Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

22Jul14 - Sp1 Monitoring Items Updated

Is anyone getting FPS drops when using the dome and master brightness knobs?

Also, is anyone getting ops center telling them to restore liveries that are already present and running correctly?

:S

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Hi all,

I've been getting the pause issue - i'm currently flying from LOWW to OMDB with ASN and the weather radar on and it's pausing more often than usual - twice so far and i've been in the air for 20 minutes...

Could it be something with the weather integration that's making it worse?

Jamie Boreham

Thanks RSR for this update, nice to see your efforts after release to help people who have these kind of issues.

Regarding PAUSES, for my case: 

I had already this particular point with the NGX (it happened a few times some months after I installed it). It's really a PAUSE, the simulator stops working , and it is ALWAYS during 8 minutes (not less, not more). It was happening really randomly and stopped to happen without doing anything. 

When I have installed the 777-200LR the issue happened again, still 8 minutes, and the simulator always continues working on after this pause. What I have done is set my FSX settings a little bit lower, For the time being it did not happened any more, finger crossed.

I have also seen some topics on other forums which are called "8 minutes freeze" but unsolved yet, and note that what I've read was not concerning especially PMDG products.

@Robert,

The issue we were talking about with the prog page, is that on the list? Or am I somehow using an old panel state?

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

The issues I had with two flights with the 777 SP1 is not really pauses but a complete system reboot, once mid flight while programming the FMC for an offset course to avoid weather (WX radar active at that time), and once on final approach into LOWW at 10 DME RWY 29. My system never did that before, and it has been stable for over two years now.

What I did do afterwards is go into the advanced system settings (Win7 x64) and uncheck "Restart system on error detection" or something alike.

I also downclocked my CPU from 4.4ghz to 4.2ghz because I suspected it might have run a little hot (again, had no problems running at 4.4 during two years, but did it just as a precaution).

Did one full flight after that (EGLL - OMDB) and everything went fine, didn't have the restart issue, but might be a coincidence too. More tests will need to determine if that indeed solved the problem.

But anyway good to know you guys are planning to release a fix for the pauses mentioned, many thanks for that !

Mathieu

Mathieu Souphy

Thank you Robert,(and team of course). the 8X issue  was the only thing giving me less than 100% enjoyment of the aircraft. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

As always PMDG doing the best job they can. Thanks for the update Mr Robert. Hope the 8x/16x time acceleration can be solved. Is the only issue i have

I am writing this because it might help, I used to have a freeze/pause where screen freezes and becomes unusable - didn't try then the F9 or lights or fuel pumps switches-......1) Not only with PMDG products.....2) at flights exceeds 750nm......It could be minutes up to 1/2 an hour.......3) The engine still consumes fuel.......4) I learned that once it happened  it will happen again at same flight......5) if freeze took than half an hour I know it's useless to continue the flight so I abort.........7) I knew if I reduce details it will happen less......8) plane was unflyble for longer than 750nm ......

I am no expert.....when I did some research on the net for sometime .....I came to the following steps which I applied carefully......with all details set to MAX.

·         I deleted FSX.cfg

·         I use CCleaner every two weeks

·         I used FS_Registrey_Repair from Flight 1 like every month

·         I used from AVSIM FSX CTD Guide, I increased Heap Limitation, tool from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947246 ( because I have two screens and I will have about 5 windows running at same time)

·         I added the file UIAutomationCore.dll V. 6.0.6001.1800 to FSX root........ I added/corrected to FSX.cfg the following lines:

[bufferPools]

BufferPools=1

PoolSize=10485760

RejectThreshold=524288

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

[Graphics]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

[Display]

WideViewAspect=True

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1

After implementing the above I made 10s of flights goes up to 7,000nm with no problem in-whatsoever......the only occurring is a pause of a second or less and mostly at taxiing or departure phases ! everything else goes just fine. 

So Now I am 99.5% satisfied but I thought I would right this here also so you can see my computer specifications 

Thank you PMDG :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

In the mean time- make certain you have a flight plan and path all the way to the ground and you won't run into THIS problem. 

Does this include STAR vectors?  Do we need to tell the airplane to proceed after the vector to IAF or can we assume heading select to intercept the ILS? 

Just to let u know, I am experiencing this on shorter legs as well. Any length really. Pre SP1 I could easily do 16X between waypoints, no matter how far apart. Now the max is 4X

Yep, absolutely.

Same for me, length of leg is irrelevant.

Does this include STAR vectors?  Do we need to tell the airplane to proceed after the vector to IAF or can we assume heading select to intercept the ILS? 

No, VECTORS is a waypoint as far as the FMC is concerned. It has to be an actual end of route (with no runway selected) or a discontinuity.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hello guys

I had intermittent pausing of the sim, for only a couple of seconds 3-5( pausing behaviour of Fsx). This also occurred with other aircraft and would occur frequently at pay ware airports like Orbx Moorabbin.

I know it has already been suggested but my issue was completely resolved by going to Control panel. Hardware and sound. Manage audio devices. going to properties of my speakers and de selecting

"allow applications to take exclusive control of this device," under the advanced tab.

I know it won't work for everyone but it was a fix that certainly worked for me 

Great job behind the scene guys. I have no issues on my end so far and just love the 300ER.

Btw - other small fixes RSR left out:

- Aircraft will correctly show up as a B77W instead of a B773 in the FS logbook now.

- Flap based acceleration height after takeoff reenabled - got broken somehow.

- A datalink ROUTE REQUEST search algorithm issue that prevented it from finding routes with certain types of filenames has been fixed.

- Fuel quantity can again be entered into the PERF INIT page while in manual refueling - also got broken somehow.

Some other small things may make it in but as RSR said, this is going to be primarily focused on stability fixes.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, what about live panel state load? Do you have any intention to fix it? I do not expect it at the first patch, I understand that there are more important problems to resolve, but it would be nice to acknowledge the existence of problem and say can you fix it or not.