Sign in to follow this  
nrcrate

Question for those using the 777 with ASN and FSINN

Hey All-

So I am thoroughly enjoying using the data uplink features of the 777. It was one of those "wow, look at that!" moments that you might get when you discover something profound. However, I have a question. This isn't necessarily a problem or I guess a direct question for the 777, however it is something of a fairly good inconvenience I have now that I am using the wind uplink features with Active Sky Next and the 777 SP1.

So this is my scenario:

I load into the sim, get all the necessary things done for pre-preflight: Start the ADIRU aligning, start FSINN, connect to VATSIM, file my flightplan, set payload and fuel, close the doors, etc. I then set my departure/arrival airports and datalink request/load my flightplan. This creates the .WX file AND loads it into FSX. Now ASN picks it up and populates it's flightplan and route coverage, allowing me to step along with my pre-flight and uplink route winds and descent forecast winds. This is where my problem begins. I noticed an abnormally frequent request of the destination METAR from VATSIM being performed, which shows at the top of my screen. It only usually happens at my own request or when I file/update a flightplan, however I assumed it was happening automatically because of the 777s WX creation and loading of the flightplan into FSX. I next notice that the filed flightplan on FSINN, and subsequently VATSIM, has changed to a waypoint-by-waypoint list of my flightplan, just like what is loaded in ASN and FSX. But this isn't really a proper flightplan. My problem is that no matter how many times I refile the correct plan, any adjustment to the route in the FMC or passing of a waypoint triggers it to refile on VATSIM. I don't think controllers would like me very much if I kept doing it. I know that as a controller myself, I wouldn't like just a point by point route in a long flightplan.  :P

What I have resorted to is just letting the FMC create the WX file and then I go and load it into ASN manually. Of course this is no fun because I really like how I can have it all do it automatically and work together.

So what do you do? Have you experienced this as well? Again, I wouldn't normally post this question here because it's not strictly a 777 thing, however it only happens with the 777 so I want to catch those who are in my same situation. What do you think?

Thanks in advanced!

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

This has been happening to me as well.

SIDs/STARs are translated to fixes, and as you pass a fix, it disappears from the flight plan.

Shortly after passing a fix, the departure weather comes up inside my simulator, which is a surefire sign that the flight plan has been resubmitted. Fix by fix, the flight plan shrinks as the flight progresses along.

777/ASN work together beautifully though.

Isnt there a way to stop fsinn from loading that file that the 777 is creating?

I would suggest going to your stats on vatsim.net and review the flight in question since the stats server records every change to the flight plan and who or what made that change. This will help identify what is affecting your logged flight plan. On paper it would be impossible for FSInn to do anything with any file produced by ASN or the 777 and certainly not automatically.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Isnt there a way to stop fsinn from loading that file that the 777 is creating?

Yes there is a way.. for all FSInn users to my opinion.

Go to PMDG setup --> Options --> Simulation Page 7 of 7 and choose under the 3L --> DONT CREATE FILE

Thats it.. FSinn don't load your FP anymore.

Don't forget to load manualy a flight plan to your ASN.

Cheers,

VD

There is no way to stop this behaviour from, FSINN.  This is unfortunately the way FSINN works in my experience. I suggest following the advice of VangelisD.

Tim

Hi folks,

I have the same issue... but maybe other solution is known from July 2014? ;)

I would like to leave CREATE WX file option in 777 and 'auto load flight plan' in ASN to fully automated process...

Lucas