Sign in to follow this  
3Green

Lonny Payne Panel

Guest kilo_sierra17

I use the Lonny payne panel with the 767 becasue lets face it, its the best out there, though I do like the heigh call outs, and flaps and gear, so if I have this problem with panels I just delete the sound files and it works just fine. So I did this with Lonny's panel and now when the sound file is supposed to be used I here the XP Default Beep Sound, which is really annoying so can anyone help me out here but besides telling me to restor e the sound files and to live with it.

It sounds like the panel is looking for some .wav file to play, so why not restore the call-out wavs, after editing them so you can't hear them. If you reduce the volume of the wav to zero, I'd imagine that should work.I see you're using Windows XP, so this should be easy. Right click the wav file to edit, press record. Now a sound recorder opens up. Select effects and keep decreasing the volume until you can't hear it. Save and you're done..

Buy the LDS 767, it's better.Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>Buy the LDS 767, it's better.>>Jeff USAFIt's more than better, it's bloody fantastic! The best software and most realistic experience I have ever had!All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings':-jumpy

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Eurosky

Not everyone can afford that money. He is simply asking a question about Lonny's panel with the posky model. Which is a very good combination too. And I think, its for the normal users good enough.

Guest kilo_sierra17

If POSKY did not release there 767 or Lonny Payne had not made his panel then yeah I would but the LDS 767, but they all did so why spend my money?Thanks RJ for the assitance, I will give it a try when I have some time.

Guest CargoMun

Posky will release their own panel to go with the 767 any time soon, so it might be also worth a shot in case the Payne panel keeps giving you problems :)And whats with the hijackings of the thread into Level-D advertising - im sure its a nice plane and all that but who cares about payware when there's this great package out for free ;)

No plug intended!The 'LDS 767' would solve the authors problem and enlighten him (If he doesn't already know) that it is the best available.For years I have used and enjoyed 'Lonny's' panel and have also a few times communicated with him praising his work. His '757' panel still leaves me awe struck because it IS so good! I still have and use 'Lonny Paynes' panel and was disappointed that he now doesn't have the time anymore to continue his excellent work as he is full time with 'Posky'. Long live freeware that produces 'Lonny's excellent standards, I say?To conclude,the reasons we all contribute to these forums is because we all love this hobby. Sometimes, we say things that some people consider offensive or accusing us of diversifying from the original query. This happens but it's not the end of the world, is it? All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Kurt, you only have to delete the related lines in the sound.cfg, that's all.BTW, this method is allways the better way to get rid of unwished sound effects, than deleting some .wav files.That's what I allways do with touchdown sounds. I have no use for those files. They only give me a slight stutter right at touch down and in reality you can't here the squeaking of the tyres, neither in the cockpit nor in the cabin (at least not in airliners)Wolfgang

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the sounds Kurt wants removed are not in the sound.cfg file. They are part of the panel.

RJ, off course you are right! But then, I think, one only has to remove the specific gauges from the panel.cfg.?!Cheers, Wolfgang

>I still have and use 'Lonny Paynes' panel and was disappointed>that he now doesn't have the time anymore to continue his>excellent work as he is full time with 'Posky'.Lonny works full time for an Executive Charter company flying bizjets for a living... He works "part time" for Eaglesoft Development Group programming gauges... With what little time remains he continues to work on freeware gauge & panel design... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Grubby

Hey,im using the Lonny payne panel. It makes a great package. I do have a problem with the gps though. I installed the original panel and then i started putting the updates in to correct the problems. After installing the final guage update, my GPS no longer comes up. I have the gps icon on the panel but when i click it, nothing happens. Is there anything in the panel.cfg i need to look for or what could the problem be?thanksKris

Kris,Yours may not be 'window13' but re gps check in your panel.cfg for:[Window13]size_mm=456,378window_size_ratio=0.500 position=3visible=0ident=225window_size= 0.445, 0.492window_pos= 0.560, 0.004gauge00=zgpsclose!zgpsclose, 11,12,428,336gauge01=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,456,378<--------//THIS lineregards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest kilo_sierra17

Well that would normally be the case but there are .wav files. I did what a few others suggested, just record over them and I did. Thanks for the help guys.