Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

DES Updating weather forecast!

Updating weather forecast!

First, using PFPX to make flight plan, load sheets etc and WX file. (using ASN weather engine/ASN running ofc)

Load flight plan in fsx.

Within the 777/300 load/request flight plan works great.

Load WX all works great.

DES page load forecast, again all works great.

Now….

Without going outside FSX/Alt tab etc is it possible to get current up to date weather without making a new WX file with PFPX.

It would be very nice before TOD to be able to request the “current” forecast for the DES page.

Is this possible?

A very long wait but the 300 and SP1 is stunning. Love hand flying the jumbo 172 :)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Reread the SP release notes carefully. It is entirely possible to request updated enroute winds and DES winds without having to create a .wx file.

Yeah, it is possible.

Don't create a WX file in PFPX at all.

In the CDU, go to simulation options, page 7. Set FSX PLN FILE FOR WX there.

In ASN go to settings-> general options-> Auto load simulator flight plan. Tick that to yes.

Now, what happens, everytime you request wind data (either for the route or descent), the CDU will put a wx.pln file into the Documents\Flight Simulator X folder. This wx.pln file will contain your departure, route, arrival, as well as alternates and altitudes.

ASN will detect the file and automatically import the route, and create a wx file for your PMDG to load, which it will do, because you recquested a forecast.

In the CDU you can also set INCLUDE ALTNS IN PLN. Then ASN also will give you the forecasts for your flight alternates.

EDIT: Everytime your ASN gets a new weather download this will also be available for you via datalink. So on a long flight, you might want to get the forecasts several times.

I had read the new SP1 notes, but not well enough!

Thanks Jonathan for the reply, it's nice when someone take the same amount of time to do an informative reply than one like Alex.

Thanks again Jonathan.

EDIT: I had read about setting ASN but already had them setting but ofc did not read closely. I wrongly thought I was good to go.

No WX save from PFPX...OK!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks Jonathan for the reply, it's nice when someone take the same amount of time to do an informative reply than one like Alex.

It was just as informative, though Jonathan's simply allowed you to not do the work by yourself.  While you may appreciate not having to do the legwork yourself, that doesn't mean you should chastise Alex for taking the time to respond.

It's not his fault you did not read the manual (closely), and it's not his job to read things for you.

Kyle Rodgers

Now Now Kyle, your talking to one of subscribers on You tube.

Yes I was at fault for no reading more closely the SP1 notes. For your information they were the first thing I read before even looking at the 300.

So guilty as charged but still nice to get a reply as to where I went wrong. Not just I was "wrong" bang on the head :(
Will leave it at that.

Thanks interesting so don't make a wx file in PFPX?

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Thanks interesting so don't make a wx file in PFPX?

That is correct. The only file you want to create in PFPX is the file for the CDU to load. If you want to enter the flight plan manually, you don't create any file in PFPX.

Here, I made a short video to explain the process a bit better:

The quality should get better in a few minutes, I just uploaded it. Also apologzie my English pronaunciation. Since Arnold Schwarnzenegger it should be known that we can't pronounce English.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan

you might want to get the forecasts several times.

It is not a forecast. It is snapshot of current conditions at the waypoints of your route.

Jonathan,

Many thanks for a very clear and informative video.

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

It is not a forecast. It is snapshot of current conditions at the waypoints of your route.

Not entirely true...

Via ASN WX files?  It's how you describe.

Via PFPX WX files?  Not how you describe - PFPX uses forecast wind.

This is why I get so bent out of shape when people say "this is how you should set up your sim," and go on and on about ASN...

Kyle Rodgers

Via ASN WX files? It's how you describe.

Via PFPX WX files? Not how you describe - PFPX uses forecast wind.

Please look at the post I am referring to.

Please look at the post I am referring to.

This is why it's important to quote all relevant information from the original post...otherwise the quote is worthless.

Kyle Rodgers

John many thanks for the video

Regis Biassala