Sign in to follow this  
nicksort

Is this the new format of AVSIM

Is this the new format of AVSIM to NOT include the latest posts made section at the top of the page and our current last posts made section on the left side?

I am confused, did they disappear or where they removed?

Nick Sciortino

I'm hoping it will come back eventually. Apparently the forum is on "performance mode" because of PMDG's 777 update was release.

I'm hoping it will come back eventually. Apparently the forum is on "performance mode" because of PMDG's 777 update was release.

What does that mean?

Nick Sciortino

It means that forums have been streamlined until the initial enthusiasm runs its course - otherwise it's 503 sorry about that time.

DJ

I don't understand why these forums can't handle the traffic, we are not talking about that many people online....maybe 1000 max.  Facebook has tens of millions online at one time and yes I understand they are a huge multibillion dollar company but you would think it would not be a big deal to for Avsim to easily handle a few thousand connections at one time.  I am not a computer expert so perhaps Tom can help explain.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Mark I think these things are far more expensive then we know.

Rick.

If you double click on "Forums" on top of page you'll get a list of the forums and what should be posted on each

rob