Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

IMAGINE SIMULATION KDTW ??

Guest captandy

Has anyone purchased this yet ?? Was wondering how they compared to the FlyTampa scenery which I use as a benchmark. ThanksAndy

Guest melevine

I don't have their KDTW but do have the KDEN which is terrific!R/Mike

Guest captandy

Do u have any FlyTampa Scenery ?? And if you do would you compare the 2.ThanksAndy

Saw some screenshots here.It really looks pink to me, and it looks pink and a bit weird on their website too.Here are some pics in the SH forum:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=190998&page=The rest of my colors on my monitor seem fine.****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest panda234

I had the toronto thing and I'm still trying to get rid of it. It killed my frame rates, like really killed them. But, hey, that's me, not them. It was very nice, but it was like a slideshot. billg

I just bought this scenery and I must say it's awesome. :-eek It's better than their (Imagine's) KDEN scenery as far as framerates go. Guys this is another top notch scenery package much like Simflyer's offerings without the framerate hassles.Whoever wanted KDTW you now have it in all it's glory!!! :-jumpy

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

** Bump ** For those who have not yet heard about this fantastic new release...

FS2020 

I got it too. It's really nice. Decent on the frames and looks really good. I don't see any pink in the scenery itself, might be the photos.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Got it on Sat. Living seven miles from KDTW, I have to say it is very well done. The only issues I found are: 1)no VOR on airport 2)runways and markings are way to light. Need to be much darker. I would say this is worth the money. Nice to see a good KDTW addonJoe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

I will be getting this. I am a US Airport Scenery junkie. I only fly to Airports I have scenery for. Pay or Free makes no difference to me as long as it is well done (Shehryar Ansari) for example.While I am running on here anybody using the KIND lite scenery? I wonder how this is without the Photo textures.Thanks

I also have the KIND secenery, "lite" version. It is quite "heavy" on the framerates. Also, you cannot taxi around the airport with "detect crashes" enabled as you will encounter constant crashes. Maker of the scenery says it is due to the pavement lines being seen as buildings or some such thing. Says a fix is on the way. Not real happy with this one. Hope some fixes are forthcoming.Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

I have the KIND scenery as well. I actually think it's very good and great on framerates considering you know how to adjust the scenery using the tool provided. I don't have all the useless options enabled like moving cars and light poles. I have the original version, I removed all the ugly photo scenery. KIND is a great add-on just like KDTW. I prefer the standard version over the lite version due to the fact that I get all the cool extra buildings. The building crash problem is an issue with this package that's why I only use the FEDEX terminal when flying to this airport. Cargo flights are the only way to go at this point seeing the closer you get to the main terminals, the more likely a building crash is going to occur... :-roll

FS2020 

I have Fly Tampa Miami and Imagine Sim DEN.DEN, is by far, surpassed my standards. Animated jetways. The designers completely remodeled the airport IMO. The Fly'Tampa is among one of my favorites also. Does not include the animations, but does have very high visual details.I would reccomend DEN if you have the pc power, but MIA is a great choice also. Cant go one with eathier of the two..:-wave

Guest captandy

I just purchased the KDTW scenery and it looks ok except all my runways and taxiways are pink as others have posted.I just e-mailed IMAGINE SIM and asked them about a solution.I tried different seasons thinking the winter textures were the cause, but even in summer they are still pink.My feeling is that it is worth the 20US but not near the workmanship and quality of the FlyTampa products.I would put at the same level as my SimFlyers with better FPS.Andy