Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

INVALID FORCAST UPLINK

Hi guys,

May be simply overlooking stuff but i have reread the manual so many times. (162/163).

ASN option set (Auto Load simulator Flight plan)

I create a flightplan in PFPX and export the route and WX file to the default locations.

The datalink system works perfectly and I get everything set up correctly.

However, when I now go into the forecast page and request the winds, i get the topic title error message when trying to load it in.

After this I loaded ASN with the flightplan, I changed the PMDG>>Options> Simulation pg7 > Create and Load FSX plan to FSx.

Still nothing, am i going wrong somewhere, or do you think this is a one off and I need to have the above set before requesting my initial datalink

Alex

My brief tutorial in the following thread may help with this topic:

Brief workflow tutorial: PMDG 777 SP1 Company Datalink function with PFPX + Active Sky Next (ASN)

JohnJ

Sorry . Change the setting in your FMC to "CREATE WX FILE" and not "Create WX file and load to FSX"

I think on the later option, FMC Assumes that you are using default FSX weather (which is static unless you have checked live weather mode in FSX as well) and loads in WX from FSX which remains the same throughout.

If you use "CREATE WX FILE' only it will take the weather from the active weather enginer which would be ASN.

Check if this solve your problem

Ok, will give this a try tonight on a red eye I am getting ready to do. Thanks

Eric 

Sorry . Change the setting in your FMC to "CREATE WX FILE" and not "Create WX file and load to FSX"

I think on the later option, FMC Assumes that you are using default FSX weather (which is static unless you have checked live weather mode in FSX as well) and loads in WX from FSX which remains the same throughout.

If you use "CREATE WX FILE' only it will take the weather from the active weather enginer which would be ASN.

That doesn't solve mine, but it might do for Eric. 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

what build of  asn are you on ? Iam on version  1.0.5226.33572  with no isses

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

what build of  asn are you on ? Iam on version  1.0.5226.33572  with no isses

Hi Pete,

You should probably post your FMC settings for reference then.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Found it. VNAV >> Des.

John Callum   Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Win 10, X-Plane 11.50, FS2020, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek panels, HP Reverb G2

Alex, can you try the following:

Go to ASN-> Flight Plan. There activate "Add Top of Climb/Top of Descent Waypoints to Flight Plan". See if it works now.

Alex, can you try the following:

Go to ASN-> Flight Plan. There activate "Add Top of Climb/Top of Descent Waypoints to Flight Plan". See if it works now.

Hi mate,

It is already set there. I'm looking into something

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Ok, will give this a try tonight on a red eye I am getting ready to do. Thanks

How did it go with your red eye last night?

This is not true. This option does not control the creation of the XXXXYYYY.wx file that contains the wind forecasts. It controls the creation of an FSX format flight plan file, named WX.PLN.

The 777 will use FSX weather only if no XXXXYYYY.WX file is found for the XXXX-YYYY route. If a .WX file exists it will always be used to provide forecasts.

The difference between the "Create WX.PLN file and load to FSX" and "Create WX.PLN FILE" is that in the first case the wx.pln file is created and automatically loaded to FSX in order to trigger an automatic loading to ASN, while in the second case the file is not loaded to FSX, therefore you should manually load it yourself into ASN from the ASN flight plan tab.

This is all explained in detail in the provided supplement document.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Hi aceridgey.

I had the same issue you have reported..

While I was looking for a solution at HiFi´s forum, I found this (copy & paste from there)...

"Have you actually navigated to the plan at least once from within ASN itself?? Until you do (that), ASN won't know where the plans are that it should be loading. This is only necessary when using ASN in a networked environment and you only have to do it once after installing ASN on that client machine." -- by Andydigital.

This have solved it for me.... hope it helps you too.

Regards, Duran.

How did it go with your red eye last night?

Well, it went great for what I am now doing. I use PFPX for every flight to plan. I use ASN (I start ASN prior to PFPX) for all weather/wind aloft data when planning with PFPX. At the conclusion of my flight planning I send the flight plan (which contains all of the wind aloft forecast data for the route) to the 777 flight plans folder and export the weather to the PMDG weather folder (also send it to vatsim preflight site so when I log on with vPilot I just need to fetch it from the server). I save a copy of the flightplan to my Google Drive folder as well.

So then I shut down PFPX, keep ASN running and start fsx. Once in the sim and power to the aircraft I use the coroute feature and load plan into the FMC. I then request the wind data and it loads up. Yes I know that doing it this way does not allow you to update the winds enroute but as I understand it the winds aloft forecast is good for quite a few hours. I manually input the route into ASN.

So how did the flight go doing it this way? Well after takeoff I pulled up my flightplan in my tablet as it is now in Google Drive. The OFP I use from within PFPX is a replica of the real world Delta one. As such it has the aloft forecast winds for waypoints about every 100nm.I kept comparing what the forecast was to what I was seeing. The winds were never more than 10 degrees off and were within 5kts. Well within what I would term acceptable. This was on a six hour flight. I tune to 122.02 and get the current ATIS and land. The whole flight went perfect and uneventful up until I went into the bedroom and tried to explain why I was getting into bed at 5am. The winds all pretty much matched up as everything comes from ASN beginning with the flight planning. I really see no need to have to update aloft winds as over the course of a flight are they really going to change that much to make a difference in fsx? I don't think so.

Eric 

Well, it went great for what I am now doing.

Right now until I can do more investigation this what I am doing. Start PFPX and plan flight. Export info to PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS/777, PMDG/WX, and Flight Simulator X Files. Close PFPX. Start FSX and complete FMC thru requesting wind data on legs page and executing. Now PFPX forecast winds are in the FMC.

Start ASN and load FP from Flight Simulator X Files. It will generate a WX file and send it to PMDG/WX. But that's okay because PFPX forecast has already been requested and executed in the FMC. I will never request the winds again during the remainder of the flight. To do so would bring ASN winds into the FMC. I only want PFPX winds in the FMC. ASN will provide the weather I fly thru and that's all.

The Descent Forecast can be loaded from PFPX after the route winds have been requested and executed or they can be manually entered when close to T/D by using AWC-ADDS.

I don't like starting ASN in the middle of preflight. I think I have a solution by exporting PFPX again after the FP is entered into ASN. This would overwrite the ASN WX files in PMDG/WX but I need to verify this by doing several flights.

Right now until I can do more investigation this what I am doing. Start PFPX and plan flight. Export info to PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS/777, PMDG/WX, and Flight Simulator X Files. Close PFPX. Start FSX and complete FMC thru requesting wind data on legs page and executing. Now PFPX forecast winds are in the FMC.

Start ASN and load FP from Flight Simulator X Files. It will generate a WX file and send it to PMDG/WX. But that's okay because PFPX forecast has already been requested and executed in the FMC. I will never request the winds again during the remainder of the flight. To do so would bring ASN winds into the FMC. I only want PFPX winds in the FMC. ASN will provide the weather I fly thru and that's all.

The Descent Forecast can be loaded from PFPX after the route winds have been requested and executed or they can be manually entered when close to T/D by using AWC-ADDS.

I don't like starting ASN in the middle of preflight. I think I have a solution by exporting PFPX again after the FP is entered into ASN. This would overwrite the ASN WX files in PMDG/WX but I need to verify this by doing several flights.

Why do you not use ASN for the weather in PFPX during flight planning? That way what you fly through is also the same as what you use to plan with.

Eric 

Why do you not use ASN for the weather in PFPX during flight planning? That way what you fly through is also the same as what you use to plan with.

That's why I mentioned I don't like starting ASN in the middle of prefight. I am messing around with the sequence of starting programs right now. I will let you know if I come up with anything.