Sign in to follow this  
rahat118

PMDG 777 No touchdown smoke

Hi guys,

I have an issue with my FSX/pmdg . There is no touchdown smoke for the 777. When i try the PMDG 737 its fine.Anyone know what could have caused this?

Also guys has the PMDG 77W simulated the screen to the right of the yoke in the picture below ( right of the FO yoke) , near where the bottle of water is in the image below.

ANZ2.jpg

Thanks for your help !

Not sure about tire smoke on landing never checked or watch for that.

That the EFB and no its not simulated or in the 777.  I use my IPAD as an EFB; it doesn't use any VAS. 

Sean Green

Not sure about tire smoke on landing never checked or watch for that.

That the EFB and no its not simulated or in the 777.  I use my IPAD as an EFB; it doesn't use any VAS. 

Thanks for the quick reply . and yea true i land in VC but it seems so weird know that i know.

I`ve got the same problem with no smoking tires during touch down landing. No issue with the 737NGX,but doesnt work at 777-200/300.

It this a known bug/issue. Any Solution?

Thanks in Advance.

Have you watched your landing live to see if it's a playback issue (know with certain animations via FSrecorder and fsx instant replay), or an fsx/pmdg issue? For example, FSrecorder shows all animations with the NGX on playback, however there are certain animations with the 777 (flaps,ailerons, speed brakes, etc) that don't show. If you do a search, you will find discussions on this.

John

No smoke on touchdown in the 777 but smoke in the 737? That can mean only one thing - you're not very good at landing the 737 but you're absolutely greasing the landings in the 777!!! :lol:

Have you watched your landing live to see if it's a playback issue (know with certain animations via FSrecorder and fsx instant replay), or an fsx/pmdg issue? For example, FSrecorder shows all animations with the NGX on playback, however there are certain animations with the 777 (flaps,ailerons, speed brakes, etc) that don't show. If you do a search, you will find discussions on this.

John

I think it`s a fsx/pmdg issue, because I am not using FSrecorder. Also no problems with animations like flaps,ailerons,speed brakes etc. ,only the smoke issue, and only with pmdg 777.

I think it`s a fsx/pmdg issue, because I am not using FSrecorder. Also no problems with animations like flaps,ailerons,speed brakes etc. ,only the smoke issue, and only with pmdg 777.

Yes you are correct. I found when i change the aircraft cgf to defualt smoke it works.

But not the PMDG smoke

The problem is these two lines of the file, fx_PMDG_777_tchdwn_smoke.bmp end of file add these values ​​and everything works perfect.

Greetings

\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Effects  fx_PMDG_777_tchdwn_smoke.bmp

[Particle.0]

Face=1,0,1

DX9OrigFace=1, 1, 1

[Particle.1]

Face=1,0,1

DX9OrigFace=1, 1, 1

[Particle.2]

Face=1,0,1

DX9OrigFace=1, 1, 1

[Particle.3]