When going to listen to your destination ATIS on 122.02 does the time stamp update as the flight goes on? Following the intro manual page 163 and for some reason ASN will not update. Stays static even though in live mode at to download every 10 minutes. Was like that for a six hour flt.

Eric 

No, I am using it on a single machine, I guess by having the setting set 'fsx plan to wx file' in the fmc, all i need to do is export the wx file from PFPX?

This is how I have mine set up. In the FMC page 7 of the simulation option, I have "create and load to fsx". In PFPX I no longer export the wx file. Remember once a flight plan is loaded into ASN, it will automatically generate a wx file and it generate a new one everytime you request wind data and descent forecast in the fmc

No need to export from PFPX; ASN will do all. After requesting the flight plan in your FMC, the 777 will create the FSX plan and then the ASN will generate the WX file, at end the FMC will load this WX file.

Use PFPX for planning and ASN for weathering.

Jehad Hamdan

SOLVED:

Introduction manual page 163-165

-

In short

STEP 1 :

on ASN this option must be checked

455.jpg

-

STEP 2 :

In Your 777 FMC

Go to PMDG Setup > Simulations >Option

Browse to NXT PAGE .. I believe on Page 7 there is an option

FSX PLN FILE FOR WXR :  Which should be set to  > CREATE FILE AND LOAD TO FSX

Capture2.jpg

Cheers

SOLVED:

Introduction manual page 163-165

-

In short

STEP 1 :

on ASN this option must be checked

455.jpg

-

STEP 2 :

In Your 777 FMC

Go to PMDG Setup > Simulations >Option

Browse to NXT PAGE .. I believe on Page 7 there is an option

FSX PLN FILE FOR WXR :  Which should be set to  > CREATE FILE AND LOAD TO FSX

Capture2.jpg

Cheers

As per first post, I have followed this, no luck.

#/not solved 

Alex Ridge