Sign in to follow this  
LMMLSptr

PMDG Weather Radar

You can make your full real name a part of your forum signature.

For your wx radar to work you need to have the payware Active Sky Next weather engine installed and running - is it in your setup?

Yes, Installed, and running!

I do get correct tests, though, but other than that, nothing!

Go to FSX options, enable 'detailed clouds', and position the aircraft in a thunderstorm.

What cloud coverage density?

-Jake Meilak

Hello,

because the name of this thread is quite universal, I'll try here...

so, when I press both WXR TEST buttons I have error. System starts testing radar, but after few seconds FSX doesn't response and then - fatal error.

ASN is running.

Did you ever meet that issue?

Ps. In another thread I described that DES NOW function doesn't work. Maybe I should reinstall 777?

Ok, I made little mistake in previous post - I mean there is fatal error after pressing both TFR buttons (as a method of wx radar test). However, after pressing TEST button there is error too:

t2208945_wxerror.jpg

I reinstalled T7 -> clean installation RTM version, then SP1c - did not help.

Error appears in following situations:

1. just after test begining while ASN is running

2. and when ASN is not running, test passed, but error appears while FSX is closing.

Update:

I also deleted all panel states, then load free flight. Error still exist :(

This is an old bug that I thought was cleaned up.

Try doing a WXR TEST from the CAPT View, in other words don't open radio panel or change view to center console to press TEST, just pan your view from the panel to the center console.

I had a 77F flight in the air at the time so I figured what the heck, I pressed TEST on WXR panel with radio panel open (pressed MIC button) and yup, FSX CTD confirmed.  BEX error, which can be tricky for a programmer to isolate... sure as heck beyond my skill set to figure out. It came up during early SP1 test and I haven't seen it since.

Hopefully you can TEST from the CAPT Chair.

Dan Downs KCRP

Curiouser, I restarted FSX and loaded 77L from free flight default startup at end of runway and now matter how I held my tongue I could not get a WXR TEST to crash.  I dunno, the BEX errors are really hard ones. I've let PMDG know via my beta channel and will continue to pass on anything that might help.

EDIT Update:  I just flew a short hop (in a jet, it's a 3 day drive LOL) KIAH-KELP to run another set of tests with WXR TEST and no surprise I was unable to duplicate problem.

My suggestion is you limit WXR TESTs to on-ground, which is realistic. The test is non-emitting so is safe to use on the ramp.

The problem seems to be hard to duplicate but I agree it happened an hour ago to me so something is there.

Dan Downs KCRP

So, I have CTD even when I pan to WX panel from pilot position view - but I have EZDOK camera and panning is quite different then normal...

Ok, I can live with it, maybe this will be fixed in next SP ;)