Sign in to follow this  
moekarout

weather radar is frustrating

Hello every one 

my wxr has been frustrating to me, it only work with storms and thats all, i have flewn in many airports where storms are not present but clouds were, the radar screen is emty, just heavy storms show in otherwise nothing 

the funny part is that i once started my fsx without ASN and the radar gave me some response

i have tried the FSUIPC trick, it worked for storms thats it. any idea?

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The radar shows precipitation associated with rain, not clouds.  Have you tried flying around rain showers as well?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Yeah I manualy set a weather with few rain nthn appeared

Let me ask you this

If am flying in overcast conditions with no precipitation, nothing is gonna show up?

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yeah I manualy set a weather with few rain nthn appeared

Let me ask you this

If am flying in overcast conditions with no precipitation, nothing is gonna show up?

Start up ASN, start FSX and load the T7 at the end of runway 9R at EGLL. There should be storms in the area at the moment if you have live weather turned on. Power up the WXR and you should see some returns. 

I have a feel this has something to do with the way you're manually setting the weather. 

There is a detailed explanation of wx radar operation in the SP1 T7-300 supplement (PDF).  In short > it'll only

yield a "return" if moisture (rain, hail, snow) is present in the cone (radar scan pattern).  But there's much more to

it, and if you use ASN then there is much more interesting / important stuff to learn.  And it appears to function

very well.

Hope this helps,

Ken

Ken Boardman

Weather radar was implemented well. It's not supposed to show clouds. Clouds pose no risk, it's the storm activity that's dangerous. Worked perfectly for me departing MMMX with thunderstorms 3nm out from departure, showed red cell activity. Definitely adds to the immersion.

Clouds pose no risk, it's the storm activity that's dangerous.

Well they might pose some risk, but they just can't be detected by radar.