Sign in to follow this  
mrvoyager

300ER Bad Cat 3 Autolands

Everything good so far except the autolands. I like to mostly do them manual but I wanted to check on this and they are pretty bad, the vs for them are never lower than -400, what could I be doing wrong? All indicators seem normal, autobrakes are engaged and speedbrakes armed.

Autolands are designed to be firm. The system is unable to tell if the runway is wet or dry, it does not attempt to grease the landing.

Rob Prest

Make sure you are not landing it "overweight". Every plane has a recommended weight at landing, the 777 is no different. Be sure to load enough fuel but never too much to be within specs for landing. Hope this helps.

Just tried an autoland, too. I must say the flare is really short and the touchdown pretty hard.

The 200LR did it better / smoother.

I just did a CATIII at KDEN (300ER) and it was quite smooth. There would definitely be no complaints from the passengers. I watched it from the external view and the gear glided onto the runway  ^_^ GREASER! 

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

I've executed six autolands since yesterday at different airports (SCEL, SBGR, SAEZ, KMIA, KLAX, and KDEN), and they've all been smooth and on the money with the 300. There are three tricks:

1. Do not land overweight.

2. Keep your landing speed at no less than 155kts.

3. Shes tough to slow down so start your slowdown early during downwind.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I just did a CATIII at KDEN (300ER) and it was quite smooth. There would definitely be no complaints from the passengers. I watched it from the external view and the gear glided onto the runway  ^_^ GREASER! 

What are your vs touchdown speed? Mines are always about -400

I've executed six autolands since yesterday at different airports (SCEL, SBGR, SAEZ, KMIA, KLAX, and KDEN), and they've all been smooth and on the money with the 300. There are three tricks:

1. Do not land overweight.

2. Keep your landing speed at no less than 155kts.

3. Shes tough to slow down so start your slowdown early during downwind.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

Same question as before, what are your average vs touchdown speeds?

If you are getting higher speed at landing all you need to do it

Override the system and REDUCE THE SPEED FROM THE SPEED KNOB. (that is what they do in real life as well)

I was approaching at 300 knts despite having my brakes armed , and couldn't figure out what to do until the last moment when I realized the speed knob is set at 300 as well.

If you are getting higher speed at landing all you need to do it

Override the system and REDUCE THE SPEED FROM THE SPEED KNOB. (that is what they do in real life as well)

I was approaching at 300 knts despite having my brakes armed , and couldn't figure out what to do until the last moment when I realized the speed knob is set at 300 as well.

Please warn us if you ever fly a plane that we're passengers on... I'll be sure to get off and catch the next plane out :BigGrin:

Warn how ?

"Ladies and Gentlemen the pilot flying knows how to takeoff but not how to land.

Yours truly"

On a side note, make sure you have your details in correctly on the "PERF INIT" page.  Otherwise you'll make the FMC think the plane is heaver or lighter than it really is.  I've landed many times with the 300 many of the TD's were between 200-400 range which are pretty standard.  I haven't gotten anything above 400.

And obviously I exagerrated. It wasnt 300 but it was far above the normal.landing speed like 160-170 knts

Warn how ?

"Ladies and Gentlemen the pilot flying knows how to takeoff but not how to land.

Yours truly"

Yup, that'll do it :-) I wonder how many passengers remain on the A/C after that...