Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

19JUL14 - SP1 Feedback Items we are monitoring...

olution? Switch to Prepar3d..

Maybe some of us are tired of hearing that  I know I am. And especially in an informative thread like this one. Please show a bit of courtesy to your fellow pilots.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

FSX intermittantly stops responding when i select wxr request on altn page cdu. I have asn networked and all cdu datalink options are set to auto.

rte wxr data recieved fine and each leg populatad also des wxr requests work fine too, just a problem with altn wxr requests.

sim freezes along with sound and i have to force a close through task manager which results in mfs has stopped responding

kav

FSX intermittantly stops responding when i select wxr request on altn page cdu. I have asn networked and all cdu datalink options are set to auto.

rte wxr data recieved fine and each leg populatad also des wxr requests work fine too, just a problem with altn wxr requests.

sim freezes along with sound and i have to force a close through task manager which results in mfs has stopped responding

kav

Same here. Happens whenever I request Descend forecast. CDU just freeezes.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

Captain Rsrandazzo 

Thank you for the 777-300.  I know your first priority is to take care of the major problems, but could you kindly see my topic as I don't think this is right on the 777-300 modelling.  The bit is coming through wings during take off and landing and I am sure this is not correct.  I have checked the manual as Ryan and Kyle suggested but I cannot find anything relating to this problem.  This is not an attached fixed point on the wing and if there should be an attachment point then it shouldn't disappear on take off and appear on landing.  Some people might think that it is not a problem but to me it is and it is important to me as I look at your product as high quality.

Would appreciate it if it could be seen to and amended with next update.

Best regards

Mo

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446739-777-300-wing-area/#entry3035971

2014-7-19_10-35-36-469copy-1.jpg?t=14058

Mo45

Regarding issue number 2 (I have submitted a ticket): Try switching landing lights on and off, that will fix it.

Marius S

Captain Rsrandazzo 

Thank you for the 777-300.  I know your first priority is to take care of the major problems, but could you kindly see my topic as I don't think this is right on the 777-300 modelling.  The bit is coming through wings during take off and landing and I am sure this is not correct.  I have checked the manual as Ryan and Kyle suggested but I cannot find anything relating to this problem.  This is not an attached fixed point on the wing and if there should be an attachment point then it shouldn't disappear on take off and appear on landing.  Some people might think that it is not a problem but to me it is and it is important to me as I look at your product as high quality.

Best regards

Mo

2014-7-19_10-35-36-469copy-1.jpg?t=14058

Just for your information. The hook for the emergency exit slide attachment is at the wrong position. It should be a little further away from the fuselage.

img_3070ycj7z.jpg

One item from the old fix-list thread still apears (at least on my machine)

The sequence of the normal electronic checklist gets mixed up in cruise.

Did 2 flights with the 300ER and before seeing the descent checklist (shortly before TOD) i see before taxi CL again.

Captain Rsrandazzo 

Best regards

Mo

If you open up FCOM version 2 and use the find function (CTRL + F) and type: 1.50.6, it will take you to the "Over-wing Escape Slide" section of the FCOM. If you scroll down several pages you will find an image showing you what the "yellow hook" is.

The exact page number where the relevant information can be found is page 224. 

Here you will find an image with "Lifeline Attachment Point" annotation pointing toward the yellow hook on the wing. 

There is a short paragraph explaining what the purpose is. To summarise, in a ditching emergency, the "life line" can be attached to a hook on the wing.

It does not specify that there must be an exact position for it, other than "outboard of the engine". From a brief search of Google Images, the majority of pictures I found had this further down the wing than on the image provided by yourself (on the PMDG) but the PMDG modelling of this appears to be in the same location as the FCOM diagram.

From some images (even from some posters here) it appears that the hook remains open during cruise.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/3/6/8/1648863.jpg

I also recall you saying that this doesn't occur on the Boeing 777-200LR and this is because it does not have an over-wing exit.

I do not own the -300ER, and so I do not know if it "hides" during flight on the PMDG version of the aircraft.

A MS FSX tech told me many years ago to always let FSX build a new .cfg file after installing a new addon.  I don't know if this will help any of these problems but it is something I always do.  I have had none of the problems described in these posts.

It is easy to do, just delete the existing fsx.cfg file and start FSX.  You will have to redo any of the mods you might have made to the old fsx.cfg file so be sure to save a copy somewhere.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

If you open up FCOM version 2 and use the find function (CTRL + F) and type: 1.50.6, it will take you to the "Over-wing Escape Slide" section of the FCOM. If you scroll down several pages you will find an image showing you what the "yellow hook" is.

The exact page number where the relevant information can be found is page 224. 

Here you will find an image with "Lifeline Attachment Point" annotation pointing toward the yellow hook on the wing. 

There is a short paragraph explaining what the purpose is. To summarise, in a ditching emergency, the "life line" can be attached to a hook on the wing.

It does not specify that there must be an exact position for it, other than "outboard of the engine". From a brief search of Google Images, the majority of pictures I found had this further down the wing than on the image provided by yourself (on the PMDG) but the PMDG modelling of this appears to be in the same location as the FCOM diagram.

From some images (even from some posters here) it appears that the hook remains open during cruise.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/3/6/8/1648863.jpg

I also recall you saying that this doesn't occur on the Boeing 777-200LR and this is because it does not have an over-wing exit.

I do not own the -300ER, and so I do not know if it "hides" during flight on the PMDG version of the aircraft.

Thank you very much for your input, but what I am trying to say here is I understand that the hook should be there, but it shouldn't go up and down when the plane takes off and lands and it disappears.  If there is a hook then it should stay on, fixed to the wing. 

Mo45

Two more little things:

In the cockpit of the base package (the -200LR/F), the switch for the supplemental oxygen seems to be missing on my computer. The -300ER uses a Korry switch, so that one isn't missing.

Also on the overhead, the "protective shroud" for the Cockpit Voice Recorder microphone seems to be missing.

Again, I don't know if these issues only exist on my install (and a bunch of other installs on the Facebook group for the PMDG 777), but they are there.

Robert, I submitted a very detailed ticket that details all software, hardware. etc when the aircraft froze. I also attached a fsx.cfg, PFPX flightplan, and Topcate load sheet.

Have you ever considered cooperating with a producer of ACARS utilities used by many VAs? To make some sort of interaction between the two. Writing messages or receiving information from their dispatch? Or Vatsim?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

In addition to my previous post:

Someone pointed out to me that the shroud for the microphone actually SHOULD be removed, as it is post SP1. He also explained to me that it is described in the manual as well... That's what I get for brushing over them (once).