Sign in to follow this  
cloudswimmer

No more OOM's!

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing less OOM's with SP1 and the 300? I did two hops last night in the USA over MSE and had my LOD setting in the fsx.cfg at 9.5 which I only use for simple GA aircraft usually, (normally with PMDG aircraft I have to lower down to 6.5 to avoid an OOM) and with the 300 I had complete stop to stop trips with no OOM's, I was astonished! So just wondering if anyone else is finding the same with their rig. Happy camper here :)

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Yes, I am finding the same. Well impressed.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

So far SP1 has been nothing but wonderful! I had stopped flying the T7 because of the freezes and OOM errors, among other glitches. 

With SP1 I am finally enjoying the product... and the new additions by PMDG are very welcome. Hand flying the aircraft is a sweet experience now!

So, thank you PMDG for a fine update that, for me, is like having a new product! I was holding the 300ER purchase until checking out SP1. Now I'm sold!

cheers

-E

Enrique Vaamonde

Same report here, yesterday in my first flight from RKSI (detailed add-on scenery) to PHNL (FSDT scenery add-on), departure at night in thick fog, crossing of Japan with numerous thunderstorms and heavy clouds (weather radar was handy!), I saved a situation before descent just in case... but went on with the flight, I did not need to use the saved file, I could complete my flight with no problem at all. Superb job PMDG!

I haven't done any test flights yet but has anyone had any 8 minute freezes?

Bilal Asif Khan

A friend of mine who had issues said that his VAS load is now on par with the NGX which is a good improvement in his book.

I had one OOM. I wonder does the taxi cam unload from VAS even after use? Only time I got OOM when I used it?

@Jamesie79

Good question. I only tried the taxi cam once, and decided not to use it as I didn't like the FSX limitation of only being able to use it in a seperate 2D popup screen, but after I closed it I was able to complete the flight to a full stop at the destination airport without an OOM, and this using my typical general aviation LOD setting of 9.5. There is no way I can fly the NGX with such a high LOD as this, so I was pretty suprised. So my feeling is the taxi cam must unload from VAS after use, but its just a feeling not fact.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I have to admit, they did well. I stopped flying the 200LR because my VAS would be at 3.0+ upon loading the aircraft and would OOM if I flew into a payware scenery such as LAX. Now with SP1 and the 300ER my VAS is sitting at anywhere from 2.4 to 2.7, and it only goes up to 3.1 if I arrive at a demanding payware scenery. In my book, they fixed it and I am happy! :)