Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

DES Updating weather forecast!

This is why it's important to quote all relevant information from the original post...otherwise the quote is worthless.

Kyle

The only reason I was doing selective quotes was so the poster received an e-mail and was aware that his post had been replied to. Apparently that's gone down the toilet on Avsim. I never received any e-mails indicating that you had replied to my posts. I just happened to see them while looking for something else.

The only reason I was doing selective quotes was so the poster received an e-mail and was aware that his post had been replied to.

I get that, and that's the reason I do it, too, but you can't just use it as an email alerter.  People reading your posts also read the quoted post to see what you're referring to.  It's unreasonable to ask people to go find (or click the link to) the original post simply because you're quoting without context.

Apparently that's gone down the toilet on Avsim. I never received any e-mails indicating that you had replied to my posts.

I still get them.  Perhaps you've de-selected the option, or they're getting filtered by your email provider.

Kyle Rodgers

I still get them. Perhaps you've de-selected the option, or they're getting filtered by your email provider.

Kyle

I have not changed any options and if you mean junk e-mail by filtered there is nothing in that folder. It's like the selective quote option. It works sometimes and sometime it doesn't.

At the risk of getting pelters

A forecast is just that. a forecast.

If you request it for a destination that is hours away, by the time you get there it may well be different from the original forecast .

So in my opinion getting a snapshot of the weather at the destination from an hour out is possibly more accurate than the original forecast

Pete Little

A forecast is just that. a forecast.

You are right. When you think of forecasts just think of the weather girl or guy on the evening news and how wrong they often are.