Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Any PMDG or PSS-style panel for the 737 classics?

I just love "complex" add-on panels, and I was wondering whether there is anything for the 737-300/400/500 that has the sophistication or almost the sophistication of the PMDG or PSS or Level-D or something similar products.If it's a panel that comes with a plane, fine, otherwise I would be happy to just use the FFX models.ThanksChris

Hmm, been to that site before, didn't see any screenshots. Does it have an FMS? LNAV and VNAV modes?

Sorry I misread your post. Tinmouse is the 737-200. Dreamfleet have the 737-300 if you're prepared to go back to FS2002. I used to keep FS2002 on my computer just for that one plane until the PMDG 737 came out and stole my attention.John

G`day MozartThe Dreamfleet 734 has fms and lnav / vnav, the Tinmouse 732 does not. However, don`t let that discourage you, it has CWS and authentic 'retro' autopilot! Its a great piece of freeware, plus the gauges are all open source .CheersLungs

On Peter McLeland's site you can download a merge kit, which merges the Dreamfleet 737 classics panel with FFX (and/or Ariane) aircraft an makes it flyable inFS2004 incl. FMC etc.Only disadvantage: you cannot use it together with FSUIPC. You have to disable FSUIPC everytime you fly the merge.http://www.petermcleland.com/logbook_021.htmOff course you have to buy the dreamfleet panel first.Wolfgang

Hang on, THIS is interesting. I had (still have I hope) the Dreamfleet 737-400 for FS2002 - so you say I can install that and then use the panel with FFX planes? That would be so cool... Will check it out right away...

In case you have not seen, that I edited my last post:The merge has a major disadvatage - you cannot use it together with FSUIPC. You have to disable FSUIPC everytime you want to fly the merge.Wolfgang

>The merge has a major disadvatage - you cannot use it together>with FSUIPC. You have to disable FSUIPC everytime you want to>fly the merge.Yes, I had seen that. Not too much of an issue for me, as the only application that I won't be able to use during a DF737 flight would be ActiveSky, but in that case I'ld simply use the FS-internal weather machine. Not as good, but worth the price if that lets me have a nice 737 classic panel.Thanks for the hint, Wolfgang!

Guest Marvel

Hi, You might want to hold you breath a little longer because Dreamfleet is going to release their new 737 series for FS2004 which will feature all the clasics variant from 737-200 up to 400 with corresponding panels. One definite hint I could give you is that if you're a fan of 737 classics, NOTHING can beat the ones from Dreamfleet, (judging from their previous products) and I'll leave you at that. Check their website www.dreamfleet2000.com

Guest monsoon

Agreed. Lou and his team make a very nice product over there.

I agree the DF 737-400 was great. The 727 is even better. I have a feeling there might be a long wait ahead before those aircraft are released. I think I have seen it mentioned they have another GA in the works for there next release.