Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

22Jul14 - Sp1 Monitoring Items Updated

I'm going to do a test flight with no weather/ASN and see what happens.

Its not really the OOM error thats worrying me, its the freezing which seems to happen very soon after departure. Now I see there is a work around for one of the conditions where the undocked gauges don't correspond to the cockpit, and I'm now led to beleive that the big freeze is caused by short flight plans in the fmc ? Correct ? If this is the case then a trip from seattle to Heathrow shouldn't be an issue ?

Blake, all of my flight plans have been 13-hour flights, that's when I get the freeze

No problem with short flights here. Just flew KJAC to KDEN. No issues. What I am finding is that the 300ER isn't liking being paused for too long. I started a flight from KIAD TO PHNL overnight. Selected pause at TOD and when I got up this morning to finish the flight all CDU's were blank and the aircraft was bouncing up and down on the ground.

One other thing I find is that on landing, once I park at the gate with APU running as soon as I cut off the engines, the First Officer CDU's turn off. This doesn't happen in the 200.

So far so good on the test flight. Day, no weather/no asn. Well let it run. Also, no info loaded into FMC. Just fully fueled flying at 33,000

No problem with short flights here. Just flew KJAC to KDEN. No issues. What I am finding is that the 300ER isn't liking being paused for too long. I started a flight from KIAD TO PHNL overnight. Selected pause at TOD and when I got up this morning to finish the flight all CDU's were blank and the aircraft was bouncing up and down on the ground.

One other thing I find is that on landing, once I park at the gate with APU running as soon as I cut off the engines, the First Officer CDU's turn off. This doesn't happen in the 200.

I fly CYVR yesterday - VHHH VHHH2400NM crash this morning to find distance exit

I fly this route for three times

114249tq7ttg8ko59d9r75.jpg

Like I said in my previous post, updating graphics drivers worked a treat for me:

IMG

What driver are you now using?

Sorry but there is multiple users who doesn't have these problems.

Keep in mind that the amount of users who post here is an .1 of the users of the 777.

You have posted in multiple threads about your issue, and there is already a lot of "literature" on how to reduce VAS, you might want to do some forum searches for ideas on how to overcome your memory issues.

Also: How did you figure PMDG should be able to patch out VAS issues? afaik there is no memory leak in it, so it's not something they can 'fix' per se.

There is only an fixed amount of bits of memory to load data into.

With all due respect Sam, Ive be doing this for over ten years I know what am doing and yes some people are OK and look again about the amount of topics on OOM's.

I've read just about everything on OOM in fsx. a google search on OOM and Word Not Allowed even says he does not fly the 777 anymore because of OOM.

How can they fix it, no idea, I personly don't think there is a memory leak but overall its pushing VAS to high.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

With all due respect Sam, Ive be doing this for over ten years I know what am doing and yes some people are OK and look again about the amount of topics on OOM's.

I've read just about everything on OOM in fsx. a google search on OOM and Word Not Allowed even says he does not fly the 777 anymore because of OOM.

How can they fix it, no idea, I personly don't think there is a memory leak but overall its pushing VAS to high.

Yes plenty of topics.. But remember all the People who doesn't voice their opinions. I for one don't create threads and talk about how great everything is, because there is little reason for that. Therefore it may seem like a lot of people is having oom issues.

That being said;

Indeed some people have oom issues. It's an old platform, with an extreme amount of Add-ons being developed and loaded into the sim(We are so spoiled) it will put stress on the VAS of the old 32 bit sim.

One method to reduce vas load would be to simplify AC systems . But: is that really an trade off we would want?

Surely this isn't a part of the PMDG brand.

I think, if you have oom issues you should start to prioritize your memory different , by either reducing settings or disabling some scenery when flying very complex AC's

And don't throw in how much lower the NGX is since it has less systems to simulate which gives you less variables which in return will lead to less VAS usage.

Mind you I'm by no means trying to be disrespectful I any regard, but if I can give you some different thoughts of perspective I find my time well used :)

Some of my points may be over simplified, and I'm sure Ryan or someone else on the pmdg team could discuss or elaborate further on this.

The same argument can be applied to add on scenery.

Perhaps approach scenery developers and get them to apply some magic VAS removal tool.

There is nothing wrong with the T7.

Where is the  release sp1b? I cant find it on PMDG website, please help.

Sam, my computer is not having OOM issues, my computer is very high end, and I monitored memory usage, and it was no where near the limit. Update: I just finished a 13 hour flight in the 300ER SP1, no issues whatsoever. This is the first flight since SP1 I didn't have the "pause" until fsx(just fsx not computer) froze. The difference between this flight and all the others? No ASN. Keep in mind that the other flight where I used ASN (cloud draw 90 miles) the skies where relatively clear. I think there is surely a correlation between the 777 and ASN. Are there users not experiencing issues who ARE using ASN?

Hirdy, keep in mind my pause issue happend well over the ocean in relatively clear skies. add-onn scenery was out of sight, out of mind and not a factor nor drain on memory resources.

I'm 2 hours into my flight from KSEA to EGLL and all seems good, settings are high, but not max, VAS is behaving at the moment. Just need some storms to check out the Wx radar.