Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Payware scenery for South Florida

Guest bobsk8

Is there any good payware scenery for the South Florida area? I wiant to get something more than just one airport, for VFR flying.

If you look here in the library for the author Toni Hiltunen he made quite a few sceneries of different Florida cities. Also look for "FREEflow Florida Keys water scenery v0.5" by Scott Gridley.The only payware stuff I know of is airports,FlyTampa: TampaFlyTampa: MiamiFSB: Key West

Bob Brown and I did a landclass for the State of Florida. It's here at Avsim. Search for Bob brown or Joe Watson. There are 2 versions of this. One was for FS2002, V 2 was for FS9. At the moment we are all working together, Scott, Bob and I on a new Florida. Scott is doing his magic in the coast lines and Bob and I are correcting the landclass. There will also be several of Toni's cities included, Lakeland, St Pete, Miami.This is a joint effert of ours to make the State of Florida more real.Joe W.

Guest rbrown3rd

>Bob Brown and I did a landclass for the State of Florida.>It's here at Avsim. Search for Bob brown or Joe Watson. There>are 2 versions of this. One was for FS2002, V 2 was for FS9.>At the moment we are all working together, Scott, Bob and I on>a new Florida. Scott is doing his magic in the coast lines and>Bob and I are correcting the landclass. There will also be>several of Toni's cities included, Lakeland, St Pete, Miami.>This is a joint effert of ours to make the State of Florida>more real.>Joe W.Here is a small shot of Key West looking east. Accurate shorelines, realistic waterclass, cruise ship in the harbor, boats anchored at the correct locations, the Old Key West Light house moved to its correct location on Whitehead Street, (I think that was the right address), looking much better than the default. It is getting there and the collaboration from all interested Florida scenery builders is going to produce a nice freeware product that people will enjoy. We will also provide a "developers kit" so that others can add as much detail as they want. An area that I am particularly proud of is the rendering of the Everglades and all of the major canals of the South Florida Water Management District. The major tree islands are included as well as an accurate rendering of airboat trails in the Everglades. Anyone want to build a hunting camp on one of the Everglades Tree Islands? Well, you can do so to your hearts content after this release. We think everyone is really going to enjoy this new "Freeflow Florida" and Scott Gridley deserves much credit for being the driving force in bringing all of this together. Credit too to Joe Watson, Toni Hiltunen, Dexter Thomas, and Dale Carusoe for their efforts in quality checking and reviewing the scenery. I also forgot to mention that the Port of Miami will be fixed at last. The product seems to work nicely with American Data Roads and USA Roads which give a nice level of realism to the scenery.Whoa, I may have already revealed too much so I will stop there. Stay tuned for the first release of this much improved, total rendering of the State of Florida.Bob

Guest bobsk8

>Bob Brown and I did a landclass for the State of Florida.>It's here at Avsim. Search for Bob brown or Joe Watson. There>are 2 versions of this. One was for FS2002, V 2 was for FS9.>At the moment we are all working together, Scott, Bob and I on>a new Florida. Scott is doing his magic in the coast lines and>Bob and I are correcting the landclass. There will also be>several of Toni's cities included, Lakeland, St Pete, Miami.>This is a joint effert of ours to make the State of Florida>more real.>Joe W.Very Nice!!! I just downloaded it an installed the scenery and flew my Scout around the FLL area where I soloed and got my Private ticket years ago. I felt like I was back there again.. Nice job!!

Keep in mind, that v0.5 beta version of the keys is such a small piece of the whole package we're putting together, and was made in just 24hrs...Much has changed! Keep an eye open for the full version.Best,sgPS> I noticed that the link above to the "Palm Beach to Pompano Beach" is the wrong one...here is the correct link - sorry!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest ponyboy

That's some great work guys. Makes me WANT to get back to Florida to explore. Will it work with USA Roads? Issue was the allignment of the all bridges?thx

>That's some great work guys. Makes me WANT to get back to>Florida to explore. Will it work with USA Roads? Issue was>the allignment of the all bridges?>>thxIt works great with USAroads! That last link (to the other site) has a couple of shots with usa roads...Regarding bridges - what we can't move and position correctly, we've excluded, so at least it's not sitting out in open water...You'll be happy with what we've got, I think :). Also, we intend it to be a good canvas for other's to improve the area with details...so if you're not happy with what we've got, maybe someone else will be able to fix it!Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest bobsk8

I notice that quite a few Florida sceneries call for Garish Grays Tree textures to be installed, for the scenery to work correctly. I also notice that there seem to be different versions of the Tree textures and none of them state that they work in FS2004. Can anyone recommend a version to use with FS9 and the file name?

Trees_v3.zip - click *HERE*Follow the instructions on how to install VERY CAREFULLY!Best,sg

Guest bobsk8

>Trees_v3.zip - click>*HERE*>>Follow the instructions on how to install VERY CAREFULLY!>>Best,>sgI can see what you mean. This is not for the faint of heart.

Guest ponyboy

The way I see it this is Misty Fjords for the "Margaritaville" crowd!Now if only Fly Tampa would do Key West airport. Yes, I know there is already a payware out there but think what Fly Tampa could do.Also thought I had some great looking water but I'm gonna have to try out your version from your photo thread I saw... sweeet. Looking forward to the release but don't rush it.... perfection takes time. ;)

Guest VApilot2004

I have FS9 and Gerrish's trees for 2002 and this file:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=19575 works ok for me. Says it's for 2002, but I think most scenery is interchangeable between fs2002/2004 :)