Sign in to follow this  
Manoj Yadav

Cruize phase, nose pointing up ⬆️

Hello People,

I have seen PMDG Aircrafts pointing the nose Up during cruize phase, is there a way we can level the aircraft after it reaches the Crz Alt ?

Best regards..

2-3 degrees are normal and realistic, if you fly at the most economic altitude for your weight. Because of that, the crew rests are pointed 3 degrees down to avoid the feeling of "lying up the hill"! :)

The nose-up attitude is normal in all aircraft. During the cruise phase, you'd expect roughly between three and five degrees nose up in most airliners.

In simple terms, this occurs due to the positive angle of attack the wing needs to maintain in order to generate enough lift to keep the plane flying level (angle of attack being the angle of the wing chord line relative to the oncoming air). This changes with airspeed, with the angle of attack decreasing as airspeed increases. It is also affected by the aircraft's flap configurations, which alter the shape of the wing to increase lift. 

The nose up will also depend on the angle that the wing is mounted at, relative to the fuselage, which can be different, depending on the aircraft. This is why some aircraft, such as the B-52, seem to fly level with their nose pointing down, as the wing is mounted to the fuselage at a relatively large positive angle (known as the angle of incidence).

So, in answer to your question, there really isn't a way to reduce the nose up attitude, but I assure you that this is fully realistic. The next time you're flying on a real aircraft, take a walk up and down the aisle. You'll notice a very slight incline when walking towards the front of the aircraft, which would be the nose up attitude you are referring to.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Regards.

I have seen PMDG Aircrafts pointing the nose Up during cruize phase, is there a way we can level the aircraft after it reaches the Crz Alt ?

This is normal.

Kyle Rodgers

I have seen PMDG Aircrafts pointing the nose Up during cruize phase

I'll be the fourth or fifth.  This is normal.