Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

What do you do while waiting for things to install?

Lets say you just had to do a system wipe to fix a problem, what do you do while you're waiting for your programs to reinstall?

I will have that to look forward to in a couple of weeks when my new PC arrives. That will also include installing the OS, since I decided to stick with my existing copy of Windows 7 64bit Home Premium rather than wasting another £80 on Windows 8 :smile: I usually just watch the progress bar fill up when stuff is installing. It can be fascinating :lol:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yawn... maybe spend time in the forums, being bored & wasting time posting in forums like this one. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Yawn... maybe spend time in the forums, being bored & wasting time posting in forums like this one. 

Oh... well endowed, eh? the man with two machines.

I just fidget, and get frustrated, muttering things like, 'Come oooon... for pity's sake! How long does this rubbish take... thirty bleedin' percent... it's going to take weeks... aaargghh, come ON... oh! That was quick.'

D

I actually just finished building my new PC the other day so I have spent the last couple days downloading and installing a bunch of stuff. I have been doing research on how to properly tweak FSX as well as some other FS related topics while I wait. Also play some Forza 4 or Skyrim on my xbox.

Samuel Scully

I go on vacation:-)

No but seriously. After you install you OS and FSX and Addons and optimize your system so it is just right make a full system image. Then the next time you have a problem that requires a complete reinstall of OS and everything else, you can just use the system image to restore you system back to that pristine state and save yourself a whole bunch of suffering.

Just take it slow and let FSX digest each addon before moving to the next. Surf the forums, do some housework, clean and organize your desk, Clean your pedels and other controlers. Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Having the SSD's has made the task more bearable. I have a 500gb Samsung Evo SSD for WIndows and FSX so reinstalls are much faster now. I can do it all in one afternoon including Windows 7 FSX all ORBX and aircraft. The best part is no need to defrag which was a major time consumer.

Matthew Kane

Surfing... checking avsim or FB or news site.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

I watch the grass grow. :Cuppa:

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Listen to sermons on PirateChristianRadio.com and plan out flights on my iPad with Foreflight :)

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Having the SSD's has made the task more bearable. I have a 500gb Samsung Evo SSD for WIndows and FSX so reinstalls are much faster now. I can do it all in one afternoon including Windows 7 FSX all ORBX and aircraft. The best part is no need to defrag which was a major time consumer.

That's what I like most about using SSD, plus the faster load times.