Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

22Jul14 - Sp1 Monitoring Items Updated

I also hope soon.

I have tried turning off the airport add on's, departing and arriving, and all the other things.     Still getting out of memory crashes when in close to arrival airport.  I think it might be the ASNext. / B777combination,,,, never had this problem before the SP1 was installed.

Just hope PMDG will fix the wx radar in the 737, so I can get back to it.  I really don't want to have to go back to the iFly 737.   I cannot fly without the wx radar, now that we have it after  so many years going without.

JFriz

Ah man, I was hoping to wake this morning and download the SP1b so I can make the jump from KSEA to EGLL today in the ERX.

Its not worth me doing without the next step without ruining my day.

Really hope that the fix is ready soon.

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Has it been mentioned whether sp1b will be pushed via the OC or as another installer?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Just about every other topic in the 777 forum is people having OOM.

But it's not even on the list.

We are not talking about people that don't know how to turn things down or OFF we are talking about people that never have had OOM's before the 777 and "seems" worse with SP1.

Just dismissing this as user over doing the setting is just wrong.

Remember the JS400 hitting it's "limits" of what fsx can handle? well the 777 has the same sort of problem. Keep going down this path turning everything down until will have no AI, LOD set to 1 and zero addon airports activated?

I hope you can do something with VAS, it's a stunning aircraft but it's close to INOP within the platform it's designed for. FSX. We do not have P3D v XX running on 64 bit.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I guess a problem is also the amount of time flying.

In the 777 we have flights easily in the region of 6-10 hours, whereas the PMDG 737 or Aerosoft A320 often doesn´t fly more than 2-4 hours.

VAS seems to decrease overtime, since FSX isn´t good at releasing some of this adress space.

So flying more than double the time we normally do will exaggerate the issue.

Personally I use 1024 texturesize for most of my aircraft, cloauds and scenery, since the improvement is not worth the loss.

Autogen is at Normal and Scenery objects at Very dense.

I use ASN with min/max clouds draw distance set at 90.

I do have ORBX Global installed as well as alot of addon airports, mostly for Germany and south European countries, but I have turned off most of the photoreal sceneries.

There is no doubt that the PMDG 777 is pushing the limits of FSX, but it´s probably hard not to do, when You want so much from an aircraft.

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

I dont think Sp1B is gonna fix the VAS problems, they can be solved by lowering FSX settings...its more freezes that the SP1 may solve, dont wanna get your hopes up for nothing

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Just about every other topic in the 777 forum is people having OOM.

But it's not even on the list.

We are not talking about people that don't know how to turn things down or OFF we are talking about people that never have had OOM's before the 777 and "seems" worse with SP1.

Just dismissing this as user over doing the setting is just wrong.

Remember the JS400 hitting it's "limits" of what fsx can handle? well the 777 has the same sort of problem. Keep going down this path turning everything down until will have no AI, LOD set to 1 and zero addon airports activated?

I hope you can do something with VAS, it's a stunning aircraft but it's close to INOP within the platform it's designed for. FSX. We do not have P3D v XX running on 64 bit.

Sorry but there is multiple users who doesn't have these problems.

Keep in mind that the amount of users who post here is an .1 of the users of the 777.

You have posted in multiple threads about your issue, and there is already a lot of "literature" on how to reduce VAS, you might want to do some forum searches for ideas on how to overcome your memory issues.

Also: How did you figure PMDG should be able to patch out VAS issues? afaik there is no memory leak in it, so it's not something they can 'fix' per se.

There is only an fixed amount of bits of memory to load data into.

.....Also: How did you figure PMDG should be able to patch out VAS issues? afaik there is no memory leak in it, so it's not something they can 'fix' per se.....

From the PMDG Knowledge Base VAS management article:

....The PMDG 777-200LR/F aircraft itself uses approximately 700 to 800MB of VAS based on our testing, split roughly equally between the VC and external models and the aircraft systems programming...

Question is does the SP1 version need more VAS, if so why, and what could be removed, possibly as a user option, to lighten the load?  Discuss.

Andy Lawton

I dont think lowering FSX settings will solve much, if anything. Why do I think that? Because Everytime I experienced the "pausing issue", I was at cruising altitude, with little to no clouds, not near any add on airports, etc. Basically, my memory usage was as low as it can get with the 777, its not like I hit the limit and it froze. If this is not caused by the 777, then how come this only happens when I fly the 777?

And additionally, my pausing issue was unrecoverable...sound was still playing through speakers, etc, and eventually the flight would freeze and fsx would go back to the flight setup screen. I have other hi fidelity aircraft addons, and the only aircraft I have ever had an OOM with was the NGX, and that OOM was with one particular add on airport, because I had everything maxed out at the time. My current settings are rather conservative, with a good balance between performance and visuals. I think something between the coding for integrating ASN and the 777 weather radar might need fine tuning perhaps? I hate to sound pessimistic, but for now the issue had rendered the 777 inflyable for me.

Only one item to be monitored vas & oom. 777 with sp1 is becoming almost unplayable for more and more simmers. Please pmdg do something quickly. Now with ASN i have a 150$ fsx plane unuseable. We have waited one year for an update making the situation worse than before.

Need a sp1 b improving vas&oom issue Quick !!!

Need a sp1 b improving vas&oom issue Quick !!!

I can send you an SP1b quick..it won't fix anything..or you can wait for the real one from PMDG .

please send your answer too.....signyourpost.com

not trying to be a forum policeman,but your posts will be deleted unless you put a sig in your profile

steve :smile:

I really have no issues with VAS at all with the aircraft. I managed to do LGW-ANU-PUJ without resetting, all on Vatsim. I then switch off the sim, re-booted (left the panel state as previous flight) and continued back to LGW via ANU again. I have ORBX Global + Vector and openLC, as well as UK2000 LGW and various add ons for the Caribbean.

Just finished a flight from LGW-TPA with all of the above add-ons and still no issue.

I have pretty decent settings, but I just remember to turn off what I don't use.

Like I said in my previous post, updating graphics drivers worked a treat for me:

VASok.JPG