Sign in to follow this  
737ngx99

Yoke always to the right! [Please Help]

Hi guys!

Since i updated Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 my yoke has been really weird. Im using Saitek Pro Flight Yoke.

My yoke is always to the right. its about 2 cm to the right of the center and its very hard to land so i always need to do autoland :(

I have set up my controls in FSUIPC but it wont fix it!!!

Im really sad about this because i really want to takeoff and land properly

Here are some screenshots of my situation taken in PMDG 777-300. The problem isnt just working in PMDG products, its on my all planes.

http://gyazo.com/8eeb59de4b9c36e1d119e2e9c4bef155

http://gyazo.com/61fdbc40041f0ec231412bd01ecaa9ef    You can see that the Elevator is abit to the right.

Cheers all and have good week!

/Jacob

Don't do that. Set up your controls through FSX, and calibrate them in Windows.

Hi guys!

Since i updated Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 my yoke has been really weird. Im using Saitek Pro Flight Yoke.

My yoke is always to the right. its about 2 cm to the right of the center and its very hard to land so i always need to do autoland :(

Im really sad about this because i really want to takeoff and land properly

Here are some screenshots of my situation taken in PMDG 777-300. The problem isnt just working in PMDG products, its on my all planes.

http://gyazo.com/8eeb59de4b9c36e1d119e2e9c4bef155

http://gyazo.com/61fdbc40041f0ec231412bd01ecaa9ef    You can see that the Elevator is abit to the right.

Cheers all and have good week!

/Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Do you have an other joystick connected ?

Eric

Hi there,

I have the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, and every time I boot up windows or restart, the calibration settings are forgotten. However, I am a Windows 7 user. The first thing I do is recalibrate before anything else. It only takes a minute, but seems to be the only way. I remember seeing other threads on this and it only happens with this yoke so I live with it, as I've never found a solution to date. I do not use Saitek's setup..if there is a utility for this hardware. Hope this saves you some time. If there is a solution, that would be fantastic. 

Best, Jeff

I sometimes get this problem with mine. I usually just unplug it at put it back in an all is fine again

Hi Jacob,

Do you have an other joystick connected ?

Eric

Nope just Rudder pedals and Throttle Quadrant to my Yoke

Nope just Rudder pedals and Throttle Quadrant to my Yoke

Maybe you already did, but on the saitek site you can get some software to set the yoke and throttle quadrant.

It works way better than the windows calibration.

I don't know much about W8 or 8.1 but I can tell you that when I installed SP1 & the 300, when I initially loaded my 300 I had that exact same scenario.

I have W7 and right now, would not change for anything. Anyhoo, that doesn't help you so here' s my thoughts.

I have tried many times to set up my hardware with the Saitek software and for me, I wouldn't go near it. I had nothing but trouble every time I tried going back to it.

Before I give up on FSUIPC I would go over to their support site and talk to Pete and also I seem to recall somewhere on these forums, some talk about a fix for the Saitek Yoke and W8.1, so I would do a search on that one.

As for what I did to correct this very problem using W7 and FSUIPC, was to go into the "Calibration" tab of FSUIPC and your Aileron setup and set up the usual all the way to the right and set, then all the way to the left and set, but when you do the centre setup play around with where you have the yoke when you hit the centre "set" button until when you go back into your cockpit and move the yoke and then let it go, it sits with that little pointer on the "zero"

Worked for me.

Good luck,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm using Windows 8.1 with the Saitek yoke rudder pedals and throttle quadrant. I use fsuipc to setup my controls and everything works fine. Now my yoke has done the same thing as what the OP said and when it happens it's usually when I start up a new flight. I just rock my yoke from side to side and it fixes it. So far it has only happened about 3 times out of hundreds of flight

I'm using Windows 8.1 with the Saitek yoke rudder pedals and throttle quadrant. I use fsuipc to setup my controls and everything works fine. Now my yoke has done the same thing as what the OP said and when it happens it's usually when I start up a new flight. I just rock my yoke from side to side and it fixes it. So far it has only happened about 3 times out of hundreds of flight

Is this with the 200 or the 300 and only after SP1?

Rick Hobbs

Is this with the 200 or the 300 and only after SP1?

it has happened with the 200 before the service pack. Last time it happened was 2 days ago with the 300

Try this:

To recalibrate, first unplug the yoke.

Go to start/run and type regedit.

The registry editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (CURRENT_USER if on VISTA)
System
CurrentControlSet
Control
Media Properties
Private Properties
Direct Input

Inside the Direct Input folder, delete any folder that begins VID_06A3.

Once done, close the editor. Plug the yoke back in and move all the axes (including throttle) through their full range of movement 4 times.

Now go to control panel/game controllers/properties to see if everything is ok on the test screen.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Guys ! Recently, I am using Window 8.1 for PMDG777-300er and controlling it with Saitek Pro Yoke and rudder. However, every times I exited to other program such as Vpilot( Connect to Vatsim), the Yoke and rudder will no longer available on FSX.( Unable to see in the Controller List of FSX's Control Setting). Any solution could fix this annoying problem. 

Best regards,

Joseph Wong 

I don't know much about W8 or 8.1 but I can tell you that when I installed SP1 & the 300, when I initially loaded my 300 I had that exact same scenario.

I have W7 and right now, would not change for anything. Anyhoo, that doesn't help you so here' s my thoughts.

I have tried many times to set up my hardware with the Saitek software and for me, I wouldn't go near it. I had nothing but trouble every time I tried going back to it.

Before I give up on FSUIPC I would go over to their support site and talk to Pete and also I seem to recall somewhere on these forums, some talk about a fix for the Saitek Yoke and W8.1, so I would do a search on that one.

As for what I did to correct this very problem using W7 and FSUIPC, was to go into the "Calibration" tab of FSUIPC and your Aileron setup and set up the usual all the way to the right and set, then all the way to the left and set, but when you do the centre setup play around with where you have the yoke when you hit the centre "set" button until when you go back into your cockpit and move the yoke and then let it go, it sits with that little pointer on the "zero"

Worked for me.

Good luck,

Thank you so much Buddy! Working perfect and thanks alot for all the help guys! You are the best!

Cheers

/Jacob

Hey Jacob, Glad you got it sorted.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs