Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

777-300ER: Aircraft stops responding in mid flight (descent in my case...)

Hello everyone,

after I purchased and installed the 777-300 expansion, my first 9 hour test flight was messed up during descent. I never experienced this hard-to-describe issue before:

-the PFD and EFIS froze, according to the shift-Z line of the sim I continued my descent as set before

-FSX was working normally, coulds were moving outside and as mentioned the fsx data shown was still correct.

-but the airplane was out of control, none of the buttons I tried to press worked, disengaging the AP and AT did not cause any reaction, the yoke and throttles were frozen as well.

-EFIS showed "FMC message" which probably was the usual "END OF ROUTE" because I didnt fully connect the last leg. My suspicion is that the PMDG related control systems all froze because there is some error when reaching the end of a programmed FMC route.....

-PMDG related sounds (wind, engines) were still playing when hitting "Q", FSX stuff was muted then.

anyways I had to quit the sim to prevent a crash, good thing this was just a sim. ;)

A friend of mine had the same issue and unfortunately, his flight ended in tragedy as it spun out of control shortly after losing the systems. 
The symptoms you describe are very similar to this situation. 

PMDG seems to be aware of the issue, so I hope they can figure it out  ^_^

Henk de Vries

Yep. Same to me. I was trying to fly around the airfield.. so I had no route. Which probably ended in message End of Route... so I crashed 2.5nm from the runway treshold. Same thing happened. All systems froze and aicraft was totally unresponsive.

Jan Podlipsky

On my inaugural flight from Vienna to Dubai last night the same thing happened to me.

I never had the freezes before (with the 772 prior to SP1) though I read about some folks having them.

Anyway last night it did happen. FSX was not responding for abour 10-20 minutes (I forgot to check the clock).

I couldn't even drop it to desktop with the WIndows key or switch to windowed with Alt+Enter. Just completely non-responsive.

However I waited patiently and suddenly it unlocked itself. Fortunately though, AP did not disconnect (!) and I managed to continue the flight.

If that matters, I was at that time using time compression of 4 (used it part of the flight as it was becoming really late).

I was at FL370 on airway UP975 between waypoints SIDNA and TUBEN (Iraq) with real weather (ASN) and in the daytime.

My exact flightplan: ADAMA Z648 VEDER L140 ALAMU UL140 EPARI UM748 TEGRI UL605 NEKUL UM859 RONBU M859 ODERO UP975 SIDAD R784 PEBAT B416 DESDI

I am using registered FSUIPC (no AutoSave active) and my TrackIR 5 software in the background. Performance was generally very good.

Other add-ons I have installed are Ultimate Terrain, FTX Global, FSDT GSX and REX textures (but with low resolution for better performance).

My traffic is a mixture of WOAI and a lot of stuff compiled by myself. All currently displaying at 50%.

I am on Windows 7 64-bit and have the 332.21 driver installed for my GTX 560 Ti card (using latest Nvidia Inspector for settings).

I wasn't touching anything at the moment (busy with tweaking my wife's laptop).

I just noticed something was wrong.

@ robert

seems to be a different issue though, because in my case FSX kept running. Only the plane froze with all controls and gauges.

Add me to the list: PFD/MFD/hydraulics, everything went numb and the aircraft plummeted nose first...good thing I had crash OFF and so, bounced back into the air! It was funny...but I have no idea what could have triggered that total loss of everything.

However, I did just complete, successfully, a 1.7 hour flight. 

thanks, 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

seems to be a different issue though, because in my case FSX kept running

Yes. I just read in another thead (there are so many of them now, hard to keep track of everything) cpt Randazzo's statement on two issues being currently spied.

And, as I understrand, we both described the other ones. Sorry if it made a little confusion. These issues seem related though not the same.

Luckily to yours, cpt Randazzo mentioned it seems to have been fixed (AFAIR). I hope the complete freeze will too. :smile:

Now I will only make this point to compare two products and what I have experienced with the other product...  Flight Factor (aka) Ramzzess 777 has an option in the menu to have Custom Failures / Real limits turned on or off.  The custom failure option will cause the plane to freeze up just as you describe  here like the pilot either froze or died during flight.  It might not be the same thing but sure sounds alot like that is what is happening here

Cheers

I have had the same issue on every -300 or -200 flight since installing SP1. The simulator continues but the aircraft is unresponsive...always during descent.

The same thing happens to me.  During descent everything freezes up.  I never had this problem before installing the -300 or service pack.  I hate to say it, and although I love flying the -300,  I think there's a definite bug with either the service pack or the -300 package.

Charles Burr

Guess I have to join the crowd on this one unfortunately.  Had the 300 stop resonding to presses on FLCH and LOC on two different approaches but was able to get out of AP and still had control so thankfully no crash landings!!

Maybe go back to NGX while PMDG figures it all out.

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Same for me ! its really sad wasting time and effort and this happens BUT thats the life! back too 737 untill PMDG has fixed it!

The same thing happens to me.  During descent everything freezes up.  I never had this problem before installing the -300 or service pack.  I hate to say it, and although I love flying the -300,  I think there's a definite bug with either the service pack or the -300 package.

Charles Burr

I just wanted to follow up on this post.  I think I've resolved the stutter issue with making some recommended changes through Nvidia Inspector that I got from an FSX forum.  So far I'm really impressed with the 777-300 and SP1.  So, maybe I'll need to eat my words on what I posted previously; one thing is certain though, PMDG does put my humble system to its limits.

I do have one issue though that I haven't seen before.  The PFD and ND displays will lock up-- not FSX or PMDG, just the displays don't update.  Sometimes moving to another view and then back resolves the issue.  I'm not sure, but that could be an EZDOC issue.

Charles Burr

I also have a problem, the plane stops responding, there is information on how to fix or wait for an update?