Sign in to follow this  
PC Pilot Dave

Your experience with FTX Global and FTX Global Vector?

I have to disagree. I do all my flying around 1500ft, and the FTXG textures are excellent IMO, even down to approach and landing. Sample image below

Yeah I'm with Dick on this one, but it just goes to show the subjectivity of it all. Bottom line is what you as an induvidual enjoy the most. I love good photoscenery, and for high altitude tubeliner work, for me, its a must. But for super low and slow work into little quirky airports with my old beat up Cub, Orbx can't be beat.

Dave since it sounds like your pretty new to all this, I'd say go on over to the Orbx website and download some of the free areas. This will give you a good idea of the Orbix 'look' and if its your cup of tea.

Chris

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I have Global, Vector and Open LC Europe.

Love Global. Makes a big difference to the FSX "immersion factor".

Vector - would have been nice if they'd paid a bit more attention to the roads especially in major cities. Looks like a rushed job to me. Considering going back to UTX until it's improved around Europe.

Open LC Europe - looking pretty good - have been comparing what I'm seeing in sim with my Plan G moving map on my other PC. Some areas like the Balkans look a bit sketchy though.

Overall all three make a big improvement to the FSX default textures/LC etc. Hope they improve Vector though.

Keep in mind Vector 1.2 from the looks of it may be amazing compared to what we have

Rich Sennett

It was a real tossup for me between FTX Global + UTX v. GEX + UTX.  After hemming and hawing several times, I went with UTX + GEX, for now, reluctantly.  Maybe I'll change my mind again.   Not knowing exactly how the mechanics of each work, I noticed that I got multi-story office buildings correctly placed in suburban business districts while using GEX, while with FTX Global, that same area looked like it was populated by flat, concrete roofed T-34 Tank factories from Siberia!   Overall though, FTX looked very good indeed, especially in lush rural areas, and who knows, maybe I'll change back again.

For anyone interested I've posted a few comparison shots of UTX v FTX in the screenshots sub-forum.

I have to disagree. I do all my flying around 1500ft, and the FTXG textures are excellent IMO, even down to approach and landing. Sample image below:

Well, my opinion comes from comparing FTX with real world flying at 1500ft in the same area. It does not look the same, however IMO opinion this is nice approximation. And it gets better with altitude.

With OpenLC my biggest pleasant discover was that there are new land classes for cities. I was suprised while flying above Gdansk, Poland where I live now that I have noticed red roofs on buildings where old city center is located. In some other parts of city - there are multi condignation flats where should be, sometimes you can see that buildings are placed nicely near roads which doesn't look like random, autogen placement.

On the other hand in the middle of Gdansk there is island missing and you can see some roads and bridges going into water. (Vector issue)

But if you don't mind these minor issues and forget about comparing this with reality you will get really pleasant time flying  ^_^

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

The global and openlc textures are way ahead of gex at this point.

Vector is certainly not as good as utx at this point from an accuracy perspective but it's improving, 1.2 is coming, it's a worldwide product and it's much simpler to interface it with the other FTX global products.

Bottom line.... I'm sticking with vector plus global and the openlc products.

I went from UTX/GEX to ORBX Global and Global Vector. Big disappointment for me.

I've detailed my issue with pictures on the ORBX forum, but have not received a solution to date.

Link to the Post

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86421-another-old-timer-needs-help-flat-buildings-and-aec-problems/

RodeoGeorge

It's the mesh plain and simple. This is a well known side effect of high Res mesh no matter who supplies it.

Default usa coverage is 38m and ms did a good job with the "flattens"

Ask yourself, do you really need higher res than 38m? I know I don't......

The global and openlc textures are way ahead of gex at this point.

Indeed, way ahead. UTX and GEX feel really outdated in comparison.

Start with FTX Global. It's a no brainer.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just installed the Demo Iceland. It is very beautifull but the prize for other area's is high and it cost me a lot of frames rates ( around 10 ). Removed it again and look for something else. The quality will be less but i hope the frame rates beter.

greets,

Roy

I'd call it a jack of all trades and a master of none. It covers the whole world, is a huge leap forward from the default scenery and there are no other packages that do the same. 

I just did a flight around Montenegor yesterday, and it was dissapointing (even with OpenLC Europe). Many important small towns where missing. I did a flight around Sicily as well, and the famous tourist hotspots, Budva and Taormina, were completely missing.

I've bought it simply because it is a work in progress, and it is improving over time. That kind of development is worth paying for.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

IMO expectations are way too high for these products, you won´t get a "real world" FSX, far from it, but the screenshots and all the hoopla can mislead you/us into believing we will get that. 

Have bought the "set" @ 33% discount. Although a fanatical Photo flyer,  I have to admit it is a huge improvement over the default.  Which I can't help but fly over from time to time; and yes, I do have all the Regions as well.

Suffice to say, I am inclined to fly areas that previously I would never have considered flying over. Those away from Europe and USA.  Looking forward to the Suite maturing over time.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

When I take off from Orbx Melbourne v2 I find some extra mountains at the end of the runway !  I have installed Orbx FTX Global.FTX AUSP4. Pilots FS GLOBAL 2010. Orbx FTX Global Vector.I have no idea which product or products are involved, anybody had this problem? Many thanks. Harley41

How is it with fsx loading times (after you hit fly till acft appears) are they grately increased?

Thanks

Perry 

Regards, Perry