Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob I

Veneaviones Turbo Commander 690B help

Can someone please explain the propper way to trim this plane? When I take off and try to fly this plane it always tries to climb and I have to push and hold the stick foward just to keep the plane level.

Guest allcott

Even when you use elevator trim?Allcott

I try elevator trim too but I guess Im just doing it wrong.

I don't know if this is the "right" way, but I found that I have to trim the nose *down* before take-off (about 5-10 clicks on my yoke trim button), then she takes off and clims quite nicely.

Graeme Butler

You seem to have to use about -6 (nose down) trim either before or immediately after take off and push the yoke through the firewall. Even then this bird takes of like an F16 on steroids rapidly accelerating towards 200 knots. I suppose this models the real plane but would be interested to hear from anyone with real world experience to confirm this (apart from the developers that is). An Aero Commnder turbo does a courier run most evenings at about 1700 from my local airport (YMER) have been meaning to go down and have a closer look at how it is done in the real aircraft.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest Larry_KMSO

My problem is not takeoff trim but setting up the approach. Has anyone unearthed a downloadable OEM (Rockwell official) POH for the 690B? I did a google search and didn't turn up one. I saw and read the POH that Veneaviones included in the package but I think it contains only parts of the OEM version? (I'm hoping for info on approach speeds, etc.)BTW, thanks to Arnoldo Perdomo and crew at Veneaviones! Great aircraft. I've really enjoyed "flying" the 690.Larry

Guest Bob I

Hi,This great aircraft need just a little help to make it near perfect. The default trim need to be fixed, but once you understand that it need a bunch of nose down before you release the brakes, all is OK. Now the biggie, and it must be easy to fix if you know how, and that is, the Fuel Feed. The present situation is that it's set to crossfeed, and both engines feed from the right tank, which soon results in a wing heavy trim condition that can't be fixed, unless you go and change the fuel load every fifteen minutes. How do you fix the cfg file to feed Tank to Engine? It must be simple.... PleaseOld Layabout... in sunny Florida

Guest Bob I

Hi Larry,Seeing that there is no printed info, here is what works for me. Downwind, speed set for 140 kts indicated. Turn base, flaps 50, gear down, speed should bleed to 120 kts, with the increased drag, no throttle adjustment necessary. Turn final, flaps full down, adjust throttles for 100 kts. Hold 100 kts. over the fence, a little back presssure on the stick, ease the throttles toward idle, touchdown 90 kts., let the nose fall through till the nose wheel is on the ground. Throttles in reverse, and she will Whoa in a hurry........Regards,Bob

Thanks guys! -6 nose down trim worked perfectly. It now flies nice and level without having to push foward on the joystick.

I did a google search on this as well and came up short. Did however find some interesting accident investigation reports. What is starting to emerge is that this almost very fine aircraft needs just a bit more work.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest rleiro

Hi everyone:Before all, thank you for downloading our 690B, your support makes us to keep on the track of freeware and be sure that our forthcoming beech King Air 200 will also fulfill your expectancies.About the Fuel issue problem, I've checked out and found the solution (at least for me works): Open your aircraft.cfg using notepad, then in the section "FUEL", you will find the following:fuel//Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)fuel_type = 2number_of_tank_selectors = 2LeftMain = 0, -10, 2.07, 192, 0RightMain = 0, 10, 2.07, 192, 0electric_pump=0You will have to change "number_of_tank_selectors = 2" to "number_of_tank_selectors = 1". The section now will look as this:fuel_type = 2number_of_tank_selectors = 1LeftMain = 0, -10, 2.07, 192, 0RightMain = 0, 10, 2.07, 192, 0electric_pump=0Hope this works.About trim settings for the 690B: We'll try to get them and during the following weeks a service pack for the 690B will be released along with a 2nd version of our manual. If any of you have the trim settings and want to share them with us, please mail them to veneaviones@cantv.net, also if you want to share your flight techniques with people can also drop us a few lines.On behalf of Veneaviones, thank you very much.

Guest nigelb

Thanks for the fuel selector fix. You guys did a fantastic job on this aircraft! Looking forward to the service pack to make a great aircraft even greater.

Guest Bob I

After modifying the cfg file as directed, I still had the engines feeding from the right tank only?? As I seemed to be the only one with a problem, I trash canned the aircraft, new download, changed the tank selector from 2 to 1.... guess what.. works fine. Stupid Computer.Layabout

Guest grhgor

I might be wrong, but when I fly with autopilot and I switch from Heading to Nav to catch a VOR's radial , the plane turns the right way BUT it misses the radial (flies even further).Its a great plane and I love flying it but this problem is serious for me. PLEASE HELP!

I might be wrong, but when I fly with autopilot and I switch from Heading to Nav to catch a VOR's radial , the plane turns the right way BUT it misses the radial (flies even further).Its a great plane and I love flying it but this problem is serious for me. PLEASE HELP!
I love this plane also, but only one problem. The altimeter supplied with the download (rp733_alt) is no longer supported for FSX. Has someone found a replacement gauge that is supported ?Also, my VC view looks like the windshield is iced over ??? :( Actually, the windows look reflective, like a mirror. Anybody else seen this ?Thanks,Dave HinsonEDIT: Here's a picture