Sign in to follow this  
757 Fanatic

'Invalid entry' when inputting ZFW into FMC

Hello.

When I attempt to change ZFW via the FMC through FS actions -> Payload, I can't change the original number, which is always stuck at around 400.0, even when I have zero fuel weight. There seems to be an invisible weight 'bug' making the ZFW so high. I can't change the ZFW via the payload loader, but my friend can. When I compute a route in PFPX which gives me a ZFW of 194,8, I can't input this weight into the FMC. I get an 'Invalid entry' error when I click the line select key corresponding to the ZFW on the FMC display. I can input fuel without any problem but not payload.

Initially, I thought the weight musty be incorrect, but then I tried inputting any ZFW, but I couldn't change it, as it was 'static' at around 400, which is insanely high. So, I can't setup the aircraft for takeoff and landing. It's now basically not flyable due to this miscalculation.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Hi

Not sure if you have a wrong measure setting (Lbs or Kgs) or if you have an airline related rule on the CDU. You can actually determine if you can input the ZFW or the GW on the PERF page. Both weight and input option can be selected on the CDU Simulation and Options menu. 

It sounds like your aircraft is using LBS whilst you're trying to input the weight in KGS. 

Aamir Thacker