Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

19JUL14 - SP1 Feedback Items we are monitoring...

Hi , i made some flights with the 773 and almost never have any problems until i noticed that IF i  do have problems with freezing FSX it is only when it is dark outside  , then the sim hangs for several minutes.

Yesterday i had the same issue , , taking off LSZH to OMDB with very bad weather , passing 3000 feet the sim freeses and hang for about 5 minutes , i just tried to switch the strobelight wich i have mapped on a key and voila  , everything was working again , .everytime when fsx hangs i tried to switch the strobelight and almost everytime the sim recovers from hanging ...maybe it is pure luck but what i notice it that IF my fsx freeze , i  am getting stutters allready at taxiing to the active, ... if i don't get stutters at taxi my sim doesn't freeze either .

Allready made some very long flights ,,, OMDB KIAH OMDB  real time , stayed for 2.20 hours in KIAH before i flew back , arrived in OMDB  , setting up the plane again and flew OMDB EHAM OMDB , again real time  , using ground operations  without restarting FSX or the pc . never had a problem , no OOM or stutters so why once in a while y fsx freezes i don't know.

Normally i have a very smooth plane with frames locked at 30 , fsx settings all to the right and almost never a freezing fsx

Best regards ,

Gérard

If you haven't already, would you mind submitting a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com to ensure that this possible fix is evaluated?

Kyle Rodgers

I just want to add a comment about frozen FSX with 777.

Without any reason and only when using the PMDG 777, even with SP1 installed, the aircraft frozen the FSX. It was during cruise level and was worse then before. I was with ezdok Camera configuration opened, but not using configuring, just opened. Only this I've noticed different.. I was using internet normally (youtube, facebook, google chrome) before frozen.

And this time it frozen and did not return. Before SP1,  at least it was returning after 5 minutes or less. 

I wanna to emphasize it only happen with 777. I have others aircrafts, like PMDB 747, Majestic Dash 8 Q400, iFly 737NG and until now i never had this bad experience using those softares.

I hope it help you to find the problem.

Hi Kyle , 

sure why not  but i think this is more luck than something else  but it has worked for me several times

Gérard

sure why not  but i think this is more luck than something else  but it has worked for me several times

If it's an issue, it's worth reporting.

If it's repeatable, then it's definitely worth reporting.  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

Hello guys

After install SP1 - my PC got blocked everytime I try to fly it ! 

Regards

Ivan

Well...after all those posts above, although SP1 is already downloaded and the -300 purchased, I'll definitely wait until better news. A few hours ago I´ve completed my first Los Angeles-Shanghai-Los Angeles roundtrip aboard the RTM triple. No issues at all  :wink:  

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Thinking going back to rtm myself until hearing the good news.

Alexander Colka

I'm getting the pause issue - stopped for ~15 minutes earlier so had to close down and restart...

I did have this issue before upgrading to SP1 but i used to be able to 'trick' the system into getting going again by alt-tab-ing to the task manager and then going back into FSX. It seems to get things going again.

What info do you need for the ticket? How to I submit it? :)

Interestingly, I had done one flight without issue (OMDB to LOWW). I closed down the sim and then a few hours later loaded back up at LOWW and did the return flight to OMDB. It was about half-way through that flight that it did the long pause.

The only difference between the two flights is that i upped the traffic from 10% to 30%.

Hope that helps...

Jamie Boreham

My friend said to me that gauges and all the systems freeze when he uses the auto cruise function..

Thanks God I haven't bought it. I always wait 2-3 weeks after release...

Tom.

Can I add something - I have noticed upon engaging reverse thrust just before I touch the nose wheel on the runway the reverse thrust disengages, it could be a problem on my end, just wanted to see is anyone else experiencing this?

Chris-

Out of curiosity- refly that same flight and see if it happens in the same spot?  If it does- teach me how to replicate it.

We are grasping at straws with this- but I have no doubt we will find this and kill it.

Try the following departure, CPT UL9 KENET UN14 BAKUR DOGAL from Heathrow and I always get freezes in PMDG 777/Concorde X  - personally I think it's the fact your leaving a high density area into something completely different. I get the freeze for 1 minute or so and then it starts working.  I believe also departing New York I've had this which leads me to believe it's something to do with that. 

Regards,
Robbie
Qualified Private Pilot - Check out my YouTube channel!  

The Grandad V2 - Prepar3D v4.5 HF2 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) | Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition | Intel i7 8700K 4.7GhZ  | Corsair H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler  | nVidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix OC GDDR5X | Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 RAM | 2x KIngston  240GB HyperX 3K SSD | 2TB WD  Ext SSD | Windows 10 Build 1903 Corsair RM Series 750X '80 + Gold' 750W Modular PSU | Windows 10 Build 19042

In my system, I will get a freeze of exactly 8 min 15 seconds somewhat randomly during flight isuslly starting about 2 hours into the flight. I spent a lot of time trying to track this down and the thing I noticed is that this never happens with any aicraft, including PMDG 777 and 737NG if ASN is NOT running. When ASN is running, most of my payware aircraft have this issue. I tried all kinds of suggestions in the ActiveSky forums and the best fix for me was to run unlimited frame rate and turn down the cloud draw and visibility distances in ASN. I have a pretty good i7 system and never saw this prior to installing ASN recently. This is for sure not purely a PMDG issue in my opinion. Maybe ASN + Payware aircraft overloads the system or something like that, not really sure, but I see this really bad with the LDS 767 and ASN together and not at all with LDS 767 and no ASN. Well, for what it is worth anyways.

Bill Barrette

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

"airplane flight control/cockpit display freezes"

I had this!  I summed it up to getting a runtime C++ error saying something like FSX needed to close.  But I continued on ILS runway 08L at FSDreamTeam CYVR (where I always get OOMs no matter how much I tweak it).  Cockpit froze, but then the plane banked to the left and I said screw it and clicked the close button on the runtime error and restarted the flight (I had saved at 10,000ft expecting an error at this airport) and it was all good.  It was my first flight with the plane so it was completely default settings and I was using the default panel state.  

I'm not sure how else I can help you.  I do still have the flight plan used, and if you private message me I can send you any other tech files you need.  

I'm here to help.  

Can the issue with the increased simulation rate (8x or 16x) be looked into? I had no problems flying at 8x before SP1, but after SP1, I can't fly past 4x.