Sign in to follow this  
bluepoole

Two problems with the 777 - please help if possible

I have installed the 777-200 SP1 and -300ER expansion, and have the following two problems, maybe someone on here could help me:

1. When descending with the 777-200, sometimes (not always) it will stop descending, and try to maintain a random altitude. While doing this the airspeed will drop to dangerous levels...yet in the FMC the speed on the "descend" page ("VNAV" page) will show a realistic value. I have not experienced this effect with the 777-300ER, the latter will fly the same route perfectly and descend normally, and maintain the FMC speed

2. For a test flight I've decided to fly Doha OTBD to OMDB...I am selecting OMDB's runway 30L as my arrival, and with the 777-200 and 300, the approach, as indicated by the pink route line drawn by the FMC, looks very weird. It looks perfect with the 737 NGX. I've tested the same route with the 747-400 and that is also not correct. So I guess I have the same problem with the 747.

See link to a picture to understand what I mean. I have not yet discovered a similar problem at another airport, but the problem could be present elsewhere as well, I suppose.

In all three aircraft, the route page on the FMC shows SEDPO - ILS30L - RWY30L. The legs page shows SEDPO - MODUS - RWY30L. So I feel the programming of the FMC was done correctly. With the NGX, it flies the route and approach perfectly. With the 777's it follows those weird curves and mess up the approach completely. The 747 does not even go to the SEDPO fix!

Any help would be appreciated!

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu143/bluepoole/402b3b6586a1be2bc7d16732a9fc5ea7_zps58cb740f.jpg