Sign in to follow this  
StubbinMyToe

PFPX and Flight Plan flight level

Since Aerosoft forums are down, I will  ask here.

What is the proper place to adjust the Flight Level of your flight plan?  I see "Init cruise Alt/FL" that defaults to "OPT" in the Aircraft section, is that where you change it?  Also is it possible to force it to export a FSX flight plan that replaces SID and STAR with waypoints for use in software like PFE?

Thanks

Initial Altitude is either OPT (optimal fuel efficiency based on winds) or MAX (maximum attainable based on weight). It cannot be set manually. However, to the right of Initial Altitude is the Alt Cap window, which sets a maximum limit on altitude for cruise. If you are attempting to manually set the altitude lower than suggested, you can use this window. You cannot manually set a cruise altitude higher than Initial Alt MAX, for safety reasons.

There's a conflict of sorts for PFPX SID/STAR waypoint inclusion. Real airline pilots don't have the SIDS/STARS included in the flight plan and must adapt to what atc gives them, filling in the DEP/ARR fmc portions manually. On the other hand, people would like SID/STAR waypoint inclusion for sim purposes. It's been debated. I would check this thread out: 

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/72413-sidstar-waypoints-for-radar-contact.

But no, it's not available at this time. 

Thanks Ethan.

And I know what you mean about SID's and STAR's, based on weather, traffic, and other things ATC can reassign them.  So in your FMC you only load the route and then the SID and STAR as you are cleared for them.   However, PFE (my ATC) does not really support SID's and STAR's.  If I embed them in the flight plan that PFE uses, I can specify the SID end point and STAR start point in PFE,  so now PFE should know how to interpret them.  At least that is what I think, I can't test it because I do not have anything that saves the waypoints for them.

Completely understand, I'd be curious how default ATC reacts to having waypoints as well. I believe that would make FSX ATC sid/star capable, and it would honor those waypoints, but with FSX ATC being so backwards it still might not work, I dunno. Since the PFPX route gets exported to multiple sources, I think it would be really nice and should be possible for FlightSimSoft to make something like a checkable option for certain exports, so your FMC exports don't have SID/STAR waypoints but the ATC exports do.   

I'm sorry I'm hijacking the thread but I wanna ask:

Can PFPX assign different cruise policies at the different segments of the same route? For example I wanna first part of route to be econ. cruise at assigned CI, but I want second part to be cruise with assigned speed. Is it possible in PFPX?

Additionally, can PFPX can build part of route automatically after I prebuild part of route manually?

Can PFPX assign different cruise policies at the different segments of the same route? For example I wanna first part of route to be econ. cruise at assigned CI, but I want second part to be cruise with assigned speed. Is it possible in PFPX?

Additionally, can PFPX can build part of route automatically after I prebuild part of route manually?

No, different CIs or cruise speeds cannot be calculated for different segments of flight. Nor can it calculate CLB-1 or CLB-2. That said, it is usually pretty accurate, and allows for adjusting fuel burn biases if you consistently come in under or over predicted burn on a certain plane. 

Yes, it can automatically rebuild high or low altitude routes. You go to the edit window, just delete the waypoint you don't want, right click (iirc) on the waypoint you want to include in the route. There will be a bunch of options, including one to automatically link to the previous waypoint in the flight plan. It's extremely slick in its operation. I used this feature the other day to bring a route closer to the coast. Gotta take the scenic route sometimes. :)  

What if you are building route over north Atlantic and need fixed mach speed in NAT and econ. speed in European and American airspace?