Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

can you guess where this shot was taken?

Don't know where it is, but that's a great shot. Fantastic photoscenery.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Can you see Tom Cruise from up there? If you can, land and tell him he's as nuts as the rest of them.  :rolleyes:

Actually nevermind, I'm not sure you would be allowed to land there as your aircraft isn't covered in foil.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHN we're down.

Mesa Huerfanita, N.M., done by the Church of Scientology.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hmmm.  Your living room, basement, bedroom, or other room where you have your flight sim computer?  ;)

Respectfully,

Jet

hello,

You guys are close.

NM 53 San Miguel Ranch

I was flying from Santa Fe (NM) to Amarillo (TX) when I spotted that secluded airstrip and that strange ground marking. I looked up in skyvector and saw that the owner does not want his airport to be charted. It triggered my curiosity. Further research indicates that the strip belongs to the church of scientology hence the markings, that I didn't know. I landed  but Tom Cruise wasn't there. He had just tried to land with his F14 only to realize at the last second that the strip was too short . I had no choice but to console Charlie who was waiting for him  :rolleyes:   

Scenery is Simsavvy.

The shot was indeed taken from my basement.    

hello,

You guys are close.

Further research indicates that the strip belongs to the church of scientology hence the markings, that I didn't know.

Isn't that what I said?

http://m.livescience.com/25886-scientology-hidden-bunker.html

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hmmm.  Your living room, basement, bedroom, or other room where you have your flight sim computer?  ;)

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit