Sign in to follow this  
Noel

How is the ERJ145 PIC compared to PMDG 737NG 800/900

I just completed a review for the ERJ and I found it to be a very difficult plane to learn. The FMS is fully functional and probably the hardest part of this package to learn, because most of the planes avionics relies on the FMS.I can't comment on the 737, but I have since ordered it simply because I had so much fun learning the ERJ.Get both if you can!

Guest _ak

real ERJs have no autothrottle.As someone noticed, FMS is much different from boeing units. Colored CDU display makes things better readable, after I often getting lost with other CDU units :)

>>This is really kind of them...didn't know that.>>But nevertheless, if you are interested in a totally other>handling and atmosphere I would look at the ERJ (this doesn't>mean that the PMDG has nothing special and extraordinary to>offer - best TCAS, best displays, very customizable,...).It seems that getting both could be an interesting option.In such I case I would ask. Which one is best to get first?ERJ because it's smaller? Bigger planes usually means more complex and demanding so it would be natural to work from less to bigger size. Or am I thinking wrong here?

Guest QFA001

It's a tough question;The ERJ is a real pilot's plane. Less automated system (just like mentioned lack of AT and advisory VNAV) but at the same time real pilots usually start at a regional company flying these planes. PMDG is more like an airliner. You program the FMS and the plane flies the route almost without pilot interaction. I'm not saying it's bad it's just different. For the system simulation I believe these two products are the best in these days. I like the ERJ more for it's photorealistic panels. For some reason it can put me into the captain's position and I helps me believe there are 50 PAX behind me. Also the sounds are fantastic on the ERJ sounds like the real thing. For me the PMDG's sound a little bit synthetic. If you can buy them buy them both.quantasluver

>I like the ERJ more for it's>photorealistic panels. Is it possible to see them somewhere in their higher resolution rendition? What I can see on FeelThere's website is simply too small.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

PMDG 737NG is tops. Functional, elegant, predictable, detailed, and intuitive.FT's ERJ is a downer for me in two main areas: on my machine, the glass cockpit displays take 50 seconds to populate after the 2D panel frame loads and is visible when loading a new flight. When I change views in the 2D view, there is significant delay in the repopulation of the glass gauges. Not bad, but not good either. Overall, smoothness and performance goes to the PMDG on my machine, which runs everything else I have very very well. Secondarily, the FMC in the ERJ does not bring up ICAOs of any of my common airports I fly in and out of. I have no problems with PMDG's FMC for these airports, nor does the GARMIN in the default planes, or the Piper Meridian I have, or the CitationX, have any issues communicating with the nav database. The ERJ does. You can verify this on their web site's forum. When you load a plan for say KOAK to KACV, you will get LL01, LL03, or something like that. You can't input KACV as it does not communicate I don't believe you will get ILS freq either, though I'm not certain. IMO, it's just not worth the $35 - $39. I know others are happy with the overall product. Several others still are not happy with the VC, in fact the pro reviews of the ERJ's VC I don't believe are favorable. Save your money and buy PMDG's 737NG. Don't know about the Level D 767. I would sell it for $10 if I could legally. FeelThere is happy to remind you, "no no, you can't sell it that would be piracy . . . ." Blah blah blah. Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest Stefan Bergert

no probs with performance of the ERJ on my machine (AMD Athlon 3200, Radeon Pro9800 and 512MB DDR)... all airports I want to fly to are in the ERJ's database. Hmm...

Guest QFA001

Dear Administrator,Would that be possible to close this guys not well hidden offer of selling pirated software? I'm not talking about ethics anymore I'm talking about piracy. Every single post he made about feelThere in the past has a hidded message as he's offering their product for $10.I always tought about Avsim as a place where people share ideas, but this is just getting ugly anymore.Quantasluver

>offering their product for $10.joking, huh?The guy clearly stated he would sell it if he could. He obviously doesn't like it so he would gladly uninstall it and give it/sell it to someone else. With downloadable program it is however difficult. Go look for pirates somewhere else ...Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest QFA001

Michael,It's a longer story. This guy is jumping every single topic which has anything to do with feelthere and post the same sh*t. It's clear to see he has a vendetta against the developers as it was noticed by several people including myself. I do own the ERJ and I don't wish to get it or any other plane without paying for it, but if someone's every post ends up with "I wish I could sell it for $10" that raises some eyebrows. Even if half of his claim would be true I'm sure we would see so much more chatters about these problems, however the only thing I can see is people who own the ERJ telling him it's running perfectly on their machine (including mine) and offering help to fix his broken database here http://www.popcircle.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1403No harm was done don't worryQuantasluvr

Guest QFA001

Check out the feelthere forum. I just saw someone posted a 1600X1200 screenshot in regard some system question.Quantasluvr

>FT's ERJ is a downer for me in two main areas: on my machine,>the glass cockpit displays take 50 seconds to populate after>the 2D panel frame loads and is visible when loading a new>flight. When I change views in the 2D view, there is>significant delay in the repopulation of the glass gauges. If you have this problems on your machine then it could be of interest to know what system you have.

Guest QFA001

Before you seriously make your deccision based on this person's answer search the forum using "feelthere" for a keyword and read the last 5-6 topics and you will understand; this person has no intention to give any usefull information about this product nor has the understanding of it's features.Check out these 2 pro reviews to get the picture:http://www.flightsimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31552http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/re...erj01/erj01.htmquantasluvr

Listen Q, I have every right to express my dissatisfaction with the plane and the company. My claims are 100% accurate for my experience. Just as YOU have a bone to pick with me, I have one to pick with FT and it's ERJ. In exchange for FT's decision to not refund my $35 48h after I gave it to them, despite genuine dissatisfaction with the product on my part, I promised to express my opinion whenever someone asks about comparisons and opinions of their product. I know of no other industry where you can sell someone something, lose almost nothing in the transaction (ie packaging etc), and completely reject their request for a refund 2 days later. As I said in one of my first posts on this product, buyer beware. You may find the FMC does not function like other FMCs you may experience. These comments on their site will clue you into what you MAY find:"I just downloaded the ERJ today and I was going through the tutorial flight from KLAX to KSFO. I programmed the identical flight plan in FS9, which by the way wasn't even close to what FS9 programmed; but who cares. When I went to select fs flight plan on the FMS it just plugged some flight plan in starting out with LL01, LL02, LL03, up to LL11. Another thing when I first turn on the FMS(which is running when I start) and go to initial POS and click on the button like the tutorial says to do then the load button and then go to flight plan, no initial pos is in the upper left side under origin. Like I said the ERJ and FMS are new to me so maybe I did something out of sequence???" eagledrvr"If you see that at your destination it's likely not in the nav database. In the new database we added the secondary airports too so very likely at least at the destination it will go away." Vic (support)"Thanks vic,I went from KPHL to KORF and none of the airports or waypoints came up in the system. Most of the wtps were the usaual VORs and typical intsections. Do I need to download another set of nav data from somewhere in order to make the WPTs show up in the FMS???""Hmmm. I just flew a KLGA-KPHL flight a few moments ago to test something and KPHL was in the database." Vic (Vic hasn't figured out yet that there is a problem in how some system's deal with their database issue)"When I click on LOAD FS FPL in the FMS it always says Flightplan is empty. In which directory does the PIC-ERJ145 look for those fpl ? I think this could be the proclem as I do not use the English Version of FS9." fsfan "I get the same problem, I use FSNAV to create the plan, then export it to FS9. I get the empty message as well. Thanks" Kelley "Just bought the ERJ-145 PIC. I'm picking up most things OK, but the FMS seems to be unable to pick up the nav database for some reason. Please see the screen below and you'll note no active nav data. Any help you can offer will be much appreciated." PhilipManwaringI take the trouble to post this because you may need to fix this issue if you buy this product. Further, if I had read these posts I may have researched the decision more carefully as I personally have a problem with needing to fix things to make them work, esp at $35. There are others who have purchased it and don't use it. It DOES NOT perform as the .pdf guide states on my machine, and there is a fix apparently you can do. I asked "support" about this fix as it appeared to involve some system changes as I did not want mess up any other part of my sys. I got no reply. Q's comment, "and offering help to fix his broken database here http://www.popcircle.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1403" will lead you to some work to do to "FIX YOUR DATABASE" which WORKS EVERYWHERE ELSE WITH EVERY OTHER FMC AND NAV DEVICE. Just a warning to you. Obviously my machine is not the only one needing this "fix." Further, here is FT's explanation:"The reason for this is our databse is refreshed in every month while FSs stays as we know in the way as it was in 2002. When the FS flightplan doesnt match with the real one our FMS creates a custom waypoint for it"OK, as I said, be prepared for it NOT to work like every other nav device you may experience. I have the latest Db installed. Q, be happy with expressing your own opinion of the ERJ. This is mine. And thank you Michal for pointing out Q's "hidden" vendetta.Bottom line, go for the PMDG. It performs predictably, beautifully, and will not require modifation or fixes to your system to make it run as advertised.Cheers,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

P4 3.5GHz, 1Gb DDR ram, BFG 6800GT OC, Win 2000 Pro w/ SP4, DX 9.0c, high perf SCSI drives system with very low CPU utilization, etc.I am running ActiveSky 4.5, Flight Deck Companion, registered FSUIPC, ActiveCamera, FSG mesh, and now the AWESOME FSCENE 2004. Just awesome detail, and excellent performance.I am blessed to be able to run all sliders hard right now, except occasionally I will drop the cloud density to medium, but usually it's fine at max now with the 71.20 Forceware drivers. I am using default clouds and have really remarkable performance now. I run the lean boot with 16 processes running. I am able to fly in plenty of cumulus now with almost zero downturn in framerate, of course, plane dependent. I am also running at 1600x1200x32 8xAF, 4xAA.The PMDG 737NG runs very well, but occasionally in big terminals will bog and frames will drop off my lock of 23 (which I use for the ERJ as well). For all other aircraft, including Piper Meridian (a true honey), PMDG B1900D, and EG CitationX, the lock is set at 31, and amazingly now, will stay at or within a frame or 2 even in high density weather. I give the clear edge to the PMDG product over the ERJ for overall performance, glass gauge issue notwithstanding.Noel

Noel