Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

INVALID FORCAST UPLINK

As someone mentioned earlier dont export the wx file and delete any previously exportes wx files in the folder.

Let the fmc create a file itself ( which the fmc option says) and that will solve it

As someone mentioned earlier dont export the wx file and delete any previously exportes wx files in the folder.

Let the fmc create a file itself ( which the fmc option says) and that will solve it

But step 3 clearly says that this must be done, I am very confused. 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

What is the other option (the default one) on that page 7/7 for then? FSX PLN FOR WXR?options

Guess PFPX only needs to convert to rte now

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I had the same prob - went to WX folder and found wx files from previous flts - exported from PFPX ( flying EGCC -LOWS) .

Erased ALL files went in FMC to upload weather and worked OK as previous replies to this topic

Could be FMC looked in folder and found the wx file from the same flt I flew in morning.

Now stopped PFPX exporting to PMDG .

I left the WX folder open on my desktop to see what happened after erasing all and when the request went through a wx file appeared in the empty folder from ASN.

All the best

Denis B

But step 3 clearly says that this must be done, I am very confused. 

Dude just export the route from PFPX and not the wx file. Let ASN create the wx file

Had the same problem with the descent forecast link.

Go back into ASN and reload your FSX flightplan. Now try again in the FMC. For me it solved the issue.

JON GREEN

How do you load the descent forecast data uplink into the FMC? What page?

John Callum   Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Win 10, X-Plane 11.50, FS2020, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek panels, HP Reverb G2

How do you load the descent forecast data uplink into the FMC? What page?

A little off topic mate, but it's progress page, descent>> forcast.

Any update with things? I am still getting the exact same issue

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Just an FYI, I don't load my flightplan into ASN, and the FMC grabs the winds just fine. I to am having troubles with the descent forecast, but I just put them in manually, no biggy.

SOLVED:

Introduction manual page 163-165

-

In short

STEP 1 :

on ASN this option must be checked

455.jpg

-

STEP 2 :

In Your 777 FMC

Go to PMDG Setup > Simulations >Option

Browse to NXT PAGE .. I believe on Page 7 there is an option

FSX PLN FILE FOR WXR :  Which should be set to  > CREATE FILE AND LOAD TO FSX

Capture2.jpg

Cheers

This solved the problem for me. Thanks.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

Just an FYI, I don't load my flightplan into ASN, and the FMC grabs the winds just fine. I to am having troubles with the descent forecast, but I just put them in manually, no biggy.

If you don't load a flight plan into ASN then no WX file is created.

If the 777 finds no WX file it will get weather forecasts directly from FSX.

Since weather add-ons like ASN set the FSX weather only in an area 50-100 NM around the aircraft position and clear the FSX weather in the remaining world you will get wind forecasts only for a few waypoints ahead of you and in most cases you will not be able to get any descent forecasts if the destination airport is outside this range.

So, what you are getting is partial weather data for a limited area around your current position.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

SOLVED:

Introduction manual page 163-165

-

In short

STEP 1 :

on ASN this option must be checked

455.jpg

-

STEP 2 :

In Your 777 FMC

Go to PMDG Setup > Simulations >Option

Browse to NXT PAGE .. I believe on Page 7 there is an option

FSX PLN FILE FOR WXR :  Which should be set to  > CREATE FILE AND LOAD TO FSX

Capture2.jpg

Cheers

I have done exactly like you posted. However the issue I am seeing is that during the flight ASN will not update with the current real live weather or if it is updating the current weather it for sure is not updating the ATIS. On a flight yesterday lasting seven hours as I approached the descent point I went to 122.02 to listen to the weather and it was some five or six hours old. It was saying 1445z and it was 2100z. 1445z is when I started the flight and initially sent for the wind via the fmc by having the "create file and load to fsx" selected and the option ticked in ASN. So I pulled up ASN and went to the current conditions screen. It too way way off with the time it was displaying and the weather conditions. But at the bottom of the ASN UI it did show the correct current Zulu time. So what I think happened is ASN loaded up the weather correctly at Dubai at the beginning of the flight. When I requested the winds via the FMC that triggered a fsx flighplan format to be sent to ASN. This in turn allowed ASN to send back the winds to the FMC. But somehow at that point ASN was no longer keeping up with the real time weather as the flight progressed. Somehow the weather for the whole flight based on the fsx plan fed to it at the beginning that allowed the winds to be forecast in the FMC got locked into the sim. Only upon me manually going into ASN, then bringing up the current condtions tab and hitting that refresh button did the ATIS update from 1445z to 2020z. But an hour later it was now stuck on that 2020z time. Now this all happened even though I have live weather selected to update every 10 minutes.

None of the above happens if I forgo sending the plan to ASN and instead manually build the route in ASN and just let it run. Then it works like it is supposed to. Any ideas? Think ASN is the issue.

Eric 

If you don't load a flight plan into ASN then no WX file is created.

If the 777 finds no WX file it will get weather forecasts directly from FSX.

Since weather add-ons like ASN set the FSX weather only in an area 50-100 NM around the aircraft position and clear the FSX weather in the remaining world you will get wind forecasts only for a few waypoints ahead of you and in most cases you will not be able to get any descent forecasts if the destination airport is outside this range.

So, what you are getting is partial weather data for a limited area around your current position.

Well thank you sir, that makes complete sense. I appreciate it!

I used the earlier descriped version.

I enter the flightplan manually into the FMC. It then creates a .pln which ASN will pick up and for which it will create an .wx file. This can then be importet for cruise and descent forecast.

However the issue I am seeing is that during the flight ASN will not update with the current real live weather or if it is updating the current weather it for sure is not updating the ATIS.

Sorry . Change the setting in your FMC to "CREATE WX FILE" and not "Create WX file and load to FSX"

I think on the later option, FMC Assumes that you are using default FSX weather (which is static unless you have checked live weather mode in FSX as well) and loads in WX from FSX which remains the same throughout.

If you use "CREATE WX FILE' only it will take the weather from the active weather enginer which would be ASN.

Check if this solve your problem