Sign in to follow this  
vanzunator

Brief workflow tutorial: PMDG 777 SP1 Company Datalink function with PFPX + Active Sky Next (ASN)

I have one short question:

When you do this as John described will ASN show you your flight plan? Quick yes/no will.

Thanks!

Yes, I can see the exact moment that ASN loads the flight plan automatically, obviously you need to be on the 'Flight Plan' tab in ASN to see the auto loaded flight plan. per my post #1 in this thread, ASN auto loads the flight plan if the correct settings is selected (Auto Load Simulator Flight Plan).

A small mistake here. Based on the screenshot of MENU > PMDG SETUP > OPTIONS > SIMULATION you provided, SP1 will only create an FSX flight plan (.pln) file but will not load it into FSX.

You have to set the option in L3 to "create and load in FSX".

Thanks Michael, if you look at the caption for that image, I mentioned "For FSX PLN FILE FOR WXR option: Choose CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX"

Yes, I can see the exact moment that ASN loads the flight plan automatically, obviously you need to be on the 'Flight Plan' tab in ASN to see the auto loaded flight plan. per my post #1 in this thread, ASN auto loads the flight plan if the correct settings is selected (Auto Load Simulator Flight Plan).

Thanks Michael, if you look at the caption for that image, I mentioned "For FSX PLN FILE FOR WXR option: Choose CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX"

Yes you are right, I only noticed the screenshot itself.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

PFPX does have a manual ;)

But for sake of argument click on the little WX box towards the bottom right of your PFPX window, between NAV and Tracks, now you should see options for online, save, Active Sky, REX etc. Of course make sure its pointing at the Active Sky WX file for it to work.

The worflow steps

1. Assuming you have no active PFPX weather subscription or if you prefer to use ASN weather in PFPX, open ASN and choose WX Configuration > Save Weather File. That saves a global weather file that PFPX can use in the next step for proper route and fuel planning.

ASNSaved.png?psid=1

Actually you don't need to save the weather for it to work in PFPX. PFPX is only looking for the current_wx_snapshot.txt file from ASN (along with the static station list file) and the current snapshot updates on load of ASN.

PFPX does have a manual ;)

But for sake of argument click on the little WX box towards the bottom right of your PFPX window, between NAV and Tracks, now you should see options for online, save, Active Sky, REX etc. Of course make sure its pointing at the Active Sky WX file for it to work.

thanks but PFPX says that it can't find ASN data ??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1263ae56c27u6wo/PFPX%20ASN%20issue.png

thanks but PFPX says that it can't find ASN data ??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1263ae56c27u6wo/PFPX%20ASN%20issue.png

Because you have it pointed in completely the wrong place.

Mine is pointed at C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\ASNFSX\Weather

Change the (your user name) to what's correct for your Windows login. You should find under the Weather directory the current_wx_snapshot.txt file as well as a wx_station_list.txt file. PFPX needs to see both for it to work.

Because you have it pointed in completely the wrong place.

Mine is pointed at C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\ASNFSX\Weather

Change the (your user name) to you whats correct for your Windows login. You should find under the Weather directory the current_wx_snapshot.txt file as well as a wx_station_list.txt file. PFPX needs to see both for it to work.

Ok thank you :)

Sure, ASN was the first one to implement the feature into their program so that there is no required human interaction,

Sorry Kyle, need to correct you. Opus was the first. ASN users at the time had to wait for HiFi to provide a hotfix, but Opus was updating it's weather app about twice a week at the time, and was very quick off the mark, as Stephen usually is.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You don't need to export default FS weather. The .rte file contains only flightplan (navigation data). FS weather is read automatically once there is no other weather source.

Thanks PMDG for including this new function for the humble/standard FSX users :)

I have tried loading the legs and Wx successfully into the FMC, but couldn't load the FOR DESCENT ... will try again tonight and test flying with Wx on each leg!

Cheers, Harry

Harry Sung

Actually, where do you LOAD the DES FORECAST ?

I can also load the Waypoints (lges) WX successfully and I receive another message for the DES FORECAST...Help

Thanks,

Regis

Regis Biassala 

Actually, where do you LOAD the DES FORECAST ?

I can also load the Waypoints (lges) WX successfully and I receive another message for the DES FORECAST...Help

Thanks,

Regis

When you've received the des forecast message, to go VNAV and page 2 or 3. click on DES Fore... and request, then load

Camille MOUCHEL-BLAISOT ( CMB)

When you've received the des forecast message, to go VNAV and page 2 or 3. click on DES Fore... and request, then load

Camille MOUCHEL-BLAISOT ( CMB)

+1

Harry Sung