Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

INVALID FORCAST UPLINK

Why do you not use ASN for the weather in PFPX during flight planning? That way what you fly through is also the same as what you use to plan with.

I think this might work now. Start ASN. Start PFPX. Do planning using PFPX and export three files. Load FP into ASN. Send ASN to taskbar. Export three files again from PFPX. The PMDG/WX contains PFPX forecast at first. Then when the FP is loaded into ASN, PMDG/WX contains ASN winds. When PFPX is exported again PMDG/WX contain PFPX winds.

The 777 FMC is only going to look at PMDG/WX for wind data. This procedure should make certain that when it looks for data it finds PFPX.

This is what I was doing prior to SP1.

Have you heard anything from HiFi about ASN not updating?

Yes, they told me to update my fsuipc (apparently I am one version behind) and see how that goes. I don't think the person who is working on the ticket quite grasps the issue at hand. When back home at my computer I will need to direct him to these threads.

Eric 

I think this might work now. Start ASN. Start PFPX. Do planning using PFPX and export three files. Load FP into ASN. Send ASN to taskbar. Export three files again from PFPX. The PMDG/WX contains PFPX forecast at first. Then when the FP is loaded into ASN, PMDG/WX contains ASN winds. When PFPX is exported again PMDG/WX contain PFPX winds.

The 777 FMC is only going to look at PMDG/WX for wind data. This procedure should make certain that when it looks for data it finds PFPX.

This is what I was doing prior to SP1.

Have you heard anything from HiFi about ASN not updating?

This is how I do my planning. Start asn and minimize it. Start pfpx and do my planning. Export one route in pmdg format.

No wx file is exported because that will get created once the fp is loaded into asn.

Start fsx request route in fmc and let it do its thing. Once fp is loaded and activated, an fsx fp gets created based on the option in the fmc to create fp and load it into asn. Asn sees this and immediately loads it up and instantly create a wx file based on current weather. Pfpx wx data is forecasted for the future unless you change the time during planning.

Now every time you request wind data a request is sent to asn and the wx file is updated with new data. So as you can see there is no need to export a wx file from pfpx because that data is static and it will just get over written with new data from asn when you make a request.

Before the sp the wx was locked and you couldn't update it with fresh data. This was one of the features users requested to unlock the file

This is how I do my planning. Start asn and minimize it. Start pfpx and do my planning. Export one route in pmdg format.

No wx file is exported because that will get created once the fp is loaded into asn.

Start fsx request route in fmc and let it do its thing. Once fp is loaded and activated, an fsx fp gets created based on the option in the fmc to create fp and load it into asn. Asn sees this and immediately loads it up and instantly create a wx file based on current weather. Pfpx wx data is forecasted for the future unless you change the time during planning.

Now every time you request wind data a request is sent to asn and the wx file is updated with new data. So as you can see there is no need to export a wx file from pfpx because that data is static and it will just get over written with new data from asn when you make a request.

Before the sp the wx was locked and you couldn't update it with fresh data. This was one of the features users requested to unlock the file

This is how I do it as well. Easiest way to do it in my oppinon.

I would like to know from you if you get an updated ATIS on your destination as your flight progresses? Also is the clouds/weather in general changing every time you request new wind data? People are having issues doing as you descibed above with the destination ATIS never updating and weather changing all around the aircraft when you request new wind data. Damian and team from HiFi are actively trying to solve the issue.

Eric 

I am doing the same procedure, so I will answere some of this questions, as I did some testing.

I would like to know from you if you get an updated ATIS on your destination as your flight progresses?

I tried to confirm this on several flights, as I was doing my own tests after reading this thread. I came to no valid conclusion yet though.

I just made some observations:

- The update of the weather report for a given destination (in ASN and the ATIS) lags behind at least 10 minutes since the actual release of the given METAR (When the METAR is from say 1350, ASN wouldn't update (not even manually, by clicking "Edit Wx" and then going to live weather mode again, which does at least force a download of weatherdata) before at least 1400, sometimes even taking another 5 to 10 minutes longer.

- I have seen the destination weather change (listening to subsequent ATIS reports during a flight) without me touching ASN. However, on some other flights, the ATIS reports stayed the same. I will do some more testing on that.

- If the destination weather changed automatically it would be at least 10 to 15 minutes after than the METAR was released (see point 1).

Also is the clouds/weather in general changing every time you request new wind data?

Yes, they do that for me.

Just a small observation on the flight I am currently doing. About 20 minutes into the flight, I still recive a 50 minute old ATIS via the radio (basically the one I got when I fired up ASN), however the DES FORECAST has been updated and the winds changed considerably since pre-flight.

Just a small observation on the flight I am currently doing. About 20 minutes into the flight, I still recive a 50 minute old ATIS via the radio (basically the one I got when I fired up ASN), however the DES FORECAST has been updated and the winds changed considerably since pre-flight.

Keep us filled in on how your flight goes. I realize that there is going be a delay between a new METAR and it being on 122.025. It has to work its way through the system. On a KMEM-OMDB flight I received the OMDB METAR for 0300Z and then nothing until 1100Z even though during that time period I requested 5 updates. The winds aloft changed just no change in the METAR on 122.025.

Keep us filled in on how your flight goes. I realize that there is going be a delay between a new METAR and it being on 122.025. It has to work its way through the system. On a KMEM-OMDB flight I received the OMDB METAR for 0300Z and then nothing until 1100Z even though during that time period I requested 5 updates. The winds aloft changed just no change in the METAR on 122.025

Unfortunatly it was just a short flight, so the time I could do testing was rather limted. However, even after 1:05 the METAR on 122.025 didn't change. It was still reporting 12:20 though it was 13:25 allready. I did then manually force it to update, and it would switch to 13:20 instantly.

Seems to me, when in the active mode it would not update the destination wheater ATIS nor the "Conditions" page in ASN (set to destination airport). However, wind date for the high altitude winds (not part of the METAR report, can and do change during the flight on a regular basis. Which can be seen when requesting the cruise/descend forecast/snapshot.

Hi guys, just saying that this has gone a little off topic from the FMC, could we migrate the winds updating to a new thread? 

Cheers (with apologies)

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Alex, I think the issues are one and the same. Request of updated winds via the FMC is part of the process that makes this issue arise. Somewhere in the process ASN is failing. When you request new wind aloft data I don't think it should change all the wind around you. Also having the FMC create and load a fsx plan and then having ASN automatically grab and load up that plan is somehow causing either the ATIS itself break or the ATIS and the weather as a whole not work correctly. This issue has manifested itself since the release of the 777 SP. I am no saying that the 777 is the cause but I think it shed light on a bug in ASN that has always been there.

Eric 

Alex, I think the issues are one and the same. Request of updated winds via the FMC is part of the process that makes this issue arise. Somewhere in the process ASN is failing. When you request new wind aloft data I don't think it should change all the wind around you. Also having the FMC create and load a fsx plan and then having ASN automatically grab and load up that plan is somehow causing either the ATIS itself break or the ATIS and the weather as a whole not work correctly. This issue has manifested itself since the release of the 777 SP. I am no saying that the 777 is the cause but I think it shed light on a bug in ASN that has always been there.

Hmm ok, it will be interesting to see what both parties come out with, PMDG have been quite absent from this thread but we shall wait patiently 

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

In one of the myraid threads here on it Word Not Allowed from HiFi mentioned they are working on it. Don't think this is a pmdg issue. This just happens to be the place we are discussing it. There is a thread at the HiFi technical forum that is talking about it as well.

Eric 

This is how I do it as well. Easiest way to do it in my oppinon.

thanks for the video.

the issue with mine is when the "dec forcast uplink read" appears after loading the wind, it says invalid forcast uplink.

If i go to asn, the plan isnt there. If i go to load plan, it loads it and i can then enter the decent forcast.

any reason why i`m having to do it manually and asn doesnt automatically do it? the automatically load option is ticked?

thanks

ollie

Why use this rather arcane process at all?  Load your flight plan into ASN, then fire up FSX and load up the 777 of your choice.  Set up the FMC with your flight plan and initialization data and request winds - then you're going to get a 'descent forecast available', so load that up and you're done.

DJ