Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

INVALID FORCAST UPLINK

Hi,

I also have problem with this… but I discovered that PMDG doesn’t generate WX.PLN file and ASN has nothing to load and generate weather file for PMDG.

Why PMDG does not generate WX.PLN? “CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX” option is set properly.

Lucas

Why PMDG does not generate WX.PLN? “CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX” option is set properly.

Wrong option, you need to look for the option that reads something like "P3D PLN FILE FOR WX" depending on your platform. Please review page 96 in your Introduction.

After thought: Make sure you run as admin.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hmm, ok, but on 7/7 page SIMULATION options I have 3 possibilities:

- DONT CREATE FILE

- CREATE FILE (WX.PLN)

- CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX

The last one is currently set.

EDIT

Ok, I found one more thing. I don't know why, but I have two folders with simulator files:

C:\Users\Lucas\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files

C:\Users\Lucas\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

WX.PLN is created in the first one... ASN probably seek WX.PLN in the second one.

Why there are two folders when I have ONLY FSX:SE?

Have you enabled ASN to "Auto load simulator flight plan" ?

Of course.

As i mentioned, WX.PLN is generated by PMDG but in folder "C:\Users\...\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files", but ASN load plan from "C:\Users\...\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files".

Couple of weeks ago everything worked fine...it happened suddenly. I have only FSX:SE and I don't know what for "C:\Users\...\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files" folder exist.

Of course.

As i mentioned, WX.PLN is generated by PMDG but in folder "C:\Users\...\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files", but ASN load plan from "C:\Users\...\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files".

Couple of weeks ago everything worked fine...it happened suddenly. I have only FSX:SE and I don't know what for "C:\Users\...\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files" folder exist.

I only have P3D. But you can check registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HIFI\   

My key is "P3DMyDocsPath" So I guess yours is "FSXMyDocsPath" or something ? 

You could change that to C:\Users\Lucas\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files   if it is pointing to C:\Users\Lucas\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files  

I have no idea if this solve anything. just a test.

Make a backup of the registry before you are doing changes to it. And if your not comfortable with it, i dont recommend doing any changes to the registry :)

Tom Stian Bjerk

I would rather to not modify registry...maybe I can simply delete one of these folder?

I would check out what folder Active Sky Next is using before deleting anything.

If you dont wanna open the registry to check it, you can export logs from Active Sky Next.

Go to Tools and Export Logs. Open the ASN_Log_Export.txt and check at the end of the file.

You should have FSXMyDocsPath pointing to something.

Tom Stian Bjerk

So, this thing is very weird...

Log from ASN says that FSXMyDocPath is "...\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files".

PMDG 777 generates WX.PLN file into the same folder (so why ASN doesn't see it?)

But when I save any flight, saved file is created in "...\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files".

Anyone had similiar issues? (I remind that I have installed only SE).