Sign in to follow this  
Guest mgerner

FSMeteo 7.0 released

I have bought FSMeteo 6.0 a few years ago. I received 4 free upgrades to version 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4 - not bad IMO. And the best thing: I never had to ask for an upgrade, Marc allways automatically mailed me the upgrade, when it was released.Noone of us expects to receive the new version of MFS for free, just because he had bought FS4 20 years ago. In the software industry it is usual to get upgrades on current versions for free, eg. from FS9 toFS9.1 (the patch) or, as mentioned from FSMeteao 6.3 to 6.4. But it is not common to get a whole new version for free.Noone complains about MS, PMDG, RFP just to mention a few companies, who also charge for new versions of their software, which is fully understandable IMO.Thus I think, I will buy FSMeteo 7.0Wolfgang

Wolfgang, ofcourse you have a point there. I paid for an upgrade to FSMeteo v6, as this is the FS9 compatible version. Same goes for ActiveSky wxRE; I paid for the FS9 compatible AS2004. But all releases after the initial AS2004 are still free of charge.To me it still is not clear why this is a major new v7 release. What are the EXACT benefits of this version? The list of features all look very familiar (v6.x) to me. If it indeed is smoother visibility and smoother wind changes, then I would say this is another v6.x release, not a v7.

Hakkie,I agree with you that there does not appear to be enough changes to the previous version (6.4) to warrant making this v7.0. I'm a member of a software development team and we only change the major part of the version number when a significant number of changes have been made to the product. Minor changes - and I believe what Marc has released with 7.0 are just minor changes - should have the point number incremented. So, instead of 7.0 it should have been 6.5.The problem in doing that is that it would not generate enough interest from the buying public which is why I think he's gone for 7.0.I think it's justifiable to release major upgrades only for each new version of FS and those should be chargeable. Updates (as opposed to upgrades) such as we have in 7.0 should be free.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest dickcu

Everyone is talking about 18 bucks but it's 18 dollars Euro. When I purchased it I paid 24 dollars U-S. Not that six dollars is a big deal but thought I'd set the record straight. I personally think the new program is a big improvement, at least for me.Dick

>I personally think the new program is a big improvement, at>least for me.Dick, this question is not meant to 'attack' you! But what is this big improvement over v6.4? Can you name some significant improvements to justify this being a v7 release? I can't find any MAJOR change in the feature list on the website. Thanks!

Guest dickcu

I stand corrected. I should of just said, "an improvement." I think v7 is considerably smoother when FS Meteo updates. My frames don't drop nearly as much as in v6.4. There seems to me more variety in the cloud formations surrounding the aircraft. I think 15 dollars would of been a fairer price but to me I was happy with the end result. Dick

Guest mgerner

>Like others, FSMeteo's upgrade costs put me off. I am using>ActiveSky now and I'm very happy with it.>>Dave Blevins>Same here. Both the achievements and the support of Damian are outstanding, AS 2004.5 produces fantastic results - no need for me to have two weather generators installed.