Sign in to follow this  
fsxvhhx

PREF INIT UPLINK + FSGRW=Crash

Just bought the 77w this morningb and after a day of work I finaaly have time to fly this big bord. However when I started FSGRW and transfered the weather into FSX. then run the data uplink. the route1 uplink is fine, I could also load the pref uplink, however, when it ask me wether to accept or not and I press accept. FSX crashes. Tried without FSGRW and everything's fine. Anyone got the same problem?

Flow to crash

-ezdok config

-shade start

-load flight as default

-download weather from FSGRW

-run vpilot

-wait for the panel init to finish

-transfer weather to FSX

-data uplink

-route1 loaded

-pref init info loaded

-ask to accept or not

-select accept

-crash

note that I have turned off different addons while multiple testings and found that only when I run FSGRW FSX crashes.

Cheers

I have also FSGWR and I got the FSX crash at wind data request:

Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.61472.0
Application Timestamp: 475e17d3
Fault Module Name: PMDG_777X.DLL
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 53c82640
Exception Offset: 002484ea
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

Valentin & Adam:

Once you load a flight plan into FSGRW a file named XXXXYYYY.WXR should be created in the [FSX]/PMDG/WX folder, where XXXX & YYYY are the ICAO codes of the origin and destination airports.

Please contact PMDG support and attach this file to the ticket. Describe the problem and mention that I asked you to attach the file.

Calvin:

Are you sure the crash happens when you try to accept the PERF INIT uplink, and not when accepting the winds data uplink? If so can you please post a screenshot of the PERF INIT page just before you press ACCEPT?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Valentin & Adam:

Once you load a flight plan into FSGRW a file named XXXXYYYY.WXR should be created in the [FSX]/PMDG/WX folder, where XXXX & YYYY are the ICAO codes of the origin and destination airports.

Please contact PMDG support and attach this file to the ticket. Describe the problem and mention that I asked you to attach the file.

Calvin:

Are you sure the crash happens when you try to accept the PERF INIT uplink, and not when accepting the winds data uplink? If so can you please post a screenshot of the PERF INIT page just before you press ACCEPT?

Here is a low quality video of me trying to pref uplink, potato internet speeds..

Affirm thats it's PREF uplink. Thee second that the video stops is when fax crashes.

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem but instead of using FSGRW, I'm using Active Sky 2012. I crash at the same exact location as the above video, at the PREF uplink when I click accept. If I close out Active Sky 2012 and run FSX by itself, I don't get the crash. Hopefully this might help locate the issue.

Thanks!

-Jordan

EDIT: I forgot to mention the addon's I'm running. 

FSX Gold SP2

PMDG 777-300

Active Sky 2012

UTX-North America

GSX

PC Specs: i5 3570K (OC'd to 4.1ghz)

12GB DDR3 RAM

Nvidia GTX 680

Same problem here, to avoid CTDs i load FSGRW after route/perf uplink.

I did the same! though I wish they'd fix it asap. quite annoying actually

The .pln that the T7 FMC outputs  (wx.pln) is in a slightly different format:  'The departure is listed as a waypoint in the plan but the destination isn't'

Hence some 3rd party programs will not read this file.  OPUS and Instant  Flight (IF)  have made changes to their programs to except this file  type.

I'm not sure if this a 'bug'  or just how it is from PMDG, perhaps someone else more in the know can chime in

Pilot2ATC are also aware and have it on their 'to do' list

Hope this helps

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

The .pln that the T7 FMC outputs  (wx.pln) is in a slightly different format:  'The departure is listed as a waypoint in the plan but the destination isn't'

Hence some 3rd party programs will not read this file.  OPUS and Instant  Flight (IF)  have made changes to their programs to except this file  type.

I'm not sure if this a 'bug'  or just how it is from PMDG, perhaps someone else more in the know can chime in

Pilot2ATC are also aware and have it on their 'to do' list

Hope this helps

Clive,

This is not the cause.

I can't recall now if there is a reason for omitting the destination airport in the PLN file. I'll look into it and if there was no particular reason we will add it in the next update.

Looking at it. Will let you know when we have news.

Found and fixed.

Had to do with length of METAR forecasts that FSGRW and other addons are injecting in FSX. When these are unusually long you may get CTDs when using a weather addon that does not create a WX file and therefore the 777 will have to grab forecasts directly from FSX METARs. Can happen after accepting PERF INIT when the automatic preflight uplink option is set, or when requesting wind data, descent forecasts and alternate wx (especially with alternate wx requests it may happen even if you are using ASN).

Will have this fully fixed in the next update.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

BTW, while troubleshooting this with an evaluation version of FSGRW I noticed that FSGRW has an option to create a .WX file for the PMDG 777. However, the format of this file is incorrect and loading the data will result in an INVALID UPLINK message.

If any FSGRW user wants to pass this to their forum, the problem is that the 777 requires 10 wind/speed/altitude fileds at predefined altitudes placed in two lines of 5 entries each. The FSGRW creates 11 entries instead placed in two lines of 6 and 5 entries. This is not accepted by the 777. 

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg