Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

My latest adventure, TU-154

Guest mikealpha

Regarding the AP problems, could you post a screenshot of main panel incl. the AP and Overhead panel at our forum, http://www.protu-154.com/forum ? For now, check if the button on the upper right of the AP panel lights up, it is labelled SBROS PROGR (Can't write cyrillic characters here). It is located above A3-II. It must light up, that's a kind of proof the AP has been correctly initialized. If it doesn't light up, set the CAY-CTY switch (208) on the Overhead to off and on again. Thanks for pointing out the manual errors, still some stuff slipped through during proof-reading :-rollMike

Guest ThrottleUp

martinlest2-This made all the autopilot buttons work for me:Go to the aircraft.cfg and see the first line in the [autopilot] section. Change the value to "1" (it is set to "0" by default)So:[autopilot]autopilot_available=1 :)

Now that is SO annoying, 'cos last night it occurred to me about the 'autopilot available' setting in the cfg file (many times I have had to change autothrottle available to 1 when it was set to 0) - then clean forgot all about it (encroaching senility!). Thanks for the reminder - it was set to 0 as default (can't think why), and I have changed it.I haven't tested out the results yet, but I am hopeful that when I fly again with the Tupolev later today, all will be well. I'll post back if not (and post a screenshot, as requested).Thanks,Martin

Guest mikealpha

Guys, the Tu-154 has its own autopilot and flight director. This setting is NOT needed.Please follow my advice above.Mike

Mike,Things going well, especially as I get quicker at going through the powering up procedure - I assume by the way that the 'PITANIE AT' indicated on p.26 para 3 - not labelled as such as far as I can see - is switch 24 on p.32 (not 25). The dead AP responds to switch 208 being turned off and on again, as you suggested, so I seem to have that solved. Thanks.The main problem now is that, although I set up my joystick (Logitech 3D Pro) before I began - lights came up as described, and ascribing the buttons seemed OK too, I can't get to trim to work at all - up and down both dead. Any suggestions? (Is my joystick OK with this programme? I have a MS Sidewinder Precision 2 as well, but don't use it much).Just one 'niggle'. I don't know if you can suggest anything here: The cabin .wav files, and especially the warning sirens, are SO much louder than my ATC that if I have ATC and engines at a reasonable level, when a claxon goes off I almost die of fright (as do the neighbours no doubt). Can I turn down these files in the sound cfg file?Thanks!Martin----------------------------------------------Apparently this was really said by some wacky cabin attendent: "In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask and pull it over your face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are travelling with more than one small child, pick your favourite." :-)

Guest mikealpha

Martin,I don't know the Logitech stick, but have also a Sidewinder 2 and there it works well.Your assigned trim function got confirmed with the yellow OK light in the Shift-7 panel and you have stored it ?You can check it in the cfg file, that's where the Joystick functions are stored (../gauges/Tu154_cfg/Tu154_gau.cfg). Look for the parameters ap_trimm_up_key and ap_trimm_dn_key.Also in the window illustrating the PA-56 functionality (see manual page 115) you can check in the panel, if the custom elevator trim is working.In the same cfg file at the bottom you can change the sound level of the various signal and warning sounds. Don't have in my mind, which one is which, maybe just try changing the values.Mike

Sorry, lots more questions! I hope they will help others here on the forum, not just me!OK, I disable the joystick, ang go through the setup as in the manual - e.g. Ailerons, choose 11. The two windows below both say 'No'; the bottom one is blank. I then press the '3AP' button (lights up red). Go on to Elevator .....For the buttons, I choose Trim Up, for instance, which I want as button 4 on my joystick, so choose 104 then press the button on my joystick. Green light comes up 'OK'. Same for button 3, Trim down: choose 103 & press button - green 'OK' light.Not sure what you mean by have I stored it. I can't see anything else about this is the manual. Does what I have done not store it? (What does the green button (4T - approximation to script) to the left of the 3AP button do?). Well, apparently not, because all the values in the joystick part of the cfg file are still at zero. Can I edit this file manually to get the buttons ascribed?Will any buttons I don't ascribe a function in this setup panel work in their default FS mode, or will they be dead? If so, I can't see how to enable the hat-switch for views: it's listed in the manual, but there's no option in the setup panel for it as far as I can see. Again, if I can manually edit the cfg file I am beginning to think that it would be a lot easier.I assume I re-enable the joystick again when I have done? (If I don't nothing moves at all).Further advice much appreciated. I've edited the sound entries - will have to do it by trial and error.Thanks again for your continued support Mike. This is one aircraft that I feel is worth all the effort to get it right!Martin

Sounds like you have not stored your joystick settings ....if I remember rightly (I'm not at home) it was a red button on the right hand middle of that panel.I am using the CH Products yoke ...jus' wish i had a few more buttons on it!One does not reactivate one's joystick btw.regardsEdhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109292.jpg"You don't stop playing 'cause you get old. You get old 'cause you stop playing."

Mike,(and Ed - thanks for pointing out that I leave the joystick disabled. It does help!!).I am almost there. The problem with the joystick was that I was not saving each joystick button configuration with the red 3AP button after I got the green OK light. Now the cfg file has all my button configurations. Last time I tried to takeoff, there were suddenly no ailerons or elevators and I just spedalong the grond - but I am sure I will get it sorted.The one question I have left, for now!, is whether I can add my own joystick configurations to the cfg file? I use a Nostromo N52 keypad (from Belkin) which takes over all my keyboard functions, so I use the joystick buttons normally for views (like changing cockpit views, cycling through spot, cockpit etc. views, zoom in and out and so on). The options provided, views/hat excepted, are not much use to me as I have them covered with the N52. If I can add my own parameters to the cfg file, what is the correct syntax? I am a bit lost without the options I am used to, so hope I can change the defaults.Finally, I took screenshots of all the panels and using Photoshop have added numbers to show the order in which buttons should activated to end up with an air ready plane at the runway: 1 to 106! This makes starting the plane up very easy indeed - just follow the numbers (though I do now know what all the buttons do - I don't start up zombie-like!). If anyone wanted to print this off, I'm very willing to post jpegs here, but just wanted to check that those who put this wonderful package together had no objections.Hope to hear Mike, at least about customising the cfg file. Thanks again for your time and help!Martin :-)

Guest ThrottleUp

<<<< added numbers to show the order in which buttons should activated to end up with an air ready plane at the runway >>>>Now thats a great idea :)

Guest mikealpha

Martin,>> Last time I tried to takeoff, there were suddenly no ailerons or elevators and I just spedalong the grond - but I am sure I will get it sorted.Maybe boosters were not switched on (the three switches in the little green box). Without hydraulic pressure no boosters, without boosters control surfaces won't move. As I assume you had hydraulic pressure, could be the booster switches :) >> The one question I have left, for now!, is whether I can add my own joystick configurations to the cfg file? I'm afraid not. At the moment there are 24 Tu-154 relevant button functions and 8 coolie hat functions. But there's a new Joystick-Interface in development, easier to use and also adding much more button functionality.It will come in Version 9.5, among some other surprises :DMike

Guest ThrottleUp

edetroit - Hahaa did u put a TCAS in there? :)

No, boosters were on. I managed to sort it out by experimenting with the axis settings in the joystick setup. Now everything works just fine. Pity I can't add my own joystick settings though - look forward to version 9.5!!That said (I'll go over to the 'protu' forum and post these, but any ready answers here will be welcome of course) there are still a few mysteries. Maybe someone has an idea what is wrong.1. The aircaft seems to slip from side to side far too easily whilst taxiing - it's very hard to keep it on a straight line - like it's on ice, even at pretty low taxi speeds. Is there something I can alter in the cfg file to fix this?2. Start up now seems relatively straight forward - I am failry sure that I do it right. But half the time the landing gear status indicator (135 on main panel) doesn't light up, so when I put flaps down I get a permanent siren: other half the times the lights come on red, then go green, and flaps go down fine. Am I missing something to cause the problem?3. In level flight at 28000 ft. (again this is just half the time - other 50% OK!) I can't get any speed at all. The AOA warning light comes on, only corrected by some flaps (!!). I've tried everything I can think of on the right side of the AP, but finally the plane stalls with throttles at max. Taking AP off completely doesn't help, there's just no power. Very frustrating to crash after so much preparation.4. (Last one!) Another 50% of flights problem!! I can't operate the AP because both the bank channel failure lights are up. Don't know why - pretty sure I set the flight up the same each time (it's becoming almost automatic!). Switching 208 off and on makes no difference....Thanks, as ever!Martin :-)