Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Default keyboard commands stop working with PMDG 737 loaded

Hi.

Can anyone say why, when I load a PMDG 737 a/c, most of my FS9 keyboard commands don't work? 'P' no longer pauses or unpauses the sim, 'S' no longer scrolls through the views and so on -  the sim is to all intents and purposes locked up. If I load a different plane, FS9 or 3rd. party (eg. a PSS Airbus), the keyboard works as normal. Try the 737 again, and the problem returns.

Help appreciated. Thanks,

Martin

The key commands (from the FS9 menu) look fine - but they are all for MCP etc., there's nothing there about pause or scroll views of course. No clashes between what's in the PMDG keyboard shortcuts and the FS9 assignments, as far as  I can see.

Thanks,

Martin

BUMP

This is now happening to me. First time. 

I started a flight, everything worked fine taxied to the runway and had to cancel for mechanical. Taxi back to gate. Selected a "new" aircraft. PMDG 737-8. All keyboard command still work fine. Push and start taxi. Now all of a sudden, no keyboard commands are working. NONE. However when I open the FMC i can type in it. Open a notepad, i can type in it. This plane is out of the blue not taking keyboard commands anymore. The FMC "type" function is not on.

HELP

BUMP

This is now happening to me. First time. 

I started a flight, everything worked fine taxied to the runway and had to cancel for mechanical. Taxi back to gate. Selected a "new" aircraft. PMDG 737-8. All keyboard command still work fine. Push and start taxi. Now all of a sudden, no keyboard commands are working. NONE. However when I open the FMC i can type in it. Open a notepad, i can type in it. This plane is out of the blue not taking keyboard commands anymore. The FMC "type" function is not on.

HELP

I still have this on my laptop here in Sri Lanka - I tried reinstalling the PMDG 737s from the disc when I was back in the UK, but now the problem is there again. None of the keyboard commands work. What is the problem?

I am submitting a ticket direct to PMDG...

hello.i am charlie and i am just having the same problem as yours regarding the default keyboard command with PMDG 737. did you fix the problem? can you help me with please? thank you so much

Typically that type of behavior indicates you have activated the Keyboard Entry mode in the FMC.  Unfortunately I haven't had the 737 for FS9 installed in many years now so I can't remember exactly how that was activated but I know it was covered in the manuals for the product under the FMC Section.   I believe it was a clickspot where the FMC MSG indicator on the FMC CDU is.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg