Sign in to follow this  
Tony G

Military training a/c??

Could somebody point me towards any recommended Military training a/c ( Freeware preferred) - something that a young Air Force/Army/Navy Pilot would come across in RL.Any Nationality of a/c is OK.Thanks Barry

Guest enave

Have you seen the PC7 Astra by Thinus Pretorius?

Guest B737_200_Pilot

If you're interested in the 400 megabyte U.S. Navy Microsim add-on for FS2002 that was available to the public at the link below until recently, I have it saved and can give it to you. https://wwwcfs.cnet.navy.mil/microsimptt/index.cfmI believe the Navy still issues it to the SNAs.

Guest DOK

Hi Barry,how about Rick Piper's Jet Provost (freeware):RegardsOliver

Guest Rockcliffe

The Soko Galeb is also outstanding, as is the Canadian Snowbirds Tutor.For something a little older, many pilots learned to fly in the de Havilland Chipmunk (Rick Piper's model is excellent) and, before that, the Tiger Moth.

I second that on Project Alpha Sierra's excellent T-37. An update is in the works, and soon to be released, that is going to be incredible, you are just going to have to see it to believe it :).Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest RotorRick

FSD had a freeware T-38 Talon that's really nice (I think they are soon gonna update it for a payware version that's even sweeter), one of the "must have" downloads.

I also would recommend the T-37 referenced above. The manual alone is worth the price of admission. The systems modelling is complete, and it flies great.Best,Ken

I love the T37 addon as mentioned by others - but, I am pretty sure that the Tweet has been retired by the US armed forces as a trainer.That said, if you buy the T37 and work through/understand all of the most excellent documentation, you will have a leg up over other Candidates. It really is a piece of work.If they do something similar for the Texan II, I will buy it without hesitation.Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

I am biased, but I second the Canadian Forces Snowbird package. Tested by several members of this years Snowbirds rotation. Found here and at flightsim.com.