Sign in to follow this  
Tushka

Pulling out a joystick & laptop out of your carry on

Hey all!

I have a stupid question to ask, and I'm a bit buzzed right so I might not be in my right mind. But there's one issue I've been wondering in my head such as if you're flying as a passenger in a real commercial airliner at cruise level. And you suddenly open your carry on bag and pull out a laptop and a joystick, you put the laptop on your tray table and the joystick on your lap and fire on let's say a plane exactly the same type you fly in... What would normally happen?

My bet is you'll be asked to put it away, or something worse such as paranoia passengers trying to arrest you and tape you with duct tape onto your seat, but maybe not?

Not gonna do it, just curious :db:

Hey all!

I have a stupid question to ask, and I'm a bit buzzed right so I might not be in my right mind. But there's one issue I've been wondering in my head such as if you're flying as a passenger in a real commercial airliner at cruise level. And you suddenly open your carry on bag and pull out a laptop and a joystick, you put the laptop on your tray table and the joystick on your lap and fire on let's say a plane exactly the same type you fly in... What would normally happen?

My bet is you'll be asked to put it away, or something worse such as paranoia passengers trying to arrest you and tape you with duct tape onto your seat, but maybe not?

Not gonna do it, just curious :db:

Nah I used to do it when I was a kid, My dad was a 747-400 captain so if mom and I went on trips with him I'd load up FS2000 and the PSS 747-400 and fly along with the plane. It took the bore out of the 12 hour flight to Narita.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

There is no security risk in what you are doing other then people will think you are a  :Nerd:

The person sitting next to you will definitely :rolleyes:  

Other then the strange factor it would be fine so have fun  :p0504:

Matthew Kane

Wear a uniform, maybe you could BS everyone into believing you were the captain and you were flying the plane from a laptop, you could invite the kids up to have a turn at controlling the airplane :smile:

Enjoy the buzz, I am, lol.

Well, Who knows! But personally I wouldn't do it. Not because I'd be embarrassed ( I wouldn't be) but because I'd be afraid it might get a bad reception. Not sayin it would but who knows. Lets here from someone who has done it!

Well, Who knows! But personally I wouldn't do it. Not because I'd be embarrassed ( I wouldn't be) but because I'd be afraid it might get a bad reception. Not sayin it would but who knows. Lets here from someone who has done it!

A laptop and joystick will likely get you more funny looks than anything. Especially as you will probably need to use your neighbour's lap for room due to the ever shrinking seat sizes on airliners today.

On the other hand, this will almost certainly get you in trouble.

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2007/05/joke_thatll_get_1.html

A laptop and joystick will likely get you more funny looks than anything. Especially as you will probably need to use your neighbour's lap for room due to the ever shrinking seat sizes on airliners today.

On the other hand, this will almost certainly get you in trouble.

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2007/05/joke_thatll_get_1.html

Now that's one I will definitely try on my next flight!

Now that's one I will definitely try on my next flight!

Quite possibly you will miss that "next flight, while the joystick is being investigated by the security folks at the gate.

january

Quite possibly you will miss that "next flight, while the joystick is being investigated by the security folks at the gate.

january

I've flown with Saitek gear when I moved from America to New Zealand...they don't care

Matthew Kane

I've flown with Saitek gear when I moved from America to New Zealand...they don't care

LOL, good to know as I thought every single passenger would jump on you as there's a lot of paranoia going on about terrorism these days.

Personally with all this security, I do not think we will ever see an air crash again unless government paid with some sort of agenda... Must be something special since subway/buses/trains have less security and you don't see as many terrorist attacks in them.

There is no security risk in what you are doing other then people will think you are a  :Nerd:

The person sitting next to you will definitely :rolleyes:  

Other then the strange factor it would be fine so have fun  :p0504:

I've only flown in the simulator on an actual flight once....although the person sitting next to me was my dad, so nothing really happened....

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Pretty sure if you loaded up FSX with a joystick and loaded up a freeware missle and aimed it at an airliner from AI traffic...that might freak someone out. 

It would freak me out.

This would probably fall under the heading "Get a Life". Put down the simulator and enjoy the scenery. :lol: