Sign in to follow this  
Guest ponyboy

FS9 tells us the max number of scenery.cfg entries

Guest KChapman

Just a heads up to those who've asked before and not gotten an answer.Poking around in language.dll, I found this in Resource 3933:"SCENERY.CFG has too many sections in it. The maximum number of sections is about 1000. Click ABORT to Exit Flight Simulator."I haven't put even close to that many in myself, so I can't say from experience...Kevin

Thanks for that, Kevin!The abundance of great scenery for FS9 had me wondering when the CFG would explode.JackD

Hmmm ... thanks, Kevin. The max in FS2002 was 331 layers, after which FS2002 would not accept any more entries; I'm at 329 now in FS9, despite massive consolidation, so here goes, LOL ..... testing, testing ......Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest jennifer

Yes thanks for that. I was wondering when the problems would start, but I'm way below that so I'll breathe a sigh of relief.

I have a long way to go before my scenery cfg reaches 1,000. Im only at 241 now!

Question: how does one find out the numbers you are referring to???

Guest ThrottleUp

KChapman-V. interesting! Well done on finding that one out.Im not even close to any of you guys!!!! I got a few centuries to go before I fill mine up!:)

Guest KChapman

Dick,Sorry it took so long for me to see your question. Long weekend away from the computer. Directly from the website:"Resource HackerTM is a freeware utility to view, modify, rename, add, delete and extract resources in 32bit Windows executables and resource files (*.res). It incorporates an internal resource script compiler and decompiler and works on Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT, Win2000 and WinXP operating systems."You can still get v3.4 here:http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/You simply open language.dll with Resource Hacker, expand the String Table folder, expand and select resource 3933 (single clicking on its 1033), and examine string 62913. A handy little tool with many more uses than I have time to explore, for sure. A man's gotta fly...:-)Kevin

Guest ponyboy

1000? Good.... now I have something to shoot for!