Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Welcome to the New Pilot2ATC Users Forum

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the Pilot2ATC Users Forum, a place for us to provide announcements, information and support to you about Pilot2ATC and for you to post suggestions, ask questions and provide tips and techniques for getting the most out of Pilot2ATC.

Thanks to all of you for your enthusiasm and support the last several weeks as we launched the product and your great ideas that let us continue to improve it. 

I look forward to lots of activity here on the AVSIM Pilot2ATC forum and great ideas for improving our product and your experience.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi

I just saw your product on avsim and it looks very user friendly unlike others. Is it like the vox atc program?

the voices in the demo sounded great. Is the user interface accessible in full screen mode? Do you have documentation available to read?

thx Lee

Hi Lee.

Thanks for the inquiry.

Pilot2ATC is not exactly like VOXATC.  It does have voice interaction with a controller, like VoxATC, but it runs as a separate windows application and has a lot of other features dealing with Maps, Flight Plans, Auto Pilot, etc.  Some users do use it strictly for the voice interaction, but most use the other features as well.

There is documentation on the web site at Pilot2ATC.com on the Downloads page.

When FSX runs in fullscreen mode, it takes over the graphics card and does not share the screen with other applications, so you can't see Pilot2ATC in  that mode.  However, I use FSX, P3D and X-Plane in maximized Windows mode and Pilot2ATC has an "On Top" feature that keeps it visible on top of other windows.

I'm uploading the new version 1.3 this morning!  Hope you check out the trial version for yourself.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 

Thanks,

Dave

I read that it can be on a 2nd pc via widefs and that some manipulation is required. I only am able to fly in full screen mode due to my setup. Can you offer some guidance to configure you product  to accomadate my situation?

thx Lee

There is at least one user I know of who is using it on a 2nd PC.  It will work using the wide-client of FSUIPC or XPUIPC.  The problem will be that the microphone/headphones for the voice will need to connect to the 2nd PC.  If your Sim PC is playing the engine sound, etc over it's speakers, this might work OK.  The second issue is the joystick button will need to be on a device plugged into the 2nd PC as well.  The person using 2 pcs is using a "button box" plugged into the 2nd PC. 

You could also use a HotKey on a keyboard on  the second pc or even a separate joystick.  The downside, for now, is that I don't know how you could use the mic button on your yoke or flying joystick. This is an enhancement on the roadmap, but not available now.

Dave

Hi

So pleased about this forum

This is one of those software products that will doeverything you need all in one place ,

Works perfect for me in p3d xplane and fsx.

Ive always wanted to get frequency, maps, rwy details, all in one program plus flight planning just on one screen while flying, now I can

All I can say is brilliant, and anyone reading this just download demo and buy it

No im nothing to do with the owners, but think a great program deserves credit when they come along, and thats not very often

Mhazy

There is at least one user I know of who is using it on a 2nd PC.  It will work using the wide-client of FSUIPC or XPUIPC.  The problem will be that the microphone/headphones for the voice will need to connect to the 2nd PC.  If your Sim PC is playing the engine sound, etc over it's speakers, this might work OK.  The second issue is the joystick button will need to be on a device plugged into the 2nd PC as well.  The person using 2 pcs is using a "button box" plugged into the 2nd PC. 

You could also use a HotKey on a keyboard on  the second pc or even a separate joystick.  The downside, for now, is that I don't know how you could use the mic button on your yoke or flying joystick. This is an enhancement on the roadmap, but not available now.

Dave

You can send button press on joystick via widefs, would that work for you?

Kacper Nowotynski

Mhazy,

Thanks for the kind words.  It affirms that I've begun to achieve what I set out to do.  I love flying and programming and got tired of not having what I wanted so I started programming it.  I really like all the great ideas I keep getting from the community.  They will help me improve the program and keep me busy flying and programming!

Kacper,

Yes, I plan on using WideClient/WideFS.  There are some other things that have to change in the program and a plug-in I need to develop for X-Plane.  All in the plan.

Dave

I read through most of the posts on the parent thread, and did not see in those posts, nor on the Pilot2ATC Site, what aircraft the program will work with.

Specifically, all FSX default?  Add on aircraft like A2A Cessna 172?

Thanks for pointing me to the info 

RodeoGeorge

RodeoGeorge,

Most functions of Pilot2ATC will work with any aircraft.  The one limitation might be that a small number of add-on aircraft that do not use standard radio or autopilot functions might not work properly in terms of setting radio frequencies. 

I have used it with many aircraft and other users have used it with a much broader range of aircraft.  As far as I know, no one has hit an aircraft that it doesn't work with.

The only way t know for sure is try it out.

Dave

Thanks Dave.

Shop being renovated to accommodate a Sim.  As soon as I'm back up with FSX I'll try the Demo.

RodeoGeorge

Is there any possibility of using this like Flight Sim Commander? That is, basically using the AP, HDG, etc. like an FMS instead of having to load the flightplan into the fmu of a plane? That option would be great.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Lenny,

That's not possible in the current product. 

However, most flight plans can be exported from P2A and then imported into the SIM and/or GPS/FMS, so you don't have to manually enter them in most cases.  Depends on the plane and the FMS.

Dave