Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

My latest adventure, TU-154

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Chances are the stumbling blocks to saving are inherent to the sim rather than something the designers "decided" to incorporate. These panels are essentially a bunch of individual little programs in and of themselves and the fact of the matter is they are way more complex than the sim is actually set up to handle. There are often problems with saving game states when you're dealing with the really complex add-ons like this. It's also the reasonit's usually recommended to load complex add-ons over the defualt cessna...otherwise all those little programs (the guages - often many of which are actually "hidden" but controlling some aspect of the planes operation) don't initialize properly and you get all sorts of funky behavior...

Mike, you should charge us for the priviledge of flying this a/c. It's simply stunning in its detail and complexity. I am amazed at the improvement. Excellent job and thank you very much for your overly generous contribution to our hobby.best

Guest mikealpha

Hornit,I understand the issue, I'm also sometimes in the mood to just quickly load a plane and fly. But with the Tu-154 it's different, I don't want to miss that engine start sound :DSeriously : The problem is, with that many variables and custom gauges, FS does not load a saved state correctly on the runway with engines running. Some parameters come back in a weird state. After some minutes in flight with the plane in a clean configuration, it works. So that six minutes waiting time before saving was not done to nerve the users, there was no other choice for the moment. However, that subject is still under investigation.Mike

Hello Mike, your Tupolev may well become my favourite a/c !and I agree one cannot miss the TU-154 startup sound! :9I would say don't change a thing ..the harder it is to learn the more one will enjoy it in the end :-hahregardsEdhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109292.jpg"You don't stop playing 'cause you get old. You get old 'cause you stop playing."

I feel it's a cop out lacking the initiative to learn a complex add-on. We need a few of these in our community. If someone wants to jump in and fly there

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I completely agree with Ed and Dillon, don't change a thing.:D You guys did an AMAZING job!!!THANK YOU!!!:-)

Guest bigun

Here here Dillon!!! I agree 100%

Guest pugsley

There is a "lite" version of the TU154-B2 available at avsim.com in tu154b2_mal.zip by Tibor Kokai. It has a 2D panel and VC but without the complex engine management features.If you want to simplify the pt_tu154_v9.4 for your own use then edit the panel.cfg to cut and paste the 2D panel from tu154_b2 to replace the 2D panel in pt_tu154_v9.4 while retaining the VC in pt_tu154_v9.4.All the complexity of engine management and joystick functions is in the gauges for the pt_tu154_v9.4 2D panel only.Then Control+E to start engines and you are off like a wounded wippet.The simple choice is up to you. I bet the Russians are still laughing.

I dont want anything changed either!!!!!!! I just want a simpler 2D panel to complete what is obviuosly a stellar package. I just see this add on as a bit one sided. If this kind of masochism floats your boat then more power to you! No criticism is intended, I just want to FLY!!!! :) Im going to try and figure out this TU-154 lite deal, thanks for the tip. Dillon, You did not need to post that mess, or are you just trolling? I do agree there are plenty of add-ons to have fun with, payware and freeware. I vote with my feet and my money.Hornit

pugsley,could you be a bit more specific about waht exactly to do? Found the aircraft and have the panel, Am I simply replacing the new models 2d panel section with the one from the older simple panel? which guages go where? Please provide specific step by step, much appreciated.Hornit

Guest pugsley

Yes, you can replace the new model's 2D panel section in the panel.cfg with the 2D panel section from the older simpler model. This means replacing the panel .bmp files in the panel folder as well because they are the 2D panel.The easiest way to do this is:1. In the pt_tu154_v9.4 folder, rename the panel folder to panel.original2. Copy the panel folder from tu154-b2 to pt_tu154_v9.43. In this replacement panel folder in pt_tu154_v9.4, open the panel.cfg file and remove the VC section and save the file.4. Open the panel.cfg file in panel.original and copy the VC section to clipboard.5. Go back to the panel.cfg in the replacement panel folder and paste the VC section into the file and save.6. Your panel folder in pt_tu154_v9.4 has the bitmap files from the older model tu154-b2 and the panel.cfg file has the 2D panel section from tu154-b2 plus the VC section from pt_tu154_v9.4The gauges from both models should be in your FS9/Gauges folder.You will still have the original panel folder if you wish to use it.

Guest Matt Johnson

It's interesting that Tom says this. In his absence, a group of the AVSIM staff had a conference call (mainly discussing the 2005 Conference in San Diego), and this very subject came up, with exactly this conclusion.A few people have said "So, why don't the developers make 'lite' versions available?" The big problem here is that making two versions of an aircraft means yet more development time with questionable final gain. This is "less important" for a freeware developer perhaps, but for commercial organizations it might turn them from a "three aircraft per year" shop to "one and a half per year" because of the extra work that needs to go into the version for the "casual simmer", as it were.Matt

Guest Boone

I've been thinking about this one and in all seriousness would you expect (or even ask) PMDG or Level D to make a "Lite Version" of their products?I personally think it's madness to suggest such a thing. We have untold amounts of freeware and payware products of excellent quality that cater for a more casual approach to simming. I don't think anybody's losing out at all.The systems in this product are mind boggling and I for one LOVE that.Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

:-lol you don't have to ask ..just do!I know of someone who bought the PMDG 737 then removed the panel (as he found it too complex) and inserted like a default panel! :-eek Well he is happy .. everybody is happy! :-sun1I found RFP 742 difficult to start with, but now I can start from coldwith my eyes shut! :-hahI am quite sure that given time the TU-154 will be the same and the rewards tenfold! :)regardsEdhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109292.jpg"You don't stop playing 'cause you get old. You get old 'cause you stop playing."

The Tu-154 looks excellent - congratulations to Mikalpha and the team :)